Just back....had a great time....and upgraded too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by FredS
Get over it. A couple of you come across as obsessed with ensuring that no one gets more than you. I kept thinking surely not, but it does seem that jealousy IS the problem here. People got an upgrade, they got a discount on a future cruise -- go them. To keep on and keep on and on with "arggh" and yes, spewing ugliness (I'm not going to cut and paste again, I think the hateful adjectives speak for themselves) seems to be a case of very sour grapes.

This is NOT a "someone got more than me" issue. This is a "wow, you have a lot of nerve asking for that and it disgusts me" issue. See the difference? Many people have been posting that they have gotten upgrades and NO ONE has said ANYTHING to them that can be interpreted as negative. If we were all as "jealous" as you seem to think we are then why don't we show our jealousy on other threads? Could it be because the people who are getting the upgrades are (with this notable exception) grateful and do not feel that they are ENTITLED to it because they feel that they are better customers than the rest of us? Could it be because no one else posted saying that on top of a 6 category upgrade they want a refund when they cancelled outside of the refund deadline? Could it be because of the unmitigated GALL of such a request? Nah, it must be "sour grapes." That makes MUCH more sense. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure where all of this nonsense about the cancelled cruise came from, but one has nothing to do with the other. People were inconvenienced and they were COMPENSATED by a full refund and 50% off a future cruise. DCL is not required to kiss your collective behinds for the rest of your lives because of it. Once again, no I'm not jealous, no I don't begrudge those displaced cruisers what they got from Disney. I think it was a really fair solution to a really tough problem and Disney has met its obligation to you all. What does that have to do with this particular situation?

Originally posted by FredS
Missed your point -- since you have been a member of DVC longer YOU should get something first perhaps?? And I guess I missed where Barb stated what you have just said. I took her comment that after having invested a significant sum in Disney that she "needed" to feel some reassurance, not be cancelled and inconvenienced without any efforts by Disney to compensate her. Calling someone silly for something that they haven't said??

Get over it. A couple of you come across as obsessed with ensuring that no one gets more than you. I kept thinking surely not, but it does seem that jealousy IS the problem here. People got an upgrade, they got a discount on a future cruise -- go them. To keep on and keep on and on with "arggh" and yes, spewing ugliness (I'm not going to cut and paste again, I think the hateful adjectives speak for themselves) seems to be a case of very sour grapes.

Yes, I'd love an upgrade or discount. Don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon. However, I don't begrudge someone else who does get one, whether it is totally unexpected or perhaps intended as a good will gesture by Disney to compensate a customer.

Well Fred I don't know how in the world you could possibly think I am a person who begrudges others when I personally have tried to help others. And NO I am not jelous or envious of anyone that is granted an upgrade, often I am THRILLED for the person. The arggh goes back to hearing a years worth of complaining...anyhow I know what type of person I am, I try very hard to not be hateful!

Originally posted by imgoingtodisney
DCL has certainly had a bad taste in my mouth since last Nov's disaster. Still waiting to get onboard the ship. As I countdown this time I still have the nagging doubt in my mind that DCL will once again cancel.
Hopefully they can prove that becoming a DVC member 12/01 was worth it. Hoping to get "home" for the 1st time 10/04 if all goes well with the 11/8 cruise. Definately taking the "long way home" but determined to first have my chicken breast in paradise.

Are you in the SAME DVC as the rest of us. The cruise and DVC are SEPERATE entities.

I promise, I have learned my lesson. I guess this thread could make it's way to the debate board, but it is not there just yet. I am actually sorry that I bothered to post this thread for a couple of reasons....First, I think that it has brought out some ugliness in some people, and that is really not the Disney way. I realize that all of us are very good Disney customers, and by posting on the board sometimes the opinions are very different. I am sorry the Lisa F, AnnMorin(who unfortunately a lot of us has history with in regards to many previous posts for the past year) and Buzz & Woodysmom feel that I have a lot of gall for what they perceive to be asking for things I am not entitled to. Everyone has an opinion.....mine is no more important or valuable than anyone else...but presentation sometimes requires some tact sometimes. And I am going to show that tact....I hope....with the following.....while on the ship I had the oportunity to rework my two booked cruises....Disney is now offering 10 % off and a $200.00 onboard credit for booking your next cruise on the ship. I sat down with the sales rep. from DCL and discussed my 2 upcoming cruises....so she pulled up my reservations and reworked the two cruises....I saved $145.00 on each cruise and also got a $200.00 onboard credit for the November cruise. I asked, and she accomodated me. If I don't ask, I feel I am foolish spending more money than I have to. We usually spend the money we save either on the ship or in Disney World, so they eventually get it back. And another good thing that came out of reworking the ressies is I got a GTY cabin, which means I am guaranteed a category 11. The cruise sales rep. told me that when this is given out you get at least a 2 category upgrade. But I promise you this, whatever I get, if anything I will not post it anywhere near here. Like it was said, when you post on a public forum you get what you deserve.....And as a DVC member, and it has only been since May I don't expect anything special except a clean room and Disney courtesy, which I always get. I guess it is now time for the moderator to close the thread, and I thank all those with good wishes and those who felt they wanted to defend me...I thank you.....and LisaF,AnnMorin and Buzz and Woodysmom I also thank you.....I was actually entertained reading the last five or six posts from you.....you brighten my day....and if the thread is closed....you will have to look around for another place to spread some of your unhappy venom...and I hope that you never lose a vacation to a decision by DCL or by a tragedy or sickness in your family....but I would imagine you three probably take the vacation protection....I am sure in life you do everything right....probably don't have to use pencils with erasers since you three never make a mistake. Do I sound bitter, no, I am not. I am finishing this post with a smile on my face, so if it is not closed by the moderator it will give the 3 more time to spread there "happiness"...the Magic of Disney lives.....

I figure by the time this cruise is over we may have broken even.
Our plans were to use our pts for the 1st time on the cruise last yr and go "home" for the 1st time this Oct. Now we need to push off our 1st visit "home" to next yr. Yes it is taking us 3yrs to get "home" for the 1st time. The inconvenience of DCL cancelling not only affected last yr but the current yr and next yr too. It had a snowball effect. For 1st time DVC owners this was not a good thing.
Hopefully this Nov cruise will start me believing that buying into DVC was a good thing. I need to believe in Disney again. Its time to see the "Magic"

First off, you aren't "going home" since you chose use your points somewhere other then your home resort. If you don't break even it's YOUR choice and your fault.

Again, please tell me the corellation between DVC and DCL. Will it be Disney's fault if there is bad weather? **** happens. Sometimes there is a responsible party and sometimes it's no ones fault. MOVE ON!

Sorry Ann but we "paid" for our upgrade with our points. It was not given to us.
This time last yr the Norwalk wasnt yet around. It started getting bad in Nov. Im sure the wks before our cruise this yr I will be checking to make sure there is no talk of Norwalk. As of now its too early.
And no I dont expect to be treated better than others who arent DVC members. Alot of them were getting extra treatment while at Disney that DVC members didnt.
I didnt start this thread but do feel like others are finally speaking up.

Why are you blaming everyone but you for making the choices you made? You chose to spend points at POR. Couldn't you have gone back to Central Mass and not "wasted" those points.

These boards are about learning right????? Thanks to this thread I just called DCl and added insurance to my cruise. Thanks LOL Let's all take a deep breath and read read read.

Originally posted by TChrist05
. I realize that all of us are very good Disney customers, and by posting on the board sometimes the opinions are very different. I am sorry the Lisa F, AnnMorin(who unfortunately a lot of us has history with in the past year)

Well I think you finally did it TChrist............... For the people who found me unfortunate to deal with in the past year... Funny they happily accepted my disney dollars I sent etc....... I will not be on these boards anymore! All I have ever tried to do was speak the truth!

Originally posted by buzz&woody'smom
Also you may not have been around for the fallout after the cancelled 11/30 cruise but it went on and on and on and on and on and on.......................

and on and on and on....

"and I hope that you never lose a vacation to a decision by DCL or by a tragedy or sickness in your family....but I would imagine you three probably take the vacation protection....I am sure in life you do everything right....probably don't have to use pencils with erasers since you three never make a mistake. Do I sound bitter, no, I am not".

Oh by the way Tom. I did not spread meaness I only called it like you wrote it. You did not have a vacation cancelled bc of a tragedy or illness you posted your Daughter chose NOT to go because of a new job not a tragedy or and emergency!

Have we responded to anyone else like this........no just you and by the way I have a lot cancelled in the last 27 months. I had a aneurysm while 36 weeks pregnant, coded and they brought me back so maybe that is why I am so hard on you. Life and death Tom that is what matters not whining about your daughter fare because she chose not to go. I would suggest getting her to pay you back instead of hitting DCL up for more compensation.

I don't always sharpen my pencils and don't dot my i's and cross my t's but I know the value of life and what is a choice and what is not. You lost your daughter's fare because of her decision not DCL's.

Glad you enjoyed our thread but too bad you still don't get it.

Buzz and Woodysmom.....never did whine.....glad you got through your personal problems with the health issue....be as hard on me as you like....but if I had those medical issues I would not waste my precious time responding on and on about my origional post....and follow ups....but the bottom line is I never "whined".........
Best of health to you......

Originally posted by TChrist05
I am sure in life you do everything right....probably don't have to use pencils with erasers since you three never make a mistake.

I don't do everything right, but I also don't go around and expect the world to compensate me for my screwups. If you don't understand the difference between trying to get a better price on a cruise or getting a complimentary upgrade (both within the rules) vs. feeling like DCL should break the rules for you because you are such a wonderful customer... not because of some tragedy or emergency but merely because you think that you somehow "deserve" to not have to follow the rules that everyone else has to follow, then I guess I have nothing left to say.

I use my precious time how I chose and I do consider what you have written whining or at least that is what I would tell my 2 and 5 year old sons.........best of luck and hope you get everything you write away for.

I use my time to read, research my trips and to plan like all of you and most importantly to take a break from the "personal health issues" I have. I kept responding because the issue was still alive

As for Ann, she is a very good and honest person who has stepped up to the plate a number of times to help others. She calls it like she sees it and I have to give her credit for that and much more.;)

No problem Lisa....hard to believe that you have nothing left to say.....and Buzz and Woodysmom.....take care of your two great kids....and ofcourse, stay healthy.

Tom,

Did you ever see my question about why you felt your May cruise didn't live up to what you had planned for last year. I can understand how you might have missed it with all the posts, but I'm still curious.

This is abit OT, but then the thread has drifted......

I think perhaps it would help to just have disapointment validated. Instead of saying "lucky you, half off your next cruise and a full refund, stop your complaining about your cancelled cruise" , validate that a week a vacation would have been wasted and airfare was not refunded ect. I agree that Disney's hands were full with that virus and news last Nov. and were trying to balance everything. I still feel sorry for the cancelled cruisers. I read the trip reports of many who quickly put the pieces together last Nov. and it seemed to me their vacations were not quite up to expectations.

I'm glad it wasn't me. Hope it doesn't happen again.

I am also one of the displaced 11/30/02 cruisers. I have no bad feelings toward DCL, DVC (we're members too) or the DIsney Co. They made a decision that they felt was best for everyone. They fairly compensated us. We have, IMO, absolutely no reason to whine, complain or dwell on the fact that plans changed. In fact, DVC bent over backwards helping us to get a WDW resort reservation at the last minute. I will forever be grateful to them for that. Sure...it was a tremendous amount of points compared to what I would have spent at a DVC resort, but it was my choice to spend them that way. Sure...it wasn't what we had been planning for, but by making the best of it it was a fantastic trip. Sure...my kids were sad, but they got over it. Sure...I could have gotten upset, but I didn't. Where would that have gotten me? Absolutely nowhere.

We had the time of our lives at WDW last year and will have the time of our lives in three weeks on the Magic. Life often does not go as planned but you just have to roll with the punches. Dwelling on the negative only breeds more negativity. A cancelled cruise is not a life-altering tragedy. Sometimes you just have to take lemons and make lemonade.

Originally posted by Michelemouse
I am also one of the displaced 11/30/02 cruisers. I have no bad feelings toward DCL, DVC (we're members too) or the DIsney Co. They made a decision that they felt was best for everyone. They fairly compensated us. We have, IMO, absolutely no reason to whine, complain or dwell on the fact that plans changed. In fact, DVC bent over backwards helping us to get a WDW resort reservation at the last minute. I will forever be grateful to them for that. Sure...it was a tremendous amount of points compared to what I would have spent at a DVC resort, but it was my choice to spend them that way. Sure...it wasn't what we had been planning for, but by making the best of it it was a fantastic trip. Sure...my kids were sad, but they got over it. Sure...I could have gotten upset, but I didn't. Where would that have gotten me? Absolutely nowhere.

We had the time of our lives at WDW last year and will have the time of our lives in three weeks on the Magic. Life often does not go as planned but you just have to roll with the punches. Dwelling on the negative only breeds more negativity. A cancelled cruise is not a life-altering tragedy. Sometimes you just have to take lemons and make lemonade.

Thank you Michele! I think the way you approached all that happened in a very positive way. I'm sure you will have a fantastic time on your cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter