Keys to the world

Disneychick75

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to get these for my traveling party and myself at the Contemporary when we check in? We have magic bands but in case those lose their charge during the day, I'd like for us to have an alternative.

I’m at all stars but I’ve asked same question on here, and was told that yes, kttw cards still available at check in 😀

We won’t have magic bands until night 2 so need an alternative for my daughter.

We have magic bands but in case those lose their charge during the day, I'd like for us to have an alternative.
There is no need but yes you can get multiple types of RF ID cards. Please note that your MBs will still perform all basic functions like opening your room door, access at the Front Gate tapstiles and Lightning lane tapstiles when the MB battery is depleted.

The only function that will not be available without a charged MB is interactions with the long range RFID scanners for Ride pictures or interactive points in the parks. None of the RFID Cards can replace this function.

You will need resort RFID cards for room access and you can pick them up at the Front desk. You will need Ticket RFID cards for Park access depending your ticket type.

Dave

Thanks so much!
Dave, I didn't realize that magic bands would still work to open doors, etc. I'm bringing a 4 at once charger and plan to use it each night to recharge the bands but you never know, lol.

Thanks so much!
Dave, I didn't realize that magic bands would still work to open doors, etc. I'm bringing a 4 at once charger and plan to use it each night to recharge the bands but you never know, lol.
I take an old MB2 with me as a backup. Sometimes my MB+ get glitchy even when they are charged, and the old band works like a champ. But it doesn’t hurt to have the KTTW cards as a backup either. If you have smartphones, you can also use those to unlock your room, enter the parks, etc. I haven’t set my phone up to do that, but my BIL has and uses it every time we go. He hates anything on his wrist.

I take an old MB2 with me as a backup. Sometimes my MB+ get glitchy even when they are charged, and the old band works like a champ. But it doesn’t hurt to have the KTTW cards as a backup either. If you have smartphones, you can also use those to unlock your room, enter the parks, etc. I haven’t set my phone up to do that, but my BIL has and uses it every time we go. He hates anything on his wrist.
Thank you, I have my phone with MDE. Wasn't sure how long it would stay charged if I have to use it a lot for Genie, etc. I did buy a portable charger, just in case. Trying to cover all of my bases.

We have been requesting key cards on our recent trips. Our MB+ bands work inconsistently and the cards have bailed us out more than once. The front desk folks have been happy to provide the cards as an alternative.

We have been requesting key cards on our recent trips. Our MB+ bands work inconsistently and the cards have bailed us out more than once. The front desk folks have been happy to provide the cards as an alternative.
Thanks for this information! Wish the MB+ didn't need charging. We'll have iPhones, ipads, a laptop, my tens unit and now MBs to charge every day. I have a bag dedicated to electronics, cords and chargers, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter