Just back - room check info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this whole situation kind of irks me. I'm looking to surprise my fiance with in room celebrations on random days from the Dis. Floral and Gift. I called and said that they will not enter the room if the occupied room sign is up. Basically I think by purchasing these items for "in room" celebrations, it's implied that I am giving them permission to enter the room. But they will now enter the room anytime that they want to, kind of backwards thinking.

We always keep the DND up on any room that we get, she just doesn't like housekeeping touching anything after she cleans the room once we arrive. She just has seen way to many videos of housekeeping cleaning the toilets and then cleaning the rest of the room with the same gloves on, that's pretty gross.

I don't think everyone has included the resort they were staying at in their reports, but I think it would be interesting if there was some sort of correlation between resort and interruption. For instance, are people in moderate or deluxe resorts having a better experience than those in values? Or perhaps those staying in smaller resorts having a better experience than those in larger resorts? These are just some thoughts running through my head.

My experiences are at AoA (most recent) CR, BWI and POFQ (January) so runs the gamut of all levels.

Stayed at Coronado dec 30-jan 2-no issues with checks, although I think policy was new. Slept late everyday, Not out of room before 11, back very late. Didn't decline housekeeping, no issues.
Stayed at Doubletree in DS Jan2-4, DH accidentally left the DND sign up all day one day (he worked from room one morning and forgot to take it down when he went out to meet us)-no service that day. I was actually kind of ticked at him as my coffee didn't get refilled!

Stayed All Star Sports 3/19-3/23. Didn't decline housekeeping. Out of room by 8ish am, sometimes later (our plan of RD never did work lol). Came back twice for afternoon nap/shower around 3ish-6 or so. Room was already serviced, no disturbances. The second day maintenance had clearly been in as well as the pump wall mounted containers for shampoo had been installed while we were out-that was the day I didn't hide my ipad and was on floor by bed plugged into wall. Undisturbed when we returned.

Maybe I am too trusting but I don't have issues with housekeeping when I stay at hotels. There is records of who is in the rooms. Does anyone seriously think hard working people are willing to risk jobs/jail over the baubles people bring on vacation?

she just doesn't like housekeeping touching anything after she cleans the room once we arrive.
You absolutely are able to decline housekeeping. Check at the Front Desk when you arrive. You may even get a per-night e-gift card depending on the resort.

What you can't decline is the brief daily room check.

Maybe I am too trusting but I don't have issues with housekeeping when I stay at hotels. There is records of who is in the rooms. Does anyone seriously think hard working people are willing to risk jobs/jail over the baubles people bring on vacation?
Nope. I'm right there with you. Housekeeping doesn't want to risk their jobs rifling through my stuff. Years staying in hotels, never locked things up. I keep things laying in my suitcase but it's not locked. It's just neat.

I remember when the economy really tanked a few years back there was a spate of things coming up missing from rooms--jewelry, eye glasses, meds. So no, I don't thing all housekeepers are above stealing. But anything I have of value goes into the safe, and that includes my meds. Even though what I have is not all that thrilling.

Reactions: Iya
Nope. I'm right there with you. Housekeeping doesn't want to risk their jobs rifling through my stuff. Years staying in hotels, never locked things up. I keep things laying in my suitcase but it's not locked. It's just neat.
Yes ! I have things stolen from AKL twice ... jewelry and medication .

My DS left his iPad out last week. I left the room before he did so I wasn’t there to make sure he put it away. It was still there when we got back to our clean room.

So hard to fathom a housekeeper losing their job over a $5 necklace. Or even a $50 necklace. They've have to steal a whole lot to replace a job, and never get another after jail.

Well it was solid gold engraved sheriff star .. the only thing that could be done is melted down really .. the pills were bottles of narcotics which Is not shocking they were stolen , given their pay is not exactly great I’m sure they can get a job anywhere in a town of 1000,00s of hotels .

So hard to fathom a housekeeper losing their job over a $5 necklace. Or even a $50 necklace. They've have to steal a whole lot to replace a job, and never get another after jail.
I take my laptop every trip and leave it in the nightstand drawer or suitcase every day. We have left change and dollar bills laying around (accidentally) and have never had even a quarter taken. I'm not saying it hasn't happened, but I do think it is unlikely most of the time.

On the other hand, our home did get broken into while we were at Disney one year and we lost all our electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter