Just Keep Swimming - March 31-April 7, 2013 - Closing Thoughts (Updated 5/17)

Day 3  Part Two

After DD got her face painted, we went to Sunshine Seasons because DS was acting all pouty and cranky and I figured he needed some food.
DD again at Sunshine Seasons

DH, DS and I split the Bounty Platter. Which I didnt get a picture of because DS pounced on the food so fast. DD got a cinnamon bun as big as her head.

A lot of the time these are dry, but this one was really fresh and very good. We all shared it with her since she couldnt eat it all.

After everyone was feed and less cranky, DD decided we need to ride Figment, so we did that.

We ventured back out to take more topiary photos.

I went inside to check out the Festival Center, but there wasnt much inside that really interested me. They had some cute things to buy, but there wasnt anything I HAD to have.

Then it was time for our fast passes for Soarin. My very FAVORITE ride !! I asked for and received a front row seat. Heck yeah !!!

After riding the best ride ever, the kids were hungry AGAIN so we headed over towards WS where they wanted to get some nachos. On the way we saw the Oz display.

Sunshine Seasons is one of those places I don't get the appeal for. We've had b'fast pastries there, which were fine. Can't do too much to mess up a muffin. However, the dinner we got there...yeah, not so much. Very disappointing.

Then it was time for our fast passes for Soarin. My very FAVORITE ride !! I asked for and received a front row seat. Heck yeah !!!

Yay!! When last we went, a CM told me they might not be able to honor my request for top row b/c it was a busy period. CM was very nice about it, but really? Not sure how me waiting until the next go round hold things up appreciably.

Oh and mmmm....Nachos!

Sunshine Seasons is one of those places I don't get the appeal for. We've had b'fast pastries there, which were fine. Can't do too much to mess up a muffin. However, the dinner we got there...yeah, not so much. Very disappointing.

I agree. I read so many good reviews, but this was the best meal we had there and that isn't saying much. They do have very good strawberry shortcake.

Yay!! When last we went, a CM told me they might not be able to honor my request for top row b/c it was a busy period. CM was very nice about it, but really? Not sure how me waiting until the next go round hold things up appreciably.

I always get front row. I don't mind waiting a few more minutes. Ahhhh - I love that ride.

Oh and mmmm....Nachos!

The kids love the nachos at La Cantina San Angel

I love that room!! The artwork in there is AMAZING!!! Do they sell prints anywhere?? I love that bow on the stove- how cute!!

I love her tasmanian devil that thing is cute!

why is always the south americans that wear heels to the park/pool?? How is that even possible to walk long distances with those things on??

Haha love her face painting and her hand gesture in that picture! You got some great Epcot pictures- that sky is gorgeous!

I love that room!! The artwork in there is AMAZING!!! Do they sell prints anywhere?? I love that bow on the stove- how cute!!

We loved out room and can't wait to go back. BLT is aooo awesome !! I didn't see any of the artwork for sale, so I am not sure if they sell it. I loved it, too.

I love her tasmanian devil that thing is cute!

She loves it, too. I already had to sew up two holes in it though, so Ihope it holds up.

why is always the south americans that wear heels to the park/pool?? How is that even possible to walk long distances with those things on??

I don't even know. I see some of them in the parks with those things on and I can't even imagine how they make it acroos the parking lot let alone all through the park. I can't wear them and have no desire to do so.

Haha love her face painting and her hand gesture in that picture! You got some great Epcot pictures- that sky is gorgeous!

I have a whole series of photos that DS took of her. She's so funny.
Thanks !! It was a gorgeous day that day.

That's some fantastic face painting!!

I prefer the top row for Soarin' as well.... not so fond of seeing people's shoes hanging down in my line of sight! Kinda spoils the illusion that I'm actually soaring. :lmao:

That cinnamon roll from SS looks really, really good!

Great photos of Wishes and the electric water pagent Susan!

DD's face painting is really cute! I love all of the colors :goodvibes

Wow, that cinnamon roll is HUGE!!!!

Yay for the first row on Soarin! I definitely think it's worth waiting for - I hate all the dangling feet!! :laughing:

That's a great face painting job! Very cute.
I actually do really enjoy Sunshine Seasons! DH doesn't though. Glad your meal was good enough and did the trick! That cinnamon bun is gigantic!

Ok, you were right. You're DD does love her junk food. Going for the cinnamon roll when everyone else is getting a nice full meal for breakfast. I've got to say that I can't find fault with either choice though.

Your "festival center" visit makes me miss the wonders of life pavilion...

And I think you know how I feel about those nachos too. Hard to pass by Mexico without getting some!

"While on vacation cinnamon rolls should be as big as one's head" - I think that's rule #12 or 13 about vacation food ;) Looks yummy!

How did she do with the cute face paint all day?

All caught up! I love your view from BLT! Your must have really enjoyed that :) I also love your Epcot photos! They really do a great job with the topiaries.

That's some fantastic face painting!!

I prefer the top row for Soarin' as well.... not so fond of seeing people's shoes hanging down in my line of sight! Kinda spoils the illusion that I'm actually soaring. :lmao:

That cinnamon roll from SS looks really, really good!

Great photos of Wishes and the electric water pagent Susan!

The lady that painted her face did a great job !! I tried to tip her but she wouldn't accept it.

Soarin' is my favorite ride. And that being so, I'm going to try to ride it with the best view if I can. So I will wait for front row. Every. Time.

It was a good cinnamon roll. I keep meaning to try the ones at MK, but we still haven't gotten around to that, yet.

DH took the photos. He is better at the night photos than me. :thumbsup2

DD's face painting is really cute! I love all of the colors :goodvibes

Wow, that cinnamon roll is HUGE!!!!

Yay for the first row on Soarin! I definitely think it's worth waiting for - I hate all the dangling feet!! :laughing:

She really did look cute. She just loves having her face painted.

It is as big as the plate !! I was glad she couldn't eat it all so I could have some.

I. Love. Soarin'. Soooo much !!

What???? Even better. They are so smart. Just more cha ching in their pockets. Genius! :thumbsup2

I think so, too. And since we haven't been able to get back to Food and Wine due to the kids' school schedules, I love that they added the booths at F&G. We really enjoyed the food we got.

That's a great face painting job! Very cute.
I actually do really enjoy Sunshine Seasons! DH doesn't though. Glad your meal was good enough and did the trick! That cinnamon bun is gigantic!

It was cute !! The lady that painted it did a fantastic job.

We need to give SS more of a chance, I guess.

Yes, it was very big. I am glad we only got one.

Ok, you were right. You're DD does love her junk food. Going for the cinnamon roll when everyone else is getting a nice full meal for breakfast. I've got to say that I can't find fault with either choice though.

Your "festival center" visit makes me miss the wonders of life pavilion...

And I think you know how I feel about those nachos too. Hard to pass by Mexico without getting some!

She does love her junk food. It is a continuous challenge to get decent food into the child.

I prefer the festival center at Food and Wine. They have lots more vendors and things to buy. At Flower and Garden they had one shopping are and then the places where they were giving presentations and that was it. Not much too it really.

Yes, we love the nachos at La Cantina San Angel. Good stuff!!!

"While on vacation cinnamon rolls should be as big as one's head" - I think that's rule #12 or 13 about vacation food ;) Looks yummy!

How did she do with the cute face paint all day?

It seriously was as big as her head. LOL

It lasted pretty much all day until she went swimming, I think. It was a pretty day, so she wasn't sweaty or anything. She was super cute all day :lovestruc

All caught up! I love your view from BLT! Your must have really enjoyed that :) I also love your Epcot photos! They really do a great job with the topiaries.

BLT was so awesome !! I can't wait to stay there again. Yes, the topiaries were awesome, too. I have LOTS more photos of them !!!

Day 3 Part Three

The Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz was coming out during that time and they had this great display with all kinds of neat signs and flowers and a playground.

DD played some games

They gave her some marigold seeds for participating.

She went to play in the playground for a bit. It was pretty crowded, so it was hard to get close and get a photo.

I snuck this photo of DS who had been way too cool to be in photos this trip.

We got done with that and headed towards Mexico so the kids could get their nachos.

Photos along the way

We made our way over to La Cantina San Angel, the counter service in Mexico. The kids like the food here. They had cheese nachos and churros

While they did that, I went over to get our APs transferred to a RFID card.

It was a pain because they would do all of them except for my husbands card. He had to go do his himself. Whatever. On the way back, I stopped by one of Flower and Garden food booths and got some shrimp and grits.

For a full dining review and what we had for lunch this day go HERE.

Anyway we ate that with the kids in a VERY crowded La Cantina San Angel and then DD wanted a Mickey Bar.

Then we began our tour of the countries in World Showcase.

I snuck this photo of DS who had been way too cool to be in photos this trip.

What the heck are you feeding this kid??!!! He practically looks like a different kid from Thanksgiving! Teens growing like weeds...it must be stopped! Seriously, someone needs to invent something to keep them little. pixiedust:

The Oz playground place looks like fun. Bummed we're missing out on it. Oh well. The Brave one last year was awesome, so I'm telling myself nothing could top that and I'm not really missing anything. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. ;)

The shrimp and grits looked good, but who puts corn in shrimp and grits? Obviously not a low country or cajun recipe.

What the heck are you feeding this kid??!!! He practically looks like a different kid from Thanksgiving! Teens growing like weeds...it must be stopped! Seriously, someone needs to invent something to keep them little. pixiedust:

I know it. Every week it seems he is outgrowing something.

The Oz playground place looks like fun. Bummed we're missing out on it. Oh well. The Brave one last year was awesome, so I'm telling myself nothing could top that and I'm not really missing anything. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. ;)

Bummer that you can't go. 132 days until the September trip !!! DH wanted to do a June trip, but we already have his family reunion and things are crazy at work and I just don't feel like I can take more time off.

The shrimp and grits looked good, but who puts corn in shrimp and grits? Obviously not a low country or cajun recipe.

We don't put it in ours, but this particular recipe was very good. It has a nice spicy kick to it. We really liked it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter