Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Boma and Animal Kingdom Lodge is a great way to start off your extended family's first time visit. It is one of our favorite restaurants and we always enjoy going out to see the animals after we eat.

So glad to read an update!! I'm stuffed after reading about all this yummy food and looking at the pics. :P

Hooray! Everyone was together at Disney!

I love, love, love that they added the pull out bed at CBR. Honestly, the resort has jumped to the top of my Must Try list now that each kid can have their own bed.

Mmm, a Boma dinner. Sounds like it was really good! I've only ever done a breakfast there, but I do like how they have different "stations."
They have zebra domes there?! I don't know why I did not know this. Well, with that information in hand, I might actually be able to convince my picky eater of a husband to give dinner a chance.

Glad everyone arrived safely. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the fun.....but take your time. I know you got a lot going on.

Happy you've got the whole crew together. BOMA sounds like the right place to kick off this get together. I haven't been there since 2007, we really need to go back.

I LOVE BOMA! I can't remember when I last posted so let me say that I'm sorry for the loss of your boss, I know he was also a friend and for John losing his job but yay! for finding employment so soon after! I look forward to reading about you showing the newbies around.

popcorn::
Been looking forward to hearing about the adventures you had since the gang is all together.
But we know you are busy with two jobs. Hope everything is okay too.
I'll be here.

Explorin' after dinner!

After our amazing dinner at Boma, there was still enough light to go outside and see if we could get a glimpse of some animals. Lucky for us, there were several out and about. There were zebras:

298 (768x1024).jpg

and wildebeast or is that wildabeast or wildbeast? Heck I can't spell it but it was this creature.

299 (768x1024).jpg

And look over there, there's a giraffe!

300 (768x1024).jpg

There was signage around the railings with animal identifiers and notices.

301 (768x1024).jpg

302 (1024x768).jpg

303 (1024x768).jpg

We stayed outside for a while just looking at the animals and the beautiful surroundings but the others had had a long ride and were ready to head back to the resort.

304 (768x1024).jpg

But, we couldn't just rush through the lobby area of the resort. We needed to take some pictures first.

305 (768x1024).jpg

Jesse's two brothers were very excited to be together at Walt Disney World. You may notice that Michael, the one in the middle, has a prosthetic leg. He was in a motorcycle accident and it cut his leg off around his knee. Not having a leg doesn't stop him at all.

306 (768x1024).jpg

While the other guys were posing for pictures, John was lounging in one of the rockers.

307 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Last edited:
It's official! I'm a total loser If I have any readers still out there, I'm sorry. I can say nothing more. Other than.....I'm about to update! If anybody even cares anymore. :sad2:

After our amazing dinner at Boma, there was still enough light to go outside and see if we could get a glimpse of some animals.
I'm still here! I love your most recent update. :rotfl2:You never said it was going to be long.

Explorin' after dinner!

My pictures don't hold a candle to the lodge and it's amazing décor, displays and architecture.

308 (768x1024).jpg

309 (1024x768).jpg

310 (768x1024).jpg

311 (768x1024).jpg

312 (768x1024).jpg

I can't remember what park bus came first but whatever it was, we hopped on it and then transferred to a bus back to the CBR. Jesse's parents hit the hot tub, Michael and his wife and child went to settle into their room, the rest of us went to look around the resort for a while. Jesse and Lacey had stayed at the CBR before but Jeremiah was a newbie. And he was wound tighter than tight. He was so excited to finally be at WDW. He was talking a mile a minute and was ready to spend all the money that he had saved up.

We showed him around Old Port Royale and then he kind of wandered around. John and Jesse were acting like silly goofs in the hat area.

314 (768x1024).jpg

When I turned around and saw this hat on Jesse, I 'bout died. It was hilarious and he was playing the roll of Jesse the Cowgirl fabulously!

316 (768x1024).jpg

**Continued in next post

Explorin' after dinner

Jeremiah found us and said that he was going back to the room. John doesn't drink a lot because of all of the medications that he takes. But, every once in a while, he'll have a beer. Tonight was one of those nights. He stopped at Banana Cabana for a beer and I attempted to take pictures without being too terribly obvious. I didn't want to disturb the other guests who were enjoying their time at the bar.

317 (768x1024).jpg

318 (1024x768).jpg

319 (768x1024).jpg

We all took our time strolling back to our rooms. It had been a while since we had seen Jesse and Lacey and it was nice to spend some time with them. At this time, we had no idea how the next week would be. We were traveling in a "herd" as John would later refer to us. :rolleyes1

The guys in the group (minus John) and Lacey wanted to swim for a while and the quiet pool was just that...quiet. They had it all to themselves. Lacey had gotten a GoPro for her birthday and they were making all sorts of videos and, because there were no others in the pool, they had races. The black dot that you see in the water is Michael a/k/a Bubba. He won nearly every single race and made sure that he let them know it.

322 (768x1024).jpg

John and I sat at the umbrella table watching them swim. I received a message from one of my fellow Magical DIStractions writers. There were reports that the refillable mug prices had changed. She wanted to know if I had seen them. I had but, since they came with our package, I didn't look at the price. I volunteered to hot foot it over to OPR before it closed and took a couple of pictures of the mug display.

321 (768x1024).jpg

320 (768x1024).jpg

After sending the pictures, I made my way back to the Jamaica quiet pool where everybody was still swimming. They were starting to feel the effects of the drive and were ready to call it a day/night. Tomorrow would be the beginning of our trip with a party of 11, 6 of which were newbies. :scared:

Chip 'N Dale and Holy H**L

So excited about this a update! We totally understand your busy life right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter