Just returned from Disney Wonder

DLihte

Earning My Ears
After 13 day of traveling with the family and finishing off with the Disney Wonder from June 3rd thru the 7th I thought I needed to share with all of you a bit of the trip to say thanks for all the wonderful tips I received from the board. We arrived in Fort Lauderdale on the 26th of May to surprise my mom on her 85th birthday. We spent two days with her and then rented a car from Budget and drove up to Orlando Monday afternoon. My wife and two boys 9 and 11. We stayed the first night at the Best Western Buena Vista. Since we knew we would be checking in to the Polynesian the next morning we thought a less expensive hotel for our arrival in Orlando would be nice. The Best Western is very beautiful. It was around 85.oo for the night. When we got into the room it was on the 10th floor and had a view of Downtown Disney and Epcot. The boys were so thrilled. We went for a swim and then had dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe right down the block in Downtown Disney. It is a pretty cool place for the kids.
We walked around a bit and then being tired went to the hotel. We watched the fireworks at 9pmfrom our balcony. The fireworks were over Epcot. Quite beautiful. The next morning we had a quick breakfast and arrived at the Polynesian around 8am. We kept the car and used their Valet parking. They take you to your room on a little vehicle with all your luggage behind you. Beleive it or not our room was already availiable at 8 in the morning. I checked in at the front desk. Got all of our passes to the parks. We had added an extra two days to our trip which was a blessing. The morning we checked in was an Epcot early morning but we decided to take the advice of some of our friends on the discussion board and instead of using early morning go to the park which offered it the previous day since it would be less crowded. For about three hours the Magic Kingdom was quite empty and we basically walked on all rides. At around 1pm we hopped on the Monorail and went to the Hotel where we enjoyed the new pool at the Poly. My kids just wouldn't get out. For those of you who are struggling with which room or building to choose I took advice from the message board and asked for the Samoan on the bottom floor. It was incredible. You open your balcony door and just beyond the grass the Valcano pool is their for you enjoyment. It is located right near all the shops so it was very convenient. That evening we took the illunination tour from The Yacht club with a friend from the message board who booked it months ago. Magnificant experience. If you don't have the opportunity to do the boat thing there are great views all around epcot. I will share with all of you our experience each night as the week progresses. Let me just say that the five days at Disney and the four days on the cruise were absolutely amazing, beautiful and miraculous. Not one thing went wrong for the entire trip. I know you are anxious to hear more. I wil see you all tomorrow night. Your friend Dennis. Feel free to Email me if you have any questions. DLihte@aol.com:pinkbounc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter