Just joined Weight Watchers

Well, motivation right now (and in years past) is my upcoming vacations. We plan big ones far in advance. This year is Yosemite. I want to be able to handle hiking and heat without extra weight slowing me down. I don’t get a do-over, so injury or regret are not an option. Bathing suit season with my kids - their friends’ mamas are super skinny and workout. Also, the compliments I keep getting from my very uncritical husband are really nice and addictive. And we’re doing WW together, so he keeps me honest.

Especially when I’m closer to the next 10 pound bracket on the scale. That being said, sometimes it’s almost like sabatoge and I start eating sweets like nobody’s business! It’s like I’m celebrating with eating. Why?!
I do the exact same thing! Hence the pizza and treats I had for dinner yesterday after nearing my first 10lbs. Kind of counterproductive isn’t it? :headache:

My motivation to get back on the wagon though is 1) our trip to WDW next month and 2) Summer is coming and my ‘ultrafit weight-lifter sister’ will be coming to visit. Not that I’ll ever look like her, nor do I want to, but to at least feel comfortable in shorts and tanks will be a plus.

I'm in! I lost 40lbs on WW over 10 months starting about two years ago. I was not a perfect WW, but a real one, so my loss was slow and steady. I stopped going and maintained for about 6 months and then slowly gained back about 20. I started 2 months ago and am down 11. My first goal is 25 lbs by June 1. DH and I made a deal that if I meet that goal, we will do Princess Half next year. Before he sounds like a jerk, he is more motivated when I am on program and he has a good amount to lose as well. It isn't about my weight for him, just that I am working- so he is working too!and, the deal was my idea!

One of my FAVE WW foods is egg salad on an english muffin. Whaaa?? Egg salad? Yep. You take:
2 hard boiled eggs (I used to do one egg, plus 2 egg whites, but now eggs are 0, so I just use two) 0pts
1 laughing cow cheese wedge- I like the spicier ones- 1pt
Mix together, add pepper to taste
Put on a toasted English Muffin (3-4 points based on light/regular)
Total- 4-5 points!

It is so good and filling!

Another filling breakfast:
2 toasted Eggo low fat nutrigrain waffles (2x2 pts)
Spray with pam. (0)
Dust with sugar substitute mixed with cinnamon (0)
Slice a banana and put it on top. I eat it like toast, without cutting it. Delicious, and a total of 4 points.

Huge victory this weekend - I indulged and spent a bunch of weeklies at the Mexican restaurant and still found some self control. DH and I counted our chips and let the kids have the rest. I planned a chicken mole entree and black beans in advance and tracked before we got there. Skipped the rice, the cheese dip, and the guacamole. But the HUGE thing was they had a skinny margarita that was actually really good. I don't know why it never occurred to me to ask before. Consequently I didn't fill up on a sugary drink and feel totally bloated by the time we left. I got to have some of my favorite treats and stay on plan. The sodium was still there, but I have 2 days before WI that I can get that flushed out. Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

We did a college visit last week, 5 hours away. On the way home, we stopped at a rest stop for breakfast, and McDonalds was the only choice (beyond Auntie Annies.)
'
I had a bacon, egg & cheese biscuit AND a hashbrown--- something like 17 of my 23 points for the day! I figured I could use my weeklies if needed.

But I was tired when we got home, and fighting a cold. So I went to bed. I woke up later, had a turkey sandwich on 1 pt bread... 2 pts total, and a tangerine.

SO I still had points for gingersnaps before bed!

Not exactly a textbook day, but I stayed within my points.

Hi Everyone, I just joined WW with my hubby on Saturday.. We are def having a learning week. Hubs coffee is 15 points and he drinks two before leaving the house and then one in the evening so that is his 45 daily points . we have found the sugar free syrup in vanilla and fat free creamer and we count that as 1 then his 1 TB of sugar is 3. so that is now 12.. Our menu for the week was already made and shopped for so we are over our points and I am almost out of my weeklies (he was out on day 1 :( ) but we are trying and I count that as a win. next week will be more heavy on the Chicken and Turkey (both boneless skinless and groud) as I 've not planned anything yet.
we have a trip planned with family in Sept and I will not be the fat aunt in the pics. I am a butter lover so I need to figure out how to work it in.
Hope everyone has a great day .. Michelle

Well our first weigh in was a success.. Hubs is down 3.3 and I am down 1.5.. We both were elated! He has now found the SF flavor syrups with the 0 point creamer and is trying splenda brand stevia packets in his coffee this week. ZERO points baby is his motivation for what was a 15 point coffee x 3 a day! This week I am making him track his own food and look up the points (it was exhausting last week doing it for both of us!) He picked a lower point option for breakfast - he needs to eat protein before leaving the house everyday due to his epilepsy - was 13 pts for a breakfast biscuit sandwich and this week it's a special K one, I noticed he is picking healthier options at work (he's a chef in a commercial kitchen and sky's the limit!) for his lunches which gives him more to play with at dinner and leaves a little for a treat.. for myself I tried making those 2 ingredient bagels that are the FB rage and they are tasty! I made them small this batch so next time I beef them up a bit and take the 3 pts (vs. the 2 for the littler one) and have an egg, WW cheese and 1 thin slice of deli ham for a pretty hearty BF, my lunches are normally chicken breast, cut veggies, SF pudding, some fruit and 2 Hershey kisses then I also have more pts for dinner / nighttime treat. At this point because it's still new feels pretty good.. I know when I get to about week 4 that is when it starts to feel old to me and I'll have to push through..

Hope you all have a good week! See you soon :)

This has been a crazy weekend. Weighed in Sunday and was up a couple tenths of a pound. I was pretty bummed. While out shopping decided to try onjeans in a size I hadn't worn in 7 years. To my shock, they fit! It helped me refocus and remind myself that the numbers are not always the whole story. :)It was just what I needed to get back on track. Then I went on a quick weekend getaway at a waterpark and ate a garbage dinner. :upsidedow We really need a facepalm smilie here.

I did really well last week, but had a few days where all my hard work went to waste. Had a baby shower for my daughter over the weekend and lived on party food for two days. I should have gotten rid of everything as soon as the party was over. We had pizza, wine, cake, chips, dips, etc. Ugh! Back on track this week and I'm making it a goal to get to the gym as well!

Joining ! DH and I joined WW yesterday. We've both done it before with some success - but really want to make it a priority at this sage in our lives. We are big DisneyNuts, so looking forward to hearing tips from our fellow DISBoarders.

I did super well yesterday, so I thought. Did well during the day and made fajitas for my family at night and I skipped the flour shells. I SKIPPED THE SHELLS!!! That is huge for me. Then guess what, I had M&Ms for a snack, so there went my extra save from the shells...sigh.

This is what my café was serving today - Lemon and rosemary chicken, sautéed mixed veggies and mashed CF, while everything is zero points I will add 2 because I am sure there was some butter or oil used for the cooking of the veggies at least.
IMG_8272 (002).jpg

I love that there are now at least 3 of us in this thread with DH on WW with us. Fun!

And the thread is gaining steam, too. Glad to have a new place to checkin everyday.

I’m down 5 lbs during Feb!! Had hoped it would be 6, but I’ve got some serious bloating going on. Sticking to the plan. My goal is 4 more before Easter. Bring on March!

Weighed in and I’m 10 lbs down!! Only 10 more to go to hit my goal but we leave for WDW in a few weeks so I know that will be a hurdle. I intend to enjoy my vacay though and then get back at it when we come home.

I was down 3 lbs two weeks ago and .2 last week. I am feeling frustrated with myself thoigh. I just feel like given any temptation, I make a poor choice. I am planning better meals, but like today, I had my usual wrap. PDQ brought over free chicken strips. So... of course, I had the chicken. I work in a school so this free but dangerous food scenario plays out regularly. I need to get a better handle on it.

In celebration of today's snow day, I made a turkey. And stuffing. And mashed potatoes. And opened a jar of gravy. And some cranberry sauce. And did I mention I had a glass of wine?... my first since joining WW in mid January.

OK, so I dove headfirst into my weeklies, another first. Tomorrow I'll get back on plan.

The good thing is that there's still the possibility of another snow day tomorrow, WW at Work would be cancelled. I have a whole week to compensate for today's snow party.

Hi :wave: everyone. I joined Weight Watchers on February 14th. I didn't even realize that was Valentines Day at the time. It was more like I'm doing this because lent started on Ash Wednesday. I'm down exactly 7 lbs. in three weeks. I'm really loving this new program better than the others. I look forward to the support and tips and cheering each other on.

I've had a couple of rough weeks. I'm coming up on my 1 year and I've long ponged between losing 61 and losing 58. I have had to reframe my thinking and tell myself even maintaining that loss is ok. It's better than gaining it all back, which is what I've done with different programs in the past. Most of my weight came off very quickly from March to September. Then it's been up and down and very slow losses. I love checking in here and reading everyone's progress!

WTG @Aliceacc! A little splurge into your weeklies is ok once in awhile.

@Capang, I heard someone recently suggest that losing slow better prepares you for maintenance, so I think you're on track with adjusting your perspective.

If this cold snap continues, I'm afraid my slow losing will too. But I'm ok with that. I need some time to get the whole "lifestyle" concept ingrained. I've reached the point where I quit the last 3 times I got back on WW. Weigh in is tomorrow and I expect to be down 10 lbs. Fingers crossed because last week I maintained and it was kind of a bummer. Those 10 lbs are feeling great, but I need this to stick and keep the losses going.

ETA: YES!!! 10 lbs GONE!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts