Just returned from Western

Cooltrainer

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, We just returned from the Western Cruise. Had an awesome time... weather was perfect! Thanks to everyone on this board- all your ideas/hints and advice were all appreciated and really helped to make a magical cruise for us.

I wanted to pass on two things that we really learned from this particular cruise... we were on the Eastern side three years ago.

I had heard teens could get really out of hand... well they did on our cruise as well. At one point my husband and I passed a boys bathroom that had at least 10 or more boys in it.. all laughing and carrying on. We alerted a staff memeber, because we were concerned about what may be going on in there. Sure enough there was a girl in there with them! My advice to everyone is that if the teens get out of control, let the staff know early on in your cruise. As soon as you do, Disney is great at getting everything back in control. After this incident, the teens were much better and quieter.

Secondly, we stayed on deck 8. Previously we had stayed on deck 6. We will not stay on deck 8 until after the ship goes to dry dock. It is very loud and you can hear all the noise from the upper level, including all the chairs being moved around. It may have been our location- we were in the middle of the ship. If you stayed up until 1am and got up at 6am you were fine... other than that there was alot of noise. According to a crew memeber, they have received so many complaints about the noise on deck 8, that when they go to dry dock next year, they are going to try to add some sound proofing to the ceiling.

Lastly.... didn't know if any of you guys knew, but the eastern cruise is changing for next year according to the captain. Since they have so may repeat guests, they are changing it up! YIPPIE!

Any questions, please feel free to e-mail me... I'd be happy to tell you anything I know or have experienced!

:wave: :tongue: :tongue:

What stateroom were you in? We are staying in 8526 in November. We have a family of 5 and DH really wants a verandah so it's deck 8 for us!! I am a light sleeper, should I bring earplugs?

Thanks for taking the time to post! I love to read about everyone's experience. Our first cruise will be on the western next March, can't wait!!!!
Kathy :sunny:

Scottygirl, we were in 8528 on the Wonder last year and noise was not an issue--the first room she offered me was right under the Goofy pool (I had my ship map with me when I was on the phone) and I took a pass. Our room was by under the adult pool, I think, and there is much less chair rearranging there.
Of course we were all so whipped by the end of the day no one had any trouble sleeping!
Robin M.

Glad you have a nice time....we had problems one year with the chairs too and also pingpong games..you could hear the balls bouncing :yo-yo: For that being the highest price deck, they really need to fix it.

Did the captain say what ports will be changed on the eastern next year? It would have to be the move to California.....:confused: or is it after they come back in September?

Thanks
Travis

ps. we took ear plugs last year and had no problems ::yes::

We were in stateroom 8040, right under Goofy's pool. It appears that the crew takes one morning, really early and cleans a section of the deck. Next time, I will definitely bring ear plugs., or stay on deck 6, since it was much quieter there. In the morning, you could hear all the kids running around and the chairs being moved/arranged.

Scottygirl, you will probably be just fine where you are, especially since you are under the adult pool.. But it wouldn't hurt to bring ear plugs just in case. With the expensive rooms being on the 8th floor, they are definitely right in addressing the problem.

Disneyfamilyoffour, we traveled with two 16 year olds... here is what we did.

Key west= Catamaran racing... really was fun even though we had little wind.

Grand Cayman= Aquaboats and snorkel. Best excursion we did- this was so much fun! The boats went up to 30mph... fun and fast !

Cozumel= we just shopped and shopped! DD and her friend had a blast using their spanish :)
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter