Just Returned from the 1st Magic Sailing (3 night) from Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rude guest behaviour, is that not something that can happen on any cruise at any time? Sometimes you are more lucky or unlucky than others.

We got to witness up close and personal a loud screaming match at satellite falls in august on the Dream. It seemed to us that the clientele was different on a 3 night cruise vs a 7 night cruise. This was our first 3 night and we just did the 8 night on the fantasy. On the longer cruise, everyone we encountered was respectful and just happy to be there!

There were a lot of positives to this cruise, though. I found the crew very positive and caring, with no lamely indifferent crew members. Mistakes were made, but they were in good faith. I did hear ship-wide announcements about rescheduling of the rained out Mousequerade Party & fireworks, btw.

And the new muster drill was light years better than the old one. That really improved the embarkation day experience imo.

On the negative side, I did wish that the deck 4 promenade deck chairs were available. They were tied closed so that no one could use them. All of the pool deck loungers were available, though.
Were the deck 4 chairs off limits the whole cruise? That was not our experience on the Dream in August.

They were always available on the 8 night fantasy every time I walked by!
I thought it was pretty stupid for them to be tied up. I often like to lounge in that area, especially at night. People paid enough for the cruise to be able to use the deck chairs. Let's hope that was a first return cruise bump that will get ironed out.

I thought it was pretty stupid for them to be tied up. I often like to lounge in that area, especially at night. People paid enough for the cruise to be able to use the deck chairs. Let's hope that was a first return cruise bump that will get ironed out.

We were also on the 3rd and 4th dream cruises and they were available for guests. Was it really windy on your cruise? They will tie down loungers when it is really windy!

We were also on the 3rd and 4th dream cruises and they were available for guests. Was it really windy on your cruise? They will tie down loungers when it is really windy!
It wasn't crazy windy, no. I sailed on the Fantasy once when the wind was extreme- the pool decks completely closed on two of the sea days and the ship really rocked like mad. My recent Magic cruise wasn't like that at all- there was very little ship motion and outdoor wind wasn't typically noticeable. I walked a lap on the promenade deck one evening (when the chairs were tied up), and didn't even have an issue with my easily-disheveled hair blowing around. It was calm. That said, I recall that that morning had been windy (not crazy windy, just normal windy), so maybe they tied them up in the morning and just never untied them? Imo it really wasn't windy enough even in the morning to need to tie chairs down, though. It was just ordinary wind like you get on a normal windy day at home. And the deck chairs weren't out on the first day, either, when I went out on deck for muster, and there was no wind then at all.

Last edited:
It takes them a long time to rehearse for a show, and they're only doing one show at a time right now, and on the Magic it's Dreams. It seems very unlikely that they'd switch to Tangled by December.
I thought I had read that Tangled was happening on the UK cruises. But maybe they were referring to the show in the Tangled restaurant. 🤔

We got to witness up close and personal a loud screaming match at satellite falls in august on the Dream. It seemed to us that the clientele was different on a 3 night cruise vs a 7 night cruise. This was our first 3 night and we just did the 8 night on the fantasy. On the longer cruise, everyone we encountered was respectful and just happy to be there!
I think it is luck of the draw. Everyone was great on our recent Dream 3-night and had a “happy to be here” attitude. That said we’ve seen some atrocious behavior on both the Dream and the Fantasy on past cruises. Those people turn up anywhere.

How was the experience boarding at Port of Miami as concierge? We are surprising our teens in 3 weeks that we upgraded to concierge. We are wondering how long it will take for them to figure it out.
So we actually upgraded as soon as we boarded. That being said, concierge can arrive the earliest to Miami - 11am PAT. (We had 11:15). They allow you to enter 15 minutes prior to PAT, and unlike tents in Port Canaveral, in Miami you enter the terminal and go straight to covid testing. Once tested you head upstairs to wait for results, but concierge has a seperate area to wait. Once cleared, you complete check in and head to the ship. I believe Concierge used a separate entry way. The one difference is, instead of going directly to the lounge to meet your Concierge staff, you go to lunch in Rapunzel's. The concierge staff is here and will review your plans over lunch - my guess is this kept things spaced out vs. everyone in the small concierge lounge. Everything else was pretty much the same, with the exception of not being to take the snacks or beverages directly in the lounge...they have additional staff who will plate your food and make your coffee etc.

So we actually upgraded as soon as we boarded. That being said, concierge can arrive the earliest to Miami - 11am PAT. (We had 11:15).

We aren't Concierge and we have a 10:45 PAT for our 11/8 Magic Sailing... Wonder if that wasn't supposed to happen 😂

We aren't Concierge and we have a 10:45 PAT for our 11/8 Magic Sailing... Wonder if that wasn't supposed to happen 😂
We are concierge and our check in said to arrive anytime between 10:30 and 2:30. Wonder if since this was the first cruise they started at 11am. But it’s now been rolled back earlier. They did something similar in Port Canaveral when they started back. You will have to let us know how it goes next week.

Good
- Room keys are NOT given at checkin, they are in an envelope on the fish extender...a very weird situation, but made for a quicker checkin process

It’s already the norm on some other cruise lines. Love it.

Side note: This is textbook what people say about cruise lines like Carnival/Royal/NCL, never thought I’d read the same word being said about DCL.

Side note: This is textbook what people say about cruise lines like Carnival/Royal/NCL, never thought I’d read the same word being said about DCL.
I've read it lots of times, that people can act differently on different types of cruises. It isn't a comment particular to any given line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter