Keto at Disney?

Be sure to bring some snacks with you into the park, in case you hit a wall. I know it's sometimes hard to find keto snacks though. I have been able to find single serving beef jerky that's not too bad. I can't eat whole nuts, but those are an option. I do individual packets of plain almond butter instead. It doesn't have to be huge, just enough to prevent a meltdown.

ADDED: I also found an awesome make your own salad option at POR. It's not a bar; they make it for you. However, the protein options were chicken, beef, and salmon, and they had kale as a lettuce option! I ended up eating it twice over a week. My body thanked me, because I had been eating pretty poorly on the trip.

Be sure to bring some snacks with you into the park, in case you hit a wall. I know it's sometimes hard to find keto snacks though. I have been able to find single serving beef jerky that's not too bad. I can't eat whole nuts, but those are an option. I do individual packets of plain almond butter instead. It doesn't have to be huge, just enough to prevent a meltdown.

ADDED: I also found an awesome make your own salad option at POR. It's not a bar; they make it for you. However, the protein options were chicken, beef, and salmon, and they had kale as a lettuce option! I ended up eating it twice over a week. My body thanked me, because I had been eating pretty poorly on the trip.

It didn't occur to me that the CS burgers would be made with breadcrumbs, but I guess that makes sense. Darn, I was planning that to be my safe go-to for lunch, aside from the day we are eating at Sunshine Seasons, which I think has a grilled salmon salad.

I"m planning to bring pumpkin seeds as a snack to the parks.

It didn't occur to me that the CS burgers would be made with breadcrumbs, but I guess that makes sense. Darn, I was planning that to be my safe go-to for lunch, aside from the day we are eating at Sunshine Seasons, which I think has a grilled salmon salad.

I"m planning to bring pumpkin seeds as a snack to the parks.

At higher end restaurants, the burgers are probably just meat and seasoning. If they list the burger as gluten free with a gluten free bun or lettuce wrap, then you are probably good to go. The other thing they use in burgers as filler is oats. It's still not a giant amount of bread/carbs. A burger is safer than meatloaf.

I'd only trust their Cesar dressing to be low-carb if the nutrition information is on the pack. Some mayos are loaded with sugar.
I rarely use store bought salad dressings anymore. A squirt of a flavoured vinegar and/or oil does fine for me as does fresh lemon juice on it's own.

Lovely thread. I'm one who is just better off sticking to the diet that works for me and for my health, so the tips to help do that are truly appreciated for some future travel I hope to get to experience. I've learned to never look at it as depriving myself which was, in fact, pretty easy. And I've learned to appreciate and enjoy real, wholesome foods that nourish me and don't make me sick or dysfunctional. Its kind of funny getting a reminder that some see that as deprivation and finding myself surprised by that. This is a good place to be on my healing journey.

I envision future Disney experiences with real food from some of the nicer restaurants sans additives, sans gluten, sans refined and prepackaged this and that, but with lots of natural protien, fat, and veg. And believe it or not I think I'd keep on with some fasting on and off on most Disney trips as well...just because I like it. It keeps me happy and healthy. The more years you go with getting the results the better it all gets.

Thanks for starting this thread! I've been keto for almost 2 years. Our last trip to Disney was Feb. 2017 when I ran the Glass Slipper Challenge. I decided that, once I was done with the half, I could eat whatever I wanted for the week. Mistake. Big mistake. I felt terrible. And since I'd gotten myself re-addicted to carbs, it took me weeks to get back on track. Our next trip isn't until March, 2019, but I'm already planning! I found a great post today, here, on the Dis Boards, about cheese plates. There are a lot to choose from and at least 1 in every park. I started IF and EF about a year ago, so I plan to use that as a tool while vacationing. There are no "quintessential" Disney snacks that I can't live without.

Have you been on your trip yet?

Thanks for starting this thread! I've been keto for almost 2 years. Our last trip to Disney was Feb. 2017 when I ran the Glass Slipper Challenge. I decided that, once I was done with the half, I could eat whatever I wanted for the week. Mistake. Big mistake. I felt terrible. And since I'd gotten myself re-addicted to carbs, it took me weeks to get back on track. Our next trip isn't until March, 2019, but I'm already planning! I found a great post today, here, on the Dis Boards, about cheese plates. There are a lot to choose from and at least 1 in every park. I started IF and EF about a year ago, so I plan to use that as a tool while vacationing. There are no "quintessential" Disney snacks that I can't live without.

Have you been on your trip yet?

Hello! I did go on my trip and i wrote a dining report! I'll link it below. I told myself if I lose another 20 pounds before my December trip, I can eat anything I want. I think I may eat in moderation instead, I don't want to get sick. I just started IF a month ago and I love it. do you do 16:8? I also tried OMAD but I was barely eating and felt horrible, It's not for me.
what is EF?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter