• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just how bad is it in August??

Jazzy

<font color=purple>Queen of the snake threads!</fo
I am considering a trip to Disney World in August and was wondering just how bad it is there in August. Is the heat unbearable and how bad are the crowds? We would be going the first week of August from August 4th to August 11th, or possibly August 2nd to August 9th. Any input would be great!

can be very hot and humid at times with daily temperatures possibly ranging 90 plus degrees with a sprinkling of midday showers (be sure to pack some ponchos or small travel size mini umbrellas to avoid getting wet). If you've already lived in a climate or even visited some locale where your body has experienced what it is like to feel taxing and intensive heat during the summer for days at a time, then I think you will adjust pretty well because of building up some tolerance. However, if this is not the case at all, then you can be in for quite a shock and could very well be quite taken aback especially when there is a low threshhold for humidity. I have never had a bad time in years of always going to WDW during August (so it can be a doable trip for some when much preparation meets expectations) and have used light-colored and light-weight clothing, water, juice, sunscreen, hats, shades, personally hand-held fans, swimming, and taking advantage of air conditioning periodically to ease the heat. As far as the crowds, the beginning of the month has been usually more populated than end in my experience. Hope this helps.:D

It will definitely be hot and humid....make no mistake about that! In addition, you can probably count on showers in the afternoon....most not lasting very long. The first two weeks of August are still fairly crowded. It is generally not until mid-August that the crowds begin to thin out...still crowded but not packed. I believe the reason for that is that many southern schools start by mid-August.

Plan on a lot of swimming and staying cool in the afternoons(especially)!

We went last year during the third week of August. I live near Philly in PA so the heat and humidity is nothing new to me. The kids 5 and 2 did wonderful. Just make everyone drink and don't push the kids too hard (stop for ice cream breaks). Have a great time!

and it is hot and humid but we pace ourselves.. We go early morning and really see a lot before the crowds and the heat hit..

Also, remember that AK is a very hot park and not too many places to cool off. We usually go in the am and then leave and return later in the day. Epcot is great for mid afternoon because there is A/C places to get out of the sun.

Also because the parks are open long, we do the eaarly morning and then hop to another park to cool off or go back the OKW for a swim and then go back to the parks when it is cooler later in the day.

Planning will make the visit wonderful... because standing in lines for an hour in the hot mid day sun is not fun for anyone.. Bring lots of water bottles, hats and sunscreen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter