Just Back from BCV

DemoBri1

Surfin' at the Beach Club Villas
Hi All...Just returned back from a 9 night stay at BCV and SSR.

This was our first stay at SSR and I was quite surprised with how spread out the resort was. We only stayed at SSR for one night as we had added on a night to our original plans because we were able to obtain a $60 per seat savings on our flight. For 6 people that was a good chunk of change. We had a first floor studio in the Paddock section that was looking out onto a nice lake view. It was extremely quiet and relaxing at SSR, and I only wished it had been warm enough to swim as we were located right by the Paddock's pool. I was a bit skeptical about staying at SSR with some of the mixed reviews that I have seen in the past, but I think I would definitely give it another go. The staff there was very enthusiastic and eager to help in any way possible.

Our other 8 nights were in a 2 BR dedicated at BCV. I have to say that it really is high time that DVC start thinking about taking some rooms offline and renovating them. I realize that this is one of the most popular properties and gets quite a bit of turnover due to it's small size in nature to the rest of the on site properties, but that should also be a hint to DVC that they need to monitor room conditions more closely. For instance the door to the 2nd bedroom was falling off its hinges, the 2nd bathroom door was missing a lock, and either the ac or thermostat was not functioning in the 2nd bedroom, so it was much warmer in there than the rest of the villa. We also arrived to find a thick layer of junk in between the cushions of the kitchen table bench. It looked as though this had not been cleaned in quite some time. The couch had quite a bit of stains, and the cushions were so worn out that you sank into the couch frame when you sat in it. The refrigerator also looked like it had been through WWIII, but at least it functioned properly.

With that being said there were some positives as well. It was extremely quiet at BCV. We had people on both sides of us and really didn't hear much activity between rooms except towards the end of our stay when a family with three little girls checked in. Even then the noise was not that great. I was pleasantly surprised with the selection of counter-service items available at the Marketplace. The roast beef and turkey sandwiches were very good in a pinch as was the breakfast plate which included scrambled eggs, bacon, and a cheesy hash brown potato concoction. As always the location of BCV to Epcot and DHS is a huge plus for us as we like both parks, and the dining selections can't be beat between the YC, BC, BWI, and Swan/Dolphin complexes. Also, you can't argue that we have access to the best pool on property and it wasn't all that crowded to boot. Even the staff seemed to be a bit more cordial on this visit. We have had very mixed reviews with the BC staff in the past.

All in all we had another pleasant visit to WDW.

Thanks for the TR. We stayed at BCV last year and didn't have any problems. Loved the walk to Epcot & Hollywood Studios.

Thanks for the report! Is there a floor or section to request?

I'm going to try for a studio in July when my 7 month window opens. We always walk through the resort when we visit but have yet to stay there.

I hope they remodel before too long (at BCVs) or at least the rooms they need to. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter