Just Bought in at Polynesian

Jack Kerouac

DIS Veteran
My wife and I just had an offer accepted on a Polynesian contract for 220 @ $149 per point. I keep seeing posts about the Polynesian having no ROFR’s from Disney. But from what I can tell, $149 seems like a good deal. One resale calculator said the points are worth around $168. Is there any possibility it gets bought by Disney?

We just went for our first time as a family (3 boys, ages 7, 5, and 2) in April. Stayed at OKW. The resort was great but we but realized we want the monorail and we want to make Disney an annual vacation. So we focused on Poly after seeing some videos and knowing it’s on the monorail. We are afraid it will be bought. For what it’s worth, I grew up going to Disney a couple of times a year. So I’m new to DVC but not to Disney.

Congrats. Poly is awesome! You’re sure to get alot of enjoyment with 3 young boys. Just be aware DVC can become an affliction. Like 5 years from now you turn around and BAM!!! You own at 3 different resorts :cutie:
Oh, the add-on-titis is already hitting us. My parents told us to look for small contracts to buy, and so we are looking at a lot resale websites. As of Friday, my wife wanted to wait until we traveled next year before looking to buy a DVC. I’m the saver in our marriage and I saw $149 as a safe entry point if Disney doesn’t ROFR the contract.

Unlikely it will get taken, but if it does, there are more. Poly isn't hard to get at 7 months, or even on the waitlist.

I think you got a great price! I paid $140/pt in the height of the lockdown, so to get $149 two years later given the shift in prices, I think is pretty good. Hopefully you'll get news quickly of the ROFR decision.

Great price. I think you will be good. Of course everyone is trying to judge them not taking back Poly contracts of indicators of the new association.
I really don’t get why they aren’t taking Poly if the tower will be a new association. It almost make me want to start lowballing Poly contracts in case they announce it will be the same association.

Congrats OP! That is a great price. Poly is a lovely resort.

Poly is our home and we absolutely love it there. Congrats ! You will be fine with ROFR. I think they have only ever taken back a handful of PVB contracts and that was at least a year or more ago.

Congrats. Poly is awesome! You’re sure to get alot of enjoyment with 3 young boys. Just be aware DVC can become an affliction. Like 5 years from now you turn around and BAM!!! You own at 3 different resorts :cutie:
or two yrs from now....:P

I really don’t get why they aren’t taking Poly if the tower will be a new association. It almost make me want to start lowballing Poly contracts in case they announce it will be the same association.

Congrats OP! That is a great price. Poly is a lovely resort.

Its way too early to read anything into taking or pass Poly..If it’s a new association, why would they want more points at PvB to sell since they will have so many new ones for the tower.

On the flip side, if it’s the same association, why would they want more points to sell when they will have plenty of points for the tower.

Basically, I think you can make a case for either. If i had to chose, I think them not taking leans to the new as they don’t care what happens to the price since those points won’t be good for the tower anyway.

Basically, I think you can make a case for either. If i had to chose, I think them not taking leans to the new as they don’t care what happens to the price since those points won’t be good for the tower anyway.

That makes zero sense, what resort (other than Aulani) do they not care about the price? And Aulani is only because it's in active sales.
No, my guess is it's because they're actively selling a comparable resort RIGHT NEXT DOOR. So, if a new buyer comes in and thinks they want Poly, they could be persuaded to take VGF with a way better deal.

All the Poly studios sleep 5 correct? Do any of them have 2 queens and a pullout?

That makes zero sense, what resort (other than Aulani) do they not care about the price? And Aulani is only because it's in active sales.
No, my guess is it's because they're actively selling a comparable resort RIGHT NEXT DOOR. So, if a new buyer comes in and thinks they want Poly, they could be persuaded to take VGF with a way better deal.

It does make sense. Why would they need PVB points in inventory regardless of which association it is,

No matter what, they have millions of points to sell with the new tower.

Someone wanting to stay at PVB gets that option buying direct.

And why I don’t think the move they make with PVB and ROfR means anything, at least not now.

I also don’t believe that keeping resale prices up is a goal of DVD. It just happens when they other reasons they have for doing it cause that to happen.

Just recently. SSR contracts are getting through at a lower level so if that continues, then obviously it staying where it’s been is not a concern for them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter