Just curious-ECV in room or hallway?

I found there was plenty of room to park the scooter in our rooms at CBR and our suite at AoA. The DVC studios, on the other hand, are really cramped and there is rarely anywhere to put it. When we went to the mock-up GFV studio when signing up for DVC, the first thing I said to the rep on looking around was, "Where on earth would I put the scooter?"

For our trip last August we stayed at studios at BLT and Jambo. At BLT there was just enough room in the mini corridor in front of the connecting door to park it, but at Jambo the whole place was so small I went in first with OH holding the door, he would then shut the door and squeeze past me and I'd then reverse back so I was nearly touching the door with the rear of the scooter. It was the only place to keep it in such small places - and there were at least power outlets nearby so I could charge overnight. The corridors at both resorts are very wide but I still wouldn't want the scooter out of my sight. Besides, I keep a backpack hanging off the seat back and often keep my handbag in the front basket, so this way I don't have to re-pack everything every day.

For this coming year we're staying at OKW for 8 nights in a 1-bed - and I've already lodged my preference for building 64 which has a lift (elevator). I was on the second floor there in November 2015 and the scooter rolled straight in without any noticeble 'lip' on the bottom of the door. We're then transferring to either a 1-bed at GFV or, if we can get it, a 1-bed at BLT. Again, there's plenty of room in the 1-bed villas and I just park against a wall with a convenient socket for charging.

Based on our experience, you'll be fine in the 1 BR at OKW. And I do appreciate hearing your comments about studios and ECVs. My first ECV stay was in a studio at BCV and it was so hard to find how to get the ECV near the door, but not blocking it, in case of fire. At OKW, the entryway is nice and wide, so we didn't have any trouble parking it and feeling as if it were out of the way. We weren't in building 64 (48 on the first floor) and we had an outlet right outside our door, as if they expected an ECV there. Thus, my question. But in a 1 BR at OKW, MUCH more room than in a studio.

Based on our experience, you'll be fine in the 1 BR at OKW. And I do appreciate hearing your comments about studios and ECVs. My first ECV stay was in a studio at BCV and it was so hard to find how to get the ECV near the door, but not blocking it, in case of fire. At OKW, the entryway is nice and wide, so we didn't have any trouble parking it and feeling as if it were out of the way. We weren't in building 64 (48 on the first floor) and we had an outlet right outside our door, as if they expected an ECV there. Thus, my question. But in a 1 BR at OKW, MUCH more room than in a studio.

I didn't say, but DD and I had a one-bedroom at OKW in November 2015. I parked the scooter sort of in front of the interconnecting door. There was indeed loads of space. I'm quite tempted to ask for a top floor villa this time as we were in the middle last time and halfway through a herd of elephants moved in upstairs and the kids just ran up and down on the wooden floor half the time they were there. I didn't say anything because obviously it was their holiday too, but I don't want to have to listen to that again.

I can understand-we had a similar experience-and the plug's right outside, undercover. However, one night we had rain with strong winds. That's when I decided "Thank goodness for the ability to bring the ECV indoors."

I certainly understand rooms can be tight when you have a big piece of equipment in it, however if you are bringing it with you, it should be in your room and not outside. I can't tell you how many times, especially at Animal Kingdom Jambo House I can't get my daughter special needs chair down the hallway because of all the ecv's lining the darn hallways or the person with the ecv that is parked basically in front of my door. So incredibly frustrating :( Please folks bring them in your room. My daughter's chair is also a big piece of equipment but it is always kept in the room as out of the way as possible. It's just something that I know to expect as it's a needed item.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!