Just Back! RD, RD, RD.....

We were at disney over thanksgiving this past year, and we found RD to be key as well. Crowds were very managable at rope drop, and we got soooo much more done early. We enjoyed being in the parks inthe afternoon b/c getting the "big stuff" out of the way. We are early risers anyway so it wasn't a problem for us getting up. We were also at the bus stop by 7:30-7:45, and never more than about 20 people ahead of us at the trunstiles. Getting into the park early via a breakfast, or in our case the BBB is very helpful as well. We had an 8:05 BBB appointment. There was no wait, and we were done by 8:30. WE were in the first group to ride dumbo at RD b/c we were on the back side of the castle and were right there. It was great. We got all of fantasy land done in like and hour with no wait.

ETA: I think the reason we are ealy risers is that the whole family has to be up at 5:00 am in order to get to school/ work on time.

I think being there at rope drop not only enables you to get more accomplished in a shorter amount of time; it also does wonders for your state of mind. You feel accomplished and energized after you get those first couple of attractions done. When things DO start grinding to a halt later on, you're not so frustrated because you have so much under your belt by that point.
ITA! I almost always make it to rope drop every morning of my trips, and in the afternoons I just use Fast Passes, see shows, and other less popular attractions that don't have waits, instead of worrying about the headliners, which I already did hours ago.

We were there 8/7-8/15. Getting there at opening makes all the difference-at DHS we rode TSM as soon as we arrived, got a fast pass (there was a small line) and then rode again, all within the first hour. I hate the mad rush to the ride-be careful with your little ones, people are crazed. If you walk you can still ride with the wait only taking as long as it takes to walk the distance to the beginning of the ride!

We were there 8/7-8/15. Getting there at opening makes all the difference-at DHS we rode TSM as soon as we arrived, got a fast pass (there was a small line) and then rode again, all within the first hour. I hate the mad rush to the ride-be careful with your little ones, people are crazed. If you walk you can still ride with the wait only taking as long as it takes to walk the distance to the beginning of the ride!
I hate that rush too, and I don't even have kids! I was at the turnstiles first to go in, and was at the front for rope drop, but people were pushing and shoving, and someone even stepped on my foot, and my shoe came off. Granted he did apologize, but people are crazy at ropedrop, and it seems the worst at DHS. It was never like that before when it was just ToT and RNRC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter