Just found out about Pop Warner week

GatorChris

Not of This World
They'll be at Cabana Bay Dec 4-11. We show up on the night of the 10th. Now I'm a tad worried about that Sunday, the 11th. I was thinking maybe a the busy day of our 3.5 days at Universal. Now it's looking like it'll be a zoo between Pop Warner and Cheer Comps, added to the night before of the Orlando Informer meet.

I'm trying to figure out when the last game is played. But I guess it won't matter much. Most people will probably book flights after the 11th just in case their team makes it all the way.

Thoughts?

Your resort will be very busy, period, it’s a popular time of year. It’s usually dead after Thanksgiving weekend & picks up that first full weekend, with a lull the week before the actual Xmas holiday week. We leave Friday for our annual holiday trip. Believe, the crowd trend will change this year. expect it be very active due to both ‘revenge travel’ still in force & International travel re-opened (welcome home).

have been @ WDW multiple times when Pop Warner had their competitions. Talked to many different parents over the years, generally while they were lounging (kid-free) poolside. The participants are kept very busy; in practice most of the day & had organized time to do any school work. Naturally, they do visit the parks on days not scheduled.

JMHO, it not necessarily the extra bodies increasing the crowds for these events, it’s the size of the groups that cluster together & can bottleneck/jam things up...i.e., the Brazilian tour groups that were very common in the past. general rule of thumb, if you see a tour group, zig the other way

My kids & GD have all participated in competitions in Orlando, not making any sort of judgement here, however…one of the tipping reasons we bought into DVC was to avoid the various loosely supervised youth groups roaming the values & moderates to a lesser degree. Of them all, Pop Warner seemed to be more heavily supervised/parental attendance IMO. Cheer/twirl/dance completions were a different story all together, as participants would spread into whatever common spaces of resort they could find, practicing, loudly.

Have a great trip!

I also think it’s going to be really crowded especially on the weekends with or w/o Pop Warner.
I wouldn’t worry about it. Just plan your dining at the hotel around the really popular times.

Whew! We found the sweet spot between Thanksgiving and Pop Warner, leaving on the 3rd

Ughh...we're arriving on Dec 2nd for a quick 4 day mother-son trip. Thought this weekend would be really quiet. And of course we're staying at the Dockside. Well, my 14 year old son might be happy with a million cheerleaders running around.

Ughh...we're arriving on Dec 2nd for a quick 4 day mother-son trip. Thought this weekend would be really quiet. And of course we're staying at the Dockside. Well, my 14 year old son might be happy with a million cheerleaders running around.

He'll be happy for sure! Ya know...I really don't think there are any more "quiet" periods these days. Those crowd calendars are so dated - with so many diff school schedules, a ton more folks homeschooling plus international borders just opening, it's crowds 24/7/265 right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter