Kidani Village Rocked! Our Trip Report

Can;t wait to hear more. Sounds like a fun trip. Enjoy!

Wonderful trip report...waiting for more!

I am going in under two weeks and staying at Kidani! My kids don't know that I rented points from a friend..they think we are staying at POFQ. This will be our first DVC experience. :thumbsup2:cool1:

Enjoying your TR. Funny that you noticed your airport gate was "L8".

Could you post a picture of your Boabab tree gift?

Colossus? Sore thumb? My home this is!

</yoda>

It's just totally different than other DVC properties and if you love it than that's all that matters. I'll have some really nice photos of it coming up. One recommendation I can give you is to make sure you keep the curtains closed!! You can see right into the rooms from wherever you are.:3dglasses

Finally we got to see our room:
Disneymay09_20090501_0708.jpg

It was just a studio savanna view but it's very nice. First thing that struck us was the nice tall bed (you don't want to fall out of it since it's about waist high):
Disneymay09_20090501_0721.jpg

Disneymay09_20090501_0722.jpg

I loved the mirror they have in the room:
Disneymay09_20090501_0723.jpg

And the view was fantastic. Nothing wrong with being on the second floor as it gets you closer to the animals. Note that in these photos there are no animals as they were in for feeding (between 9-11am). This is the view straight off our balcony:
Disneymay09_20090501_0725.jpg

And the view to the right:
Disneymay09_20090501_0727.jpg

And the view to the left back towards the lobby:
Disneymay09_20090501_0726.jpg

Another really really cool item in the rooms is the sheer (spelling??). I'll post a photo of it later, but it 's difficult to get a good photo of it. Anyways, the sheers have animal designs in them with tons of Disney Characters from The Lion King. It's just a really cool touch.

Eventhough we only spent one day at the parks, we really didn't spend much time in our room. We were always out doing stuff. The savanna view was only 10 points more than the parking lot view, so I think springing for it is a good idea. It just adds to the feel of being somewhere special to be able to walk out and watch the animals wandering around.

One thing I did notice about the room is it's very easy to hear people in the hallway. I don't know why since it seems like a good door, but at night we could hear people who were just having a normal conversation. To be courteous to others I suppose guests should be quiet at night while entering or exiting the building.

More to follow!!

It's just totally different than other DVC properties and if you love it than that's all that matters. I'll have some really nice photos of it coming up. One recommendation I can give you is to make sure you keep the curtains closed!! You can see right into the rooms from wherever you are.:3dglasses

Oh, I don't care what anyone else thinks about it! I mean, I originally bought AKV but immediately canceled because we knew DVC was right for us, but AKV definitely was not! I was just struck by the comment and it brought to mind a line from Empire Strikes Back, which is on almost constantly thanks to my son ;) so I couldn't help but reply in that manner.

Great pics!!!! I can't wait to see more and better yet BE there in a few SHORT days! :cool1:

Happy anniversary! And remember, happy parents=happy kids! Enjoying your TR, the pictures are beautiful-it looks like you had great weather!

Thanks for the trip report!!!! Happy Anniversary! It was our 17th as well on May 2!!!! Its so good to reconnect with each other I know what you mean. Your pictures were awesome thanks. More TR Please!

Great to see some more pics of Kidani - from the guest's perspective. We'll be going home to Jambo next month, but will definitely be checking out as much of Kidani as we can! Can't wait!:banana:

I felt like as we headed into our 17th year of being married it was time to reconnect and enjoy a little time to ourselves. Plus, our anniversary and my wife's birthday are 2 weeks apart (tough on the wallet) so I had to do something special.

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you celebrated in style.

Our 17th is coming up in November and we're planning a quick 5 day trip to Kidani as well. This will be our first trip to WDW just the two of us. :banana: It's funny that there are several threads about folks taking a romantic getaway trip to Kidani (sans kids) over the weekend. :love: Guess it's just got that kind of atmosphere, huh?

Thanks everybody for the congrats. Besides it being our anniversary we were also celebrating my wife's birthday coming up next week. So with her wearing two buttons she got lots of congrats from cast members and guests. That was really fun.

Couple of quick photos people asked for before I head out to buy groceries:

Here is the Baobab tree that was presented to us for being one of the first guests.
disneymay09_20090506_0836.jpg

Here is the a photo of the activities list (wish it was better but I have a cheap camera):
disneymay09_20090506_0837.jpg

And here is a photo of the animals you'll find on the Savanna:
disneymay09_20090506_0839.jpg

disneymay09_20090506_0840.jpg

Glad you're enjoying the trip report. I got lots more coming. Hope I don't fill up my photobucket account.

Am I reading this right? - the storytelling is in the library and not around the outside firepit?:confused3
Thanks for posting the activities!!:thumbsup2

Thanks for posting the picture of the tree/gift. You'll be able to always have a little bit of Kidani at home. And nice Disney placemats!

Thanks for the TR, I can't wait to check in this week-end. I know you said that when you took pictures of the savannah the animals were being fed but I haven't seen many animals in any of the pictures I have seen of the savannah. Did you see plenty of animals when in your room?

Thanks for sharing with us

Thanks for the TR, I can't wait to check in this week-end. I know you said that when you took pictures of the savannah the animals were being fed but I haven't seen many animals in any of the pictures I have seen of the savannah. Did you see plenty of animals when in your room?

Thanks for sharing with us

In an upcoming report you'll see more animals. Other than between 9 and noon there were always animals. There seemed to be lots of them in the evening and it's almost like they rotated them somehow because you didn't see all the animals out there at the same time. On Sunday I got back from the MK at 2:30am and stepped out on the balcony and you could see many animals sleeping in the dim light.

While eating at Sanaa the big Ankole Cattle came walking past the windows. Those guys are a show stopper (yes, I stopped eating to watch them).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter