Just Horsin' Around June Exercise Challenge

GrandAdmiralStrife has reached Galloping Green!!!!! Hoorah!!! :dogdance::dogdance::dogdance:

And our team is just 60 minutes away from 90% of goal. I am certain we can manage that - possibly even later today.

In honor of a Galloping color change, let's look at the story behind Disneyland's iconic carousel:

https://waltdisney.org/blog/horses-history-walt-disney-s-king-arthur-carrousel

In case you don't have time to read the entire article, here are a couple of my favorite take-aways:

"Walt had one specific theme in mind for his carrousel attraction – he wanted it to be made up solely of galloping horses, so that every rider could experience ‘charging’ as part of the legendary Knights of the Round Table. "

and

"Rumor had it that Jingles, the carrousel’s lead horse, was a favorite of Lillian Disney’s."

You can see some of the gorgeous horses and hear the carousel's musical score in this video:

I just love Walt's vision for this ride and his determination to see it fully realized. If any of you have your own trip photos of this ride or memories of riding it and are willing to share them here, feel free!

I am starting to walk a little bit more but I can't push it too much or I start to get shooting pains in my ankle which is what I did last night.

Wednesday -- 35
Thursday -- 81

1784/1350

Three cheers for PollyannaMom and our TEAM for reaching at least 90% of goal and Cantering Red!!!! Great job! party:

Our team is now 634 minutes away from goal with 2 days left in the month. I hope to catch up on my own minutes today and tomorrow.

Philippe from the animated Beauty and the Beast belongs to Belle and her father, Maurice. He is a Belgian Draft horse, a working breed known for their gentle nature. Philippe was originally referred to as Orson and later as Wilbert in the early stages of the movie's development. Philippe is loyal and friendly but easily frightened. He likes Belle being happy and giving rides. He dislikes Belle in danger, wolves, and creepy roads.

novb11.gif

Philippe Likes

enhanced-buzz-10436-1437518801-7.jpg

Philippe Dislikes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!