Just got my SWGE reservation email

I just called in, no wait time...unfortunately because my reservation was made with a group (I'm attending a conference at Disneyland Hotel and got a special rate) they do not have group sales reservation names yet. The CM told me that they don't usually get the names from group sales until a month out ( I check in June 21st). She did however indicated that I was guaranteed a reservation she was just unable to provide what time that is at this point. I called the group sales number and they said the reservation numbers associated with group sales are unrelated to the reservation numbers on the Disneyland site and that they are separate entities so when you call they won't be able to find your name with the reservation you were provided from the group sales office. I basically have to cross my fingers that the reservation time given doesn't coincide with a time I am supposed to be at the conference and that if it is I can change it. I hate not knowing as I am a planner....but I'll just have to "let it go"...:)

I called in this morning (4/24) and had no wait either. If you want to change your reservation it seems like it's not a problem to call and not spend your day on hold.

I called with the intent of switching our 5/31 @ 8am time to a later one. Seemed like it was going to be absolutely bananas. The woman on the phone was wonderful and really encouraged me to keep that spot. She said it was the most "coveted" time because we will be the first group in the land without others filtering out. It'll be the most clear it can be, ever. She talked me into it. I kept my spot. She said they are getting calls all day long with people begging for that first in time reservation. It's clamped down. Even if someone cancels they can not fill it with a caller wanting to get it.

My other question was how are they going to get people OUT of the land when their designated reservation window closes (for example, ours is 8-noon). She said they have not released that information yet, they're still working it out. We will overlap with the 11am people filing IN, so it'll be interesting to see how they do this. I know that at After Hours events or Halloween and Christmas parties it's a wristband situation that gets checked only if someone is trying to get on a ride. Wristbands at Star Wars won't really mean a thing because everyone will have a wristband.

I called in this morning (4/24) and had no wait either. If you want to change your reservation it seems like it's not a problem to call and not spend your day on hold.

I called with the intent of switching our 5/31 @ 8am time to a later one. Seemed like it was going to be absolutely bananas. The woman on the phone was wonderful and really encouraged me to keep that spot. She said it was the most "coveted" time because we will be the first group in the land without others filtering out. It'll be the most clear it can be, ever. She talked me into it. I kept my spot. She said they are getting calls all day long with people begging for that first in time reservation. It's clamped down. Even if someone cancels they can not fill it with a caller wanting to get it.

My other question was how are they going to get people OUT of the land when their designated reservation window closes (for example, ours is 8-noon). She said they have not released that information yet, they're still working it out. We will overlap with the 11am people filing IN, so it'll be interesting to see how they do this. I know that at After Hours events or Halloween and Christmas parties it's a wristband situation that gets checked only if someone is trying to get on a ride. Wristbands at Star Wars won't really mean a thing because everyone will have a wristband.

Very nice, first group in! I have May 31st from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. I was close, oh so close.

Very nice, first group in! I have May 31st from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm. I was close, oh so close.

I have May 31, 11am-3pm as well. Our first hour and last hour will have people from other time slots. I'm wondering how that's going to work. It seems that the first time slot of the day and the last time slot of the day would be the best ones to have, since you'd only have one time slot overlap.

I just called in, no wait time...unfortunately because my reservation was made with a group (I'm attending a conference at Disneyland Hotel and got a special rate) they do not have group sales reservation names yet. The CM told me that they don't usually get the names from group sales until a month out ( I check in June 21st). She did however indicated that I was guaranteed a reservation she was just unable to provide what time that is at this point. I called the group sales number and they said the reservation numbers associated with group sales are unrelated to the reservation numbers on the Disneyland site and that they are separate entities so when you call they won't be able to find your name with the reservation you were provided from the group sales office. I basically have to cross my fingers that the reservation time given doesn't coincide with a time I am supposed to be at the conference and that if it is I can change it. I hate not knowing as I am a planner....but I'll just have to "let it go"...:)
Are you going to Powerschool University?

I’m not there on the first day, but I did get an 8 am time slot when I called to change the date as that’s what I’d had previously - just on the wrong day. When I voiced considering a later time he to encouraged me to stick with the earlier slot as we got to be the first in that day and it was the most requested reservation time. Not sure if they just don’t want us all moving around or if it really is coveted

I had considered moving our time spot - my kids are not early risers if left to their own devices - but also considered that we'd have basically 3 hours without overlap with another group. Plus, my cynical side is worried about the ride breaking down a lot, so hoping that it'll be more solid at the start of the day rather than at the end. No idea if that's rational, but there ya go. :rolleyes2

Not sure if they just don’t want us all moving around or if it really is coveted

I think it really is coveted. All of the rest of the groups overlap with the previous group. The 11-3 group overlaps with the morning group, and then the 2-6 group overlaps and so on. But if you arrive at 8:00 am, there is no group already in there, and you only have to share 25% of the time while every other group has to share 50% of their time. The morning group also gets to see the area when it's nice and clean in the morning, before the tables are all sticky and the bathrooms are all ripe.

I think you should only give up the morning group if there are medical reasons you cannot be there so early. Otherwise it's probably the best way to see SWGE.

We had the 8am reservation on the 7th, but we are a group of 11, six of those are 15/16 year old girls for my daughters Sweet Sixteen. The thought of getting the whole group up and checked out of the hotel and over to SWGE before 8 seemed impossible. I was able to call and get it moved to 11am, I feel the 8am will be the best for crowds, but it would not work for us.

Just wondering, is anyone else with an 8AM spot on May 31 going to try to hit the 7 AM Extra Magic Hour at California Adventure that AM? I hate being up and being right there and not at least getting a ride in at Radiator Springs in the Extra Magic time. Seems like you could be there right at 7, ride once and still be out to the massive throngs waiting to enter Disneyland before 8.

I think it really is coveted. All of the rest of the groups overlap with the previous group. The 11-3 group overlaps with the morning group, and then the 2-6 group overlaps and so on. But if you arrive at 8:00 am, there is no group already in there, and you only have to share 25% of the time while every other group has to share 50% of their time. The morning group also gets to see the area when it's nice and clean in the morning, before the tables are all sticky and the bathrooms are all ripe.

I think you should only give up the morning group if there are medical reasons you cannot be there so early. Otherwise it's probably the best way to see SWGE.

Here's my concern with the 8am timeslot: If it occurs on an early entry morning, then you will likely spend your entire early entry time waiting in line. For us, we will only be there for two EMH mornings for Disneyland, and since we usually get so much accomplished during that hour, would hate to give it up. If it is a non-EMH day, then I expect that those who have reservations will be queued in some way and probably let into the park early, since 8am opening is standard during the summer. The question is how early people will start lining up for the 8am SWGE reservation. The people who I know that are going plan to be there VERY early to be first in...not sure we're big enough fans to wake up before 5am! I'm sure that the queue will be close to the entrance of SWGE for the later time slots, and from my CM nephew they are planning queue entertainment (themed) starting at 10am every day for the first month, which sounds better than a pre-dawn rushing in with the crowd experience. So many decisions!

Just wondering, is anyone else with an 8AM spot on May 31 going to try to hit the 7 AM Extra Magic Hour at California Adventure that AM? I hate being up and being right there and not at least getting a ride in at Radiator Springs in the Extra Magic time. Seems like you could be there right at 7, ride once and still be out to the massive throngs waiting to enter Disneyland before 8.
I’m planning to be in line to enter Disneyland by 6:30 at the latest on the chance they open early as has happened in the past on grand opening mornings.

The word "coveted" is precisely the word to explain these 8am time slots. I've talked to 2 Disney staff that said their phones are blowing up with people trying to get that time.
As for EMH, I'm sure we'll be in line for Star Wars early, as we figure we might as well be all in and be one of the first in, on the first day since we were given that spot.
The other Disneyland stuff is always available relatively easier than what Star Was will be for a long time.

We will be in line at Disneyland park at 7 am. Not even going to try to do DCA first and the go back.

DH and I were discussing how early to be at the gates as our reservation is for 8am on June 3rd. We are speculating maybe they will have special gates open like for Breakfast reservations for Minnie's to expedite those with reservations especially those with the first time slot.

I plan to be awake by 3am and at security by 4am at the latest. This may change as reports come in from the first two days but I'm not risking being back in line. I want to use every moment available to me.

Wish it was an early day on my SWGE day - my parents only get in the previous night and I need to figure out how to get my dad’s DAS before my SWGE reservation. I’m more than a little nervous about it taking an hour and missing an hour of our reservation.

Question....what is there going to be to do in SWGE that is going to take 4 hours? I know the ride will have a long line, what else?
We have an 11 reservation.....I am traveling with my DGD who is 5. I doubt very much we will be in there for 4 hours.
I am anxious to just be in there and see it all and take pictures. She won't be as much. She might shop a little, but not sure what she will tolerate.

Question....what is there going to be to do in SWGE that is going to take 4 hours? I know the ride will have a long line, what else?
We have an 11 reservation.....I am traveling with my DGD who is 5. I doubt very much we will be in there for 4 hours.
I am anxious to just be in there and see it all and take pictures. She won't be as much. She might shop a little, but not sure what she will tolerate.

The food options will probably be a draw, blue milk etc. Also, the shopping, specifically building a light saber, will be a draw for quite a few people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter