Just back from 10 nights YC CL!

Mousemommy1

DIS Veteran
Hello Everyone! :goodvibes

My family just got back from another fantastic Disney vacation last night! I wanted to do a quick trip report before our hectic lives kick back into full gear!

So, we did 10 nights/11 days. We booked a standard view CL room at YC. I had wanted garden view, but those were sold out. My travel party was myself, DH, DD8 and DD6.

We arrived later than we had anticipated due to airline delays. So, we didn't get to the YC (via Magical Express) until about 11:30 pm :(

Our stops on the way were at AoA, POP, CBR, and then YC....I think at that time of night, they just put whoever arrives all on the same bus....

Because we arrived so late, we checked in at the front desk...we had done on line check in anyway though. The front desk CM got our package and told us where our room was....he also said "One More Thing....". He came from around the desk with a bunch of balloons and had informed us that we had been chosen as YC Family of the Day!!! :cool1:

The whole scene was kind of comical because apparently they make a big to-do about Family of the Day in the lobby, but there was no one around because of the late hour so it was more like :rolleyes1

Well, we went up to our room and realized that we had been upgraded to a Lagoon/Pool view!!!! :cool1: That was pretty exciting! In my 7 trips as an adult with my DH, we have never been upgraded, so I sort of didn't believe it actually happened...:rotfl2:

We found this waiting for us in the room.

d3a70ace9112601bbc999823cac38228_zps99a7d07e.jpg
828734c115eaa8bb6937740553db6d72_zps82bfd0bd.jpg

Very cool!!!

Our room was beautiful and in very good condition!!

456e220b1ed40b6e4d4f6a2cab3d7e3f_zpse4a5964a.jpg

610bca22327b8f5b44efc6b8f0794a2c_zpsc3961f1d.jpg

The view
f609a4792ba554f3c124f1d840e9a64e_zps90fa3e21.jpg

0a36faadcfd4fe181761bd0041acc6aa_zps5a944e17.jpg

We loved the size of the room. We had a daybed. Mousekeeping was very good everyday, though we did find that turndown was done REALLY early (like 3:30 pm). We had two towel animals during our stay. Not as important to us as a nice, clean room....but we got them everyday at WL.

CL was nice. We found the food selections to be lacking as compared to what we had last year at WL CL. Just a lot of fried food items at YC....and what happened to the lobster salad?? I was looking forward to that and I went to the lounge every night and it never came...:confused3

The CM's were really nice, but not quite as nice and welcoming as the WL ones. Just a personal preference, I think. Exception being, Shakira...she was awesome!!! She really took a liking to our girls and spent a lot of time talking to them!!! :goodvibes

We loved the location of YC. I honestly don't think you can beat the location...even at the monorail resorts. Being able to walk to two parks is incredible and we took full advantage of that, walking both to Epcot and DHS...so awesome! ::yes::

Overall, we had an amazing trip. Attraction lines were short...we even walked onto TSM one night! We kind of wish they could pick WL up and drop it in YC location and then we'd have the perfect resort, but alas, that's not going to happen.

Next year we plan on finally trying Poly, now that the rooms are finally redone...:dance3:

We are still on our quest to try every resort. 7 down at this point. We would not hesitate to stay at YC again for sure!

Any questions, feel free to ask! I am still half asleep at this point (we didn't get home until close to 2 am):faint:

WOW and upgrade and family of the day, the pixie dust was certainly in your favor. I am glad to hear that you all had a good time.

Yay for the surprise upgrade and yay for chocolate covered strawberries!!!

I'm glad you had fun :thumbsup2

Love the Welcome chocolates ! Great upgrade, wonderful view!

Great trip report. I have been dying to know how you liked YC after staying at the wonderful WL.

CL was nice. We found the food selections to be lacking as compared to what we had last year at WL CL. Just a lot of fried food items at YC....and what happened to the lobster salad?? I was looking forward to that and I went to the lounge every night and it never came...:confused3

The CM's were really nice, but not quite as nice and welcoming as the WL ones. Just a personal preference, I think. Exception being, Shakira...she was awesome!!! She really took a liking to our girls and spent a lot of time talking to them!!! :goodvibes
I've looked at pictures of the WL CL and its food offerings and thought that they looked great. I'm not surprised you found YC CL to be lacking compared to WL.

We loved the location of YC. I honestly don't think you can beat the location...even at the monorail resorts. Being able to walk to two parks is incredible and we took full advantage of that, walking both to Epcot and DHS...so awesome! ::yes::

Overall, we had an amazing trip. Attraction lines were short...we even walked onto TSM one night! We kind of wish they could pick WL up and drop it in YC location and then we'd have the perfect resort, but alas, that's not going to happen.

This is how I feel about the WL, too. I love the location of the BC/YC, which is why we have stayed there for the last 20 years or so. :goodvibes But now that we have stayed at the WL we found that we loved that, too. What a dilemma! :confused3

Isn't it great to be able to walk into Epcot and HS? That is the best part. We are going to take one more trip to WL in December, and then be back at BC for the Flower and Garden Show in the spring. That is the only way to handle the love of two resorts. :wizard:

Welcome back! Happy for your upgrade and pixie dust! Glad you had another great family vacation. Thanks for sharing some of your experiences so far. Looking forward to your trip report.:goodvibes

Welcome home Candace :hug:

So glad you posted a review and some pics :yay: Glad you and the crew had a great trip, how did your friend and her crew enjoy their pixie dust as well popcorn::

Sounds like you had a great time!

We just stayed YC CL in February, I agree with you about the quality - especially compared to WL. We enjoyed YC, but for the value, we'd rather stay else where. Plus WL is our personal favorite!

And Shakira is awesome!! princess:

Thank you for your post. Congrats on the upgrade and family of the day...that must have been really special. We are staying BC CL in August for the first time so your thoughts were great to read.

We too LOVE that location... BC is our favorite deluxe! So glad you had a nice stay and congrats on the upgrade!!!

Wow, YC family of the day. That's really nice. I didn't know they did that sort of thing.

I hope they have the lobster salad when we go to the BW this July. We had it last year at BC and loved it. Sorry you didn't get any.

Glad you had a nice time.

Shakira really is a wonderful person. We spent a lot of time with her a couple of years ago, and my kids still talk about her.

I'm sorry to hear that the lobster salad is a thing of the past. That was one of my favorite CL treats.

We're trying BWI CL and BC CL this summer. Now you've got me thinking about WL CL for the next time:).

WElcome back, Candace! And awesome on FOTD (family of the day). We were family of the day in 2010 at YC CL and had I peaked at my online reservation before check in I would have noticed it said FOTD and surprise would have been ruined!!! :)

So glad you enjoyed YC CL. I love YC as you know...but this is my first june if 5 years in a row I am NOT staying CL!!! I was a little disappointed in the food offerings there last year, really felt the cut backs from prior years, so we opted for garden view regular room. I am slumming it I know!:rotfl:

Isn't the location FANTASTIC? You cannot beat it...we all love it there. I have stayed BWI CL and I do prefer that CL over BC or YC - just more GRAND - but prefer YC overall.

So glad you were pleased with it as well. I so agree on that 3:30 turn down time. We got hit with it a few times while showering for dinner! Little on the early side for sure. And I LOVE YOUR VIEW!!!!!

Welcome back! Congrats on the pixy dust! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

WOW and upgrade and family of the day, the pixie dust was certainly in your favor. I am glad to hear that you all had a good time.

Great. Love that Minnie chocolate.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Great pics! :goodvibes

Yay for the surprise upgrade and yay for chocolate covered strawberries!!!

I'm glad you had fun :thumbsup2

Thanks for the trip report & glad you enjoyed your stay :)

Love the Welcome chocolates ! Great upgrade, wonderful view!

Thanks!!! The pixie dust was flying for sure! Very exciting!!!:cool1:

Great trip report. I have been dying to know how you liked YC after staying at the wonderful WL.

I've looked at pictures of the WL CL and its food offerings and thought that they looked great. I'm not surprised you found YC CL to be lacking compared to WL.

This is how I feel about the WL, too. I love the location of the BC/YC, which is why we have stayed there for the last 20 years or so. :goodvibes But now that we have stayed at the WL we found that we loved that, too. What a dilemma! :confused3

Isn't it great to be able to walk into Epcot and HS? That is the best part. We are going to take one more trip to WL in December, and then be back at BC for the Flower and Garden Show in the spring. That is the only way to handle the love of two resorts. :wizard:

I think that's a GREAT strategy!!!

Welcome back! Happy for your upgrade and pixie dust! Glad you had another great family vacation. Thanks for sharing some of your experiences so far. Looking forward to your trip report.:goodvibes

Welcome home Candace :hug:

So glad you posted a review and some pics :yay: Glad you and the crew had a great trip, how did your friend and her crew enjoy their pixie dust as well popcorn::

Thanks!!! Our friends ended up LOVING their time at YC. I think they have now been converted. :goodvibes
They were already talking about another trip before they left! :rotfl:

Sounds like you had a great time!

We just stayed YC CL in February, I agree with you about the quality - especially compared to WL. We enjoyed YC, but for the value, we'd rather stay else where. Plus WL is our personal favorite!

And Shakira is awesome!! princess:

WL is simply top notch! An amazing place with amazing people, but yes, Shakira is sooooooo nice. ::yes::

Thank you for your post. Congrats on the upgrade and family of the day...that must have been really special. We are staying BC CL in August for the first time so your thoughts were great to read.

I can't imagine how you would have a bad time. It's a great resort! You will LOVE it! :goodvibes

We too LOVE that location... BC is our favorite deluxe! So glad you had a nice stay and congrats on the upgrade!!!

Wow, YC family of the day. That's really nice. I didn't know they did that sort of thing.

I hope they have the lobster salad when we go to the BW this July. We had it last year at BC and loved it. Sorry you didn't get any.

Glad you had a nice time.

Thanks!!! Yeah, I guess the lobster salad is now gone...:confused3. It's too bad, I really wanted to try it!!!

Shakira really is a wonderful person. We spent a lot of time with her a couple of years ago, and my kids still talk about her.

I'm sorry to hear that the lobster salad is a thing of the past. That was one of my favorite CL treats.

We're trying BWI CL and BC CL this summer. Now you've got me thinking about WL CL for the next time:).

I caught my kids imitating her accent...well, using an accent and I asked them what they were doing and they were playing "Shakira"...she really made an impression on them. :goodvibes
You should definitely try WL CL....a little slice of heaven.

What an awesome way to start your magical vacation:)!!!!!

WElcome back, Candace! And awesome on FOTD (family of the day). We were family of the day in 2010 at YC CL and had I peaked at my online reservation before check in I would have noticed it said FOTD and surprise would have been ruined!!! :)

So glad you enjoyed YC CL. I love YC as you know...but this is my first june if 5 years in a row I am NOT staying CL!!! I was a little disappointed in the food offerings there last year, really felt the cut backs from prior years, so we opted for garden view regular room. I am slumming it I know!:rotfl:

Isn't the location FANTASTIC? You cannot beat it...we all love it there. I have stayed BWI CL and I do prefer that CL over BC or YC - just more GRAND - but prefer YC overall.

So glad you were pleased with it as well. I so agree on that 3:30 turn down time. We got hit with it a few times while showering for dinner! Little on the early side for sure. And I LOVE YOUR VIEW!!!!!

The view was gorgeous! We actually said that if we stay at YC again, we won't do CL, so I totally get you on that one.

Welcome back! Congrats on the pixy dust! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time.

Thanks!!! It really was another fantastic trip!! :cheer2:

Thanks for the lovely little trip report Candace! What a great view you had, and the room looks wonderful. Any reviews of the sandcastle club??:coffee:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter