Just passed ROFR but already getting addonitis

RickL

Earning My Ears
I'm sure this has been discussed before. My purchase of resale was long overdue but now I'm already debating if I should buy some points direct in order to get the discount on the annual pass. It's just me now so I do foresee multiple solo trips to just get away from life here in New Jersey. The thought of not having to worry about wasting a park ticket on a quick visit to a favorite park restaurant is appealing. Thoughts?

You need to look at your non excited DVC use after the honeymoon wears off. If you would make use of an AP and the discounted price saves you money and the DVC discounts and extras will be used, only you can decide if the direct contract makes sense.

I know that after a few years we started reducing the number of Disney vacations and reduced our park time. AP's don't make sense anymore and the DVC extras aren't really that big of deal for us.

:earsboy: Bill

You need to look at your non excited DVC use after the honeymoon wears off. If you would make use of an AP and the discounted price saves you money and the DVC discounts and extras will be used, only you can decide if the direct contract makes sense.

I know that after a few years we started reducing the number of Disney vacations and reduced our park time. AP's don't make sense anymore and the DVC extras aren't really that big of deal for us.

:earsboy: Bill

Good point. The annual pass may make sense the first year when the enthusiasm level is high. I've been going to the parks for 25 years but always with my family and/or friends. Now that the kids are grown I think I would enjoy strolling through the parks at my own pace. After that I would settle in to just enjoying the resorts more and playing golf etc... Thanks for your feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts