KA WA‘A, a luau at Aulani - ??

Experience an exhilarating and enchanting journey through Hawaiian history—and discover its deep cultural roots in canoe (waʻa) exploration, which brought the first ancient explorers to the shores of Ko Olina.

• YOUR LŪ‘AU ADVENTURE
    Beginning November 2016, join us for an unforgettable evening of family entertainment as only Disney can offer.

Make your way to the Hālāwai Lawn, where the festivities begin at 5:00 PM with seating and pre-show activities. Then get ready for a full evening of exhilarating song, dance and storytelling as you enjoy a lavish Hawaiian feast.

Highlights include:
    • Pre-show activities, which may include traditional arts such as kapa printing, flower arranging and temporary kakau tattoos or pa‘i ai taro pounding.
    • Lū‘au introduction and oli (chant) welcome.
    • Buffet dining, including a carving station with suckling pig and prime rib, fresh local seafood, authentic island fare and enticing Asian specialties plus family-friendly offerings, kids' selections and a decadent dessert bar.
    • Lū‘au performance—an enchanting, often breathtaking production that brings the legends and lore of ancient Hawai'i to life.

Activities, performances and menu items are subject to change.
    Show Less

• RESERVATION INFORMATION AND PRICING
    KA WA‘A Lū‘au is currently available only to Guests of Aulani Resort. For advance reservations,
    call (808) 674-6850 between 12:00 PM and 8:00 PM HST.

When you reserve, you will need to provide your room reservation number and indicate your choice of seating package:
    • VIP Seating– $159 Adults/$109 Keiki (ages 3 through 9). There is no charge for keiki under 3.
    • General Admission – $119 Adults/$79 Keiki (ages 3 through 9). There is no charge for keiki under 3.

Prices include gratuities. Tax additional.

VIP Guests receive early check-in, priority up-front seating, complimentary alcoholic beverages and an enhanced welcome lei.

Please note: Advance phone reservations do not guarantee you seating. To complete payment and booking, you must visit the KA WA‘A Lūʻau Desk—open from 12:00 Noon to 8:00 PM daily—in the main lobby upon arrival at Aulani.

So Menehune Mischief dinner is still a go though, right? I already have that and a character breakfast buffet booked. Once we add the Luau, that will be three buffets in five days! Seems a little much, no? Thinking about cancelling the Mischief though we're llready planing to go to Roy's and Monkeypod other nights. Not sure what to do. Any other restaurants I should look at? Sorry, don't want to hijack.

So I just got off the phone with the reservation center and they said they are only taking reservations 60 days out. I was trying to book for January and she said call back at 60 days. They'll also said that they are trying to get the online reservation working for the luau but have been unsuccessful so far. Not sure how much I trust this 60 day thing as I have been told this regarding other items and have then been able to book them well before 60 days . Has anyone had any success booking anything further out than 60 days?

Has anyone had any success booking anything further out than 60 days?[/QUOTE said:
I called Tuesday and left a message regarding a reservation for December. They needed my email address and when I called back to give it to them they at first said I couldn't reserve because it was more than 60 days and then suddenly she said," oh wait. Here it is. Ok" and we were all set I guess. Anyway, I am still waiting for an email confirmation so not sure what to make of it.

The first one will be November 2nd and it will be offered on Wednesday and Saturday evenings. They can take your reservation over the phone but you have to pay once you check in, it is not guaranteed until you pay for it. I had read an article that said Moana would be there, but I can't remember where and they wouldn't confirm nor deny when I made the reservation.

KA WA‘A Lū‘au is currently available only to Guests of Aulani Resort. For advance reservations,
call (808) 674-6850 between 12:00 PM and 8:00 PM HST.

When you reserve, you will need to provide your room reservation number and indicate your choice of seating package:

• VIP Seating– $159 Adults/$109 Keiki (ages 3 through 9). There is no charge for keiki under 3.
  • General Admission – $119 Adults/$79 Keiki (ages 3 through 9). There is no charge for keiki under 3.

Prices include gratuities. Tax additional.

VIP Guests receive early check-in, priority up-front seating, complimentary alcoholic beverages and an enhanced welcome lei.

HMMM so we will be there the first week In Novmer and were planning to book an off site Luau.
I feel like we should get a discount as guinea pigs that first week.
So torn

HMMM so we will be there the first week In Novmer and were planning to book an off site Luau.
I feel like we should get a discount as guinea pigs that first week.
So torn

Maybe double book it then (outside luau and aulani). Wait for the reviews to come it (assuming you'll get a few before your show) and if you don't like what you hear cancel. Depends on outside Luau cancellation policy also of course.

Are the prices of this luau fairly comparable to others in the area?

It's a little bit more expensive. If you compare it to the Paradise Cove Luau next door to the resort, they only charge $85 for their basic experience. The VIP packages are a little more comparable to one another though.

So Menehune Mischief dinner is still a go though, right? I already have that and a character breakfast buffet booked. Once we add the Luau, that will be three buffets in five days! Seems a little much, no? Thinking about cancelling the Mischief though we're llready planing to go to Roy's and Monkeypod other nights. Not sure what to do. Any other restaurants I should look at? Sorry, don't want to hijack.

FWIW, we thought the Makahiki dinner buffet was very good. We went at 6:30, so not during the Menehune Michief dinner. I'd probably keep it because the luau will be a different experience.

We just attended the Fia Fia luau at the Marriott Beach Club in Ko'Olina. They have 3 levels-regular, premium and elite. We paid $125 for premium and were upgraded to elite. They are definitely kid friendly. Lots of kids including some staying at Aulani. There is a kids buffet-mac and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs etc. The kids at our table seemed to enjoy it. They include everyone in activities before hand. All the performers are very friendly and willing to encourage audience participation by adults and kids. It is on Tuesday nights.

We just attended the Fia Fia luau at the Marriott Beach Club in Ko'Olina. They have 3 levels-regular, premium and elite. We paid $125 for premium and were upgraded to elite. They are definitely kid friendly. Lots of kids including some staying at Aulani. There is a kids buffet-mac and cheese, spaghetti and meatballs etc. The kids at our table seemed to enjoy it. They include everyone in activities before hand. All the performers are very friendly and willing to encourage audience participation by adults and kids. It is on Tuesday nights.
Wonder how Aulani's offering will affect the Fia Fia luau. Looking forward to the new reviews before our next trip.

I can't wait to see reviews of Aulani's. Though I better go reserve it for our trip in 3.5 weeks...eek.I just hope the show is more than what the starlight hue was.

I got a reservation for the first week in December. Can't wait! I called to make my reservation and then got the email confirmation about a day and a half later. For anyone interested, we just booked the general admission and it comes with 1 complimentary drink.

I just got reservations for the 12th, a Saturday. It was the only one available during our stay. I hope it's good!!! I am glad my kids got to see the Starlight Hui last year when were there, even if I could not (I was with the baby!) :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter