Just back...free dining...my reviews

GoCards!

Earning My Ears
We did free dining, and boy was that a hit! This was too much food, but made our trip really extra fun, not flinching when we saw prices on menus. (Sorry, we're too cheap to eat TS oop every night!!!). Anyway, here's where we went and what we thought:

Pepper Market--great deal for counter service credit, but a little pricey for cash payers. Good variety, especially if you have adventurous eaters, or at least eaters who like Mexican and stir fry. Our steaks there were nothing to write home about, but, certainly beat the cheeseburgers and pizza at Typhoon Lagoon for the same counter service credit!

Turf Club Grill---new at Saratoga Springs. This place was pretty good, nothing special. I'd order the steak for sure. The ribs were pretty disappointing. The chocolate lava cake was delicious. I liked the atmosphere, and the newness of the place. SSR is a beautiful resort.

Coral Reef---we loved it. The prime rib was great. I originally ordered the mahi mahi, but didn't care for it, and the server immediately replaced it. She was great. We shared meals here, got tired of stuffing ourselves sick!!! Seafood souffle wasn't too good, or at least not what I expected. Augratin potatoes were fabulous. Dessert was delicious. Chocolate wave, of course!

Kona Cafe---best meal of the trip. DD and I did this one without the boys, they went to ESPN. We had shrimp and scallops and beef teriyaki. Shrimp and scallops were good, beef was excellent. Sticky wings appetizer was awesome but messy, but server brought us warm washcloths and lemon to clean up afterwards. DD's ice cream cone dessert was adorable. Served standing upright on the plate surrounded by cotton candy. I thought the atmosphere here was underrated. Granted, it's a lobby restaurant, but it's still pretty well-themed, and the Poly isn't really my thing!

Mama Melrose---ate here for lunch. Very weak appetizer selections, but entrees were good. I had pasta with shrimp. I thought the combination of vegetables in the pasta was odd, but the shrimp was grilled and very tasty.
DH had chicken parmesan and thought it was good.

Spoodles---probably my biggest disappointment. Had read such rave reviews...I thought it was okay, but nothing special. I had salmon, others had steak. Nobody was blown away. Garlic shrimp appetizer was best appetizer of the trip.

Will gladly answer any questions!

We did the free dining too and gained 5 lbs with all the walking. The food was so much, I picked great restaurants and we enjoyed them all.

Thanks for the great reviews! If you don't mind me asking, but what was the reason that you did not like the Mahi Mahi? I am wondering because we are going to the CR for the first time this coming Feb. and I looked at the menu and was leaning towards the Mahi Mahi. Thanks!

We are going to Kona & Coral Reef in a few weeks, I can't wait! :banana: Thanks for the great reviews! :thumbsup2

We also just got back from the free dining plan! We loved Coral Reef! Our server was so nice, let my 9-yr-old son order from the adult menu. My DH ordered the tuna - it was so incredible, he can't wait to go back! I had the shrimp pasta, which was also good. We weren't too close to the tank, but that was good this time as my daughters were freaked out by the sharks! :rolleyes2 Chocolate wave was not disappointing, and my expectations were high since I had read so many comments about it! We had read mixed reviews about the restaurant, but we both loved it!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks for the reviews. When we were at the Coral Reef last week they were great about replacing somehting my mother did not like. Good service there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter