Just Returned From 1st Stay in Cabin Last Week

NCjenn

Mouseketeer
My Family and I stayed in a cabin at Fort Wilderness last week for the first time...and WE LOVED IT!!!!

We were in the 2300 loop, which is a small loop, and we loved the location. The cabin was just like it looks in the pictures I had seen. Everything was clean and in great condition. We really liked having a little extra space compared to a regular hotel room. We took advantage of the Free Dining so we didn't really use the kitchen except for a few breakfast things each morning.

We rented a golf cart from Kenny at Tee Time Golf Rentals and had a great experience. Very nice to deal with...good communication and service and good pricing. No, a golf cart is not a necessity at the Fort but it sure was nice to have that conveniently waiting for us after a long day in one of the parks. Plus, it was lots of fun riding around looking at all the fun Halloween decorations and my kids thought the cart was like an amusement park ride in itself :)

We enjoyed dinner at Trails End one evening. That place doesn't get a lot of love and attention on these boards but we all really enjoyed our dinner there. Everything was very fresh and tasty and we had great service.

We all loved the whole feel of the Fort...so relaxing and felt so far-removed from the hustle and bustle of the parks. We really liked that. We will definitely choose Fort Wilderness again!

Jenn,

Thanks for the writeup.

We stayed in the cabins before we got our trailer but we loved them. The cabins are a good comparison to the other resorts and what I liked best was the feeling of relaxation. Being in the woods on your deck listening to the birds sing and feeling the breeze sure beats a small concrete patio deck in one of the big resorts.

Regarding Trails End, it's my opinion that it was fabulous as a buffet in the past then opinion slipped a little when it went to a set menu for some meals and cut back on the number of items available on the more recent buffet. Compared to the other Disney restaurants (non-signature of course) it represents a better value in a relaxed setting. It feels like TE is trying to find its place or niche in this new age of the Dining Plan, Free Dining, Signature restaurants, and the economy in general.

Hope you make it back to the Fort soon! pixiedust:

Bama ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter