Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

Brrrr....ing it on!

One of the bad things about splitting up at a water park is there's no way to contact the other people in your party. I continued walking around the park taking pictures and looking for John and Hunter. Didn't see 'em anywhere.
P5290438 (768x1024).jpg

Not a soul at the Warming Hut. It wasn't even lunch time yet and we had done so much already.

P5290439 (768x1024).jpg

Plenty of folks in the wave pool and I knew better to think that my two guys were in there. Neither one of them care for wave pools.

P5290440 (1024x768).jpg

A quick check of our "settle-in for the day" area revealed that they weren't there so I figured why not go back up the mountain and see if I find them there. Starting the climb up.

P5290441 (1024x768).jpg

I got all the way up to the top of the Snow Stormers and I thought that I spotted them across the way but I wasn't sure. In the meantime, I tried to sneakily take a picture in between folks. I was trying to get a picture that showed you how you had to get on your mat. Well that was a bust. But you can see that you have to stand in a very shallow pool of water.

P5290442 (1024x768).jpg

I tried again and you can kind of see how this guy is kneeling on his mat. What you might not notice is how he is holding the front part of the mat up. This is pretty important because if you don't, your mat will get stuck on the sucker upper vent thingamagig. That's important to note. Keep that in mind. You know 'cause it's pretty important. What do I do? I get on it and forget to hold the stupid front up and I'm sucked up on the vent thing. A cast member told me to pull up and kick. Well, I did that and I barely moved. I finally wiggled and off I went! At least this time, I didn't have to ask someone to push my butt with their foot. (that happened on a previous trip).
P5290443 (1024x768).jpg

I made it to the bottom safely and turned to snap a picture.

P5290444 (768x1024).jpg

John and Hunter were still nowhere in sight so I went over to the exit of the Toboggan Racers which is their favorite favorite favorite attraction within the park. Waiting to see if they were in the group about to come down.
P5290446 (768x1024).jpg

Nope. Waited for the next.

P5290447 (768x1024).jpg

I watched two more sets of people come down and was about to give up when I heard someone behind me say "Mom". It was Hunter! I didn't even see them come down the slide!

**Up Next: I've lost my people! Where are my people?

Sounds like you had fun at the Mini Golf once you finally found it! One of these days I'm going to try one of those courses.

Even though I'm not a fan of water parks and doubt I will ever make it to one of the Disney ones, I really enjoy reading about them. I'm sure I would have had a difficult time with that one slide too!

Brrrr....ing it on!

One of the bad things about splitting up at a water park is there's no way to contact the other people in your party.

Oh yes!! When I was at 18 I was separated from the five other members of my party at Blizzard Beach. We said if we lost someone we would meet back at the locker...nope. I waited at the "lost parents" picnic bench for over two hours for them! They finally found me but what an annoyance. I did play checkers with the most adorable little boy though!

Sounds like you had fun at the Mini Golf once you finally found it! One of these days I'm going to try one of those courses.

Even though I'm not a fan of water parks and doubt I will ever make it to one of the Disney ones, I really enjoy reading about them. I'm sure I would have had a difficult time with that one slide too!

I can't believe that it took us so many years before we tried the mini-putt courses 'cause they are so much fun!

Oh yes!! When I was at 18 I was separated from the five other members of my party at Blizzard Beach. We said if we lost someone we would meet back at the locker...nope. I waited at the "lost parents" picnic bench for over two hours for them! They finally found me but what an annoyance. I did play checkers with the most adorable little boy though!

Oh wow! That's a lot of time to be "lost"!

I know Claire would love the water parks. One of these days I will take her there.

Hey LAdy! I just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten or abandoned your TR, I Have just gotten REALLY behind. I'm slowly catching up and love the report as always!

Fun updates, Lisa! I love how you guys always stop and smell the roses in Disney and do all the fun extras that I never stopped to do. :D

I know Claire would love the water parks. One of these days I will take her there.

Claire would love them! I'm betting that you would too.

Hey LAdy! I just wanted you to know I haven't forgotten or abandoned your TR, I Have just gotten REALLY behind. I'm slowly catching up and love the report as always!

Girrlllll, I know that falling behind feeling. Glad to have you back!

Fun updates, Lisa! I love how you guys always stop and smell the roses in Disney and do all the fun extras that I never stopped to do. :D

Well, it's something that we've learned to do over the years. Of course, with our next year's trip, we may only have a week since we've started new jobs so we'll be back to go go go.

Definitely! My friends were doing slides that I was too nervous to do and I guess they just figured since I wasn't going to do it anyway they would find me later. It was an interesting vacation haha

At least you have a funny (well now funny) story to share!

I've lost my people! Where are my people?

Even though John and Hunter had already gone down the Toboggan Racers at least a half dozen times, they wanted to go again and I went with them. Now the last time that I went down the Toboggan Racers, I got stuck. As in I wasn't moving at all and I had to ask a cast member to push me down with their foot. It was a really funny story. You can read more abot it here.

P5290448 (1024x768).jpg

See how the guy in the picture is positioned? That's the way that you position yourself while waiting on your turn to go down. Which works for most folks. Unfortunately for me, I'm not in that group of "most folks". Once I lie down, I just lay there. Don't move.
P5290449 (768x1024).jpg

So John and Hunter are getting me all pumped up telling me how to get 'er done and that they are gonna kick my butt in the race. I'm thinking that I got this and started to chill and take pictures around me.

P5290450 (1024x768).jpg

And it's time for me to get into position. I settle down on my mat on my hands and knees. I position the front of my toboggan just right. The lights come on and off they go! The significant word being "they". I'm stuck at the top. Squigglin' and wigglin' and lookin' a fool! Finally finally, I get to the edge and start going down. I reach the middle when everybody else is standing up at the end cheering for the winner. Me and this one little skinny kid came to a slow stop at the bottom. Yeah us!

John said that he was ready to go back to our settling in place but Hunter and I were going to tackle Runoff Rapids which is a tube ride. John doesn't like tube anything so he went the opposite direction. First we had to get a tube.

P5290451 (1024x768).jpg

There's the course above us.

P5290452 (1024x768).jpg

There are quite a few stairs that you have climb in order to reach the top but it is well worth the climb.

P5290453 (1024x768).jpg

P5290454 (1024x768).jpg

Waitin' our turn! I guess that I need to explain my weird eye and my goofy looks. I have Bell's Palsy. Had it for years and years. Most folks who get it suffer no lasting effects. The nerves heal themselves and you never know that you had it. I'm not the normal person and my nerves grew back all weird and one of my eyes droops and my mouth curls in some. It is especially bad when I smile or when I am really tired. So, when I take pictures, I try to overcompensate on the whole wide eyed thing to see if my other eye will open any wider. Anyway, most pictures come out goofy looking. While I AM goofy, I'm not AS goofy as most of my pictures come across. But I thought that you all might be wondering what's up so now you know.

P5290455 (768x1024).jpg

I can't say enough how much I appreciate the help and guidance of the Disney water park cast members. I love how they will hold your tube for you while you are getting in and then guiding you to the opening of the course. Makes it so much easier!
P5290456 (1024x768).jpg

P5290457 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

I've lost my people! Where are my people?

P5290458 (1024x768).jpg

P5290459 (1024x768).jpg

P5290460 (1024x768).jpg

P5290462 (768x1024).jpg

Hunter and I did a two seater that time but decided to do the individual ones the next time. We found John and Hunter talked him into doing the Snow Stormers but I needed to go check my phone which was in the locker. I told them that I'd meet them at the snow stormers in a bit and to go ahead and go on them as many times as they'd like. When I got to the lockers, I saw that Lacey had called. They were going to start their drive to Walt Disney World in just a few hours! They were bringing the rest of the gang with them! Tomorrow, the Mickeystoontown Gang would be a party of eleven! I talked with her for a little bit and then set off to find the guys. I looked all around the base of the Snow Stormers and couldn't find them. I waited a while longer and then decided to go on up the mountain myself. You can see a little bit of the line in this picture. I kept thinking that I saw John and Hunter.

P5290463 (768x1024).jpg

I'd snap a picture, look at it on the camera and zoom it in. Nope.

P5290464 (768x1024) - Copy.jpg

Nope! I've lost my people! Where are my people? Then I saw a little glimpse of Hunter and then John. But they weren't close enough to yell to them and it was my turn and down the slides I went. I turned back around hoping to get a glimpse of one of them. Not my kid or my husband.

P5290466 (768x1024).jpg

P5290467 (768x1024).jpg

P5290468 (768x1024).jpg

**Up next: That's a whole Lotta Watta food!

Last edited:
That's a whole Lotta Watta food!

We went back to our settle in spot and got our things so that John could find a spot with a bit more sunshine. Once we found one open loungers and more rays of sun, John laid down on a lounger and Hunter and I took a turn on the lazy river. I left the camera with John so that I wouldn't be focused on taking pictures but more on just chatting with Hunter and taking in the surroundings. We made an complete loop around the park and came back to find John sound asleep. Hunter was trying to tickle him under his chin but he said he was sweating and it was yuck thus the look on Hunter's face.

P5290469 (1024x768).jpg

Once John was awake, we asked if he was hungry because Hunter and I were starving. John was ready to eat too so we made the short walk over to LottaWatta Lodge. They have a lot of outdoor seating and a pretty good selection to choose from.

I got one of the grilled chicken wraps. It was nice and refreshing but could have used more dressing.
P5290470 (1024x768).jpg

I have a picture of housemade chips and I think that they came with my wrap:

P5290471 (1024x768).jpg

John went with basic fare of burger and fries and a cheesecake as his dessert.

P5290472 (1024x768).jpg

Hunter chose the chicken breast nuggets with fries.

P5290473 (1024x768).jpg

I'm not seeing pictures of the desserts that Hunter and I chose but we both had chocolate chip cookies.

There is a lot of outdoor seating at Lotta Watta Lodge and even though it was lunch time, you can see that there were still a few open tables.

P5290474 (1024x768).jpg

After lunch, I decided to check my phone again to see if Lacey had called. She had and while talking to her, I strolled around a little. There's the kids' play area:

P5290475 (1024x768).jpg

P5290476 (1024x768).jpg

P5290477 (1024x768).jpg

Very cute! Lacey and the rest of the gang were getting excited about joining us and were itching to get there! It had been a while since we had seen them all and we were anxious to see them too!

We did a few more things after I put the phone back in the locker but after about an hour or so, we had seen and done it all and were ready to go. I stopped and asked a cast member if we could leave our things in the locker, exit the park and then come back for them. They said absolutely so we set off on a short walk to our next destination.

**Up next: He snores louder than you do!

Lisa, you are gorgeous! Great pic of mom and son. :love: So excited for the part where Lacey arrives!

Lisa, your pictures always look great! I love the pic of you and Hunter :-) Can't wait for more updates!!!

Fun day at the water parks. I always love your updates from your water park days. They are always informative and entertaining. They really make me look forward to when my kids are older and we'll start going Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon.

Notice the ShopMickeystoontown bag that I'm using? I love carrying my bags when in the parks. Makes it so much easier! I make these and sell them on my Etsy shop and I also make custom bags. My Etsy shop (and now "On Your Merry Way Travel") help fund our Disney trips.

p5280403-768x1024-jpg.179538

Sure did! I have one like that! I love that fabric.

The only time I have been to the Swalfin (I can never remember which is which) was to eat at Blue Zoo. I am directionally challenged and I know I would get hopelessly lost around those two resorts.

Disney really nails the themes in their mini-golf courses and water parks. We have not done putt-putt at Disney though. That is funny that the buckets squirt water!

I really enjoy reading about how much you love the water parks. You have a nice mix of doing things together and going solo. It is a little scary when you split up though. After Ben and I were separated from Mark and Nate for over an hour at the Lazy River in Atlantis, we finally figured out we would meet back where our stuff was. From then on, I brought a notepad with a pencil and that allowed us to leave notes about where we were and when we would be back if we went off in different directions.

:goodvibes

Replies are coming, I promise. I went from having no job at all to having two jobs. Not only am I working to close down my boss's office, I am now working full-time for another attorney. It's going to be a stressful time but I am not going to complain as I prayed for a job, any job, and now I temporarily have two. Once my old job is done, I'll be working solely for the other attorney. In the meantime, I'm working early in the morning, on my lunch hour, after hours and on the weekends. In addition to all of that, I'm still getting my sewing projects done and getting my travel agency name out there. On that note, thank you so very much to a wonderful Dis friend, Terri, for booking your trip with me this weekend! It was worth staying up 'til almost midnight to get it done as you can now say that you are officially booked! For those of you who want to know more about my Etsy shop or the agency, you can find the links in my signature.

I'm going to try to get an update posted really quickly while I am waiting on some clients to get to the office. I'm not going to promise how long or detailed it will be but at least it's something.

Congrats on the job!!! No worries about your report or replies. Life and family take priority- this is just for fun, so no putting pressure on yourself.

:goodvibes

He snores louder than you do!

We left Disney's Blizzard Beach and took the walkway to Winter Summerland! We were putting our water parks & more tickets to good use again and going to Winter Summerland! This would be our second time playing mini-putt here and we decided to do the opposite side, Winter, this trip. And, that's where I'll have to admit that I screwed up when I gave this update it's title. You see, on the Summer side of the course, there's a Santa Claus sound asleep and he's snoring like crazy. On our previous visit, we laughed and told John that Santa snored lounder than he did which is saying something 'cause John snores like a freakin' freight train at times. When I realized that the next update would be about our game of mini-putt, I was thinking about that snoring Santa and thus the title. However, on the Winter side of the course, Santa ain't snoring. Oops! Oh well, the title is there and I'm sticking to it.
P5290478 (1024x768).jpg

As I said, we chose the Winter side and came upon this cute little igloo.

IMG_0471 (1024x768).jpg

P5290479 (1024x768).jpg

My two handsome golfers.

P5290480 (1024x768).jpg

P5290481 (1024x768).jpg

As with all things Disney, the theming was so well done! Unfortunately, none of us gave a good enough whack to get a hole in one so there were no snacks. :)

P5290482 (1024x768).jpg

P5290483 (1024x768).jpg

I don't want to get all political or anything but, right now, I'd probably give this bumper sticker two thumbs up.

P5290484 (1024x768).jpg

It was hot out! Like scorching hot so this shaded "campfire" was much appreciated!

P5290485 (1024x768).jpg

And if this had been real ice, I'd have laid down on it in a heartbeat!

P5290486 (1024x768).jpg

**Continued in next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter