Just back, WOW!

treehugger

Níl gach uile fhánaí caillte
This was our first stay at WDW over the Holiday Season and OMG, did we have a blast! We did everything; saw everything that was Holiday related. We stayed at the Swan and as usual we had a wonderful stay, attentive staff, clean room and great location. I can't believe we crammed so much into 4 days. We did MVMCP, Osborne Lights, Candlelight Processional and toured all of the deluxe resorts. Here are my opinions on the resort decorations:

Biggest Surprise: The Dolphin tree and lobby blew me away. It was absolutely jaw dropping! So beautiful and bright, and the lovely music created a very festive atmosphere. DH and I would get a hot chocolate from Tubbies and just sit and enjoy the splendor. It was just so Christmas!

Biggest Disappointment: The lobby of the GF. The tree was big but it just didn't do much for me. There was a guy playing the piano but he was not doing Holiday music, for Pete's sake even I can bang out Jingle Bells. Maybe if I caught the bell ringers or carolers there it would have been nicer.

Notable Mention: The lobby and tree at WL. This was my second favorite, next to the Dolphin. Very lovely but all the commotion from Whispering Canyon took away from the beauty.

I also thought the BWI, YC & BC were pretty if not redundant.

We will be making this a yearly tradition from now on!

I agree about the GF. I was disappointed in their tree. I have seen the poinsettia tree they used to do and the one this year was a let down to me.

We arrive on Christmas Day and will make a point of visiting the tree in the Dolphin lobby. There is nothing like WDW to capture the holiday spirit! :wizard:

I agree with the GF Christmas tree assesment. Pretty boring. I was very dissapointed to see the gold lights again this year. They had them last year also. It really is quite beautiful when it is done with the white lights. And even more beautiful when it was made of poinsettias.

Nice to hear about the decorations at the Dolphin. I haven't heard much about the deocrations over there. They sound very nice.

What did the tree at the GF look like? Last time I saw it at Christmas it had huge Victorian mirrors hung on it. Very Victorian looking. Do they still have the life sized Ginger Bread House in the lobby, and the train on the 2nd level? I had always been impressed with the GF lobby and tree.

I have to agree, it does seem that the pianist would have been playing something more in tune with the holiday season.

I also have to agree with the assessment of the WL lobby. Love the tree and other decorations, but it is too darn loud!

Did you get a chance to check out the lobby of the Beach Club. Always love the Antique Carousel they put up at Christmas.

I think last time I was at the Boardwalk at Christmas they had a Poinsetta tree. Quite impressive!

Wish I could get over there to see everything all dressed up for the season. Maybe after Christmas... there is just too much to do beforehand! :teleport:

eeoyre0062,
The tree in the GF was very Victorian. The things I remembered most were huge birdcages and silk floral pieces. I have to agree with Muushka that the gold lights seemed to take away from the tree (my mom always decorated our tree in the Victorian style and used white lights, so maybe I am partial to them) Also, the lights on the GF tree seemed to be very sparse, which did seem to tone down the tree, but perhaps that is the look their designer was going for? It just seemed very forced to me and lacked the "wow" factor, if that makes any sense. Yes, the gingerbread house is there and it was cute. The BC, YC and BWI were all beautiful. After a while though I couldn't remember which one had which sugar sculpture (darn Disney sleep deprivation!) I took many pictures, thank goodness, I will try to post them tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter