Just back form Vero Beach

DaisyNY

DIS Veteran
Just back from a 7-day, 6-night stay at Vero Beach, 2 bedroom villa in Building 14. For starters...the rooms and renovations are beautiful. Surprised to see a pull-out bed/chair combo in addition to the pull out sofa bed in living room. Though we were told all rooms in Building 14 were done...we saw maintenance pulling in room rugs to be installed the day we left. That said, we never heard any noise if renovations were being completed.

The renovated rooms are beautiful from top to bottom. This was our first stay at VB and we were pleased with the resort amenities. We were just looking for a relaxing stay at the beach and we got that and more.

We ate at the resort most nights...We probably tried all the items at the Winds and Waves and Grill on the four nights we ate there...Our only complaint would be that service was a little slow and it would be nice if there were daily specials to offer other options. Overall, service in restaurants, Winds and Waves for breakfast and dinner, and at the Green Cabin Bar was slow...we seemed to hear about being short staffed, individuals calling out, and it looked like they were still trying to train individuals.

The beach amenities...yes, we didn't like paying extra for umbrellas and beach chairs! But the beach was beautiful and the cushioned chairs more than comfy...And beware...we brought a beach blanket for our daughter who loves to lay and sun on the beach but was bitten up on our first day.

The spa...amazing...my husband and I had great massages...

Loved the mini-golf, shuffleboard, games and movies...no young kids in our party but there is so much for them to do.

We did take a few excursions off site...Mr. Manatee's dinner (Nice place, sub-par food), Al's Citrus Grove (Surprisingly fun find for a break from the beach,) Wilderness Boat Rides (Amazing day, despite the cold with Captain Bob ), and lunch at Marsh Landing (we all experienced Frog Legs, Gator Tails, Fried Green Tomatoes and more in an authentic atmosphere).

Would we come back....Yes, Loved our time at Vero Beach!

Last edited:
Thanks for the report! We haven't been there for several years - might be time to visit again. We did enjoy our stays there. :)

Thanks for the report. Thinking of heading there next year. What are the food options at the resort now? Is the Wind and Waves the only place to eat beside the bar?

Thanks for the report, we'll be there in June, and will probably try out the new dining choices.

Glad you had a good stay! We always stay in a ocean view room in the inn the first week of May. Our room last year was a renovated room and we were very pleased with what they had done. I'm a bit anxious about the restaurant/food situation. We shall see in a few weeks, I guess.

Glad you had a good stay! We always stay in a ocean view room in the inn the first week of May. Our room last year was a renovated room and we were very pleased with what they had done. I'm a bit anxious about the restaurant/food situation. We shall see in a few weeks, I guess.
The restaurant was wonderful...about eight options for main entrees. That said we loved everything we tried but wish they would have at least two daily specials. Enjoy!

How was the grab & go?
Sandwiches, burgers...a bit pricey...but good! We never visited during breakfast as we had a kitchen in our room but did have breakfast in the main dining room which was very good. Best value in grab and go was the pizza pie...whole pie for $13.99.

Sandwiches, burgers...a bit pricey...but good! We never visited during breakfast as we had a kitchen in our room but did have breakfast in the main dining room which was very good. Best value in grab and go was the pizza pie...whole pie for $13.99.

Thanks for the info. We'll be there to check it out in a few weeks!

Did you know that there is a really good pizza place right next door to the resort? And they will deliver!

Thanks for the info. We'll be there to check it out in a few weeks!

Did you know that there is a really good pizza place right next door to the resort? And they will deliver!

Also a terrific deli next to Orchard Island Pizza....Penny Hill Emporium. Both within 5 minute walking distance if you choose to walk.

It's wonderful to read all the positives about VBR. We will be there Dec 28-Jan 4, our last holiday trip for a couple years with my Mom and my DD's.
It's been a few years since we have been but we are looking forward to this trip!
Our 25th anniversary and My Moms 75th birthday!

It's wonderful to read all the positives about VBR. We will be there Dec 28-Jan 4, our last holiday trip for a couple years with my Mom and my DD's.
It's been a few years since we have been but we are looking forward to this trip!
Our 25th anniversary and My Moms 75th birthday!
We just miss you, we arrive on Jan 4. Vero Beach is a must for us every January, even just for a few days.

We just miss you, we arrive on Jan 4. Vero Beach is a must for us every January, even just for a few days.
Just curious, we love Vero, too (just returned from 6 nights there), but we go for the ocean swimming, so we've only gone in the summer - how cold is it there in January?

Just curious, we love Vero, too (just returned from 6 nights there), but we go for the ocean swimming, so we've only gone in the summer - how cold is it there in January?
Some Januarys I swim, some I don't. I cannot walk on sand, so beach swimming is out. This was taken from our balcony January 5 this year.

IMG_0007.JPG

Some Januarys I swim, some I don't. I cannot walk on sand, so beach swimming is out. This was taken from our balcony January 5 this year.
Thanks! That's more people than I expected to see in the water (and sometimes more than we've seen even in summer!).

Lovely to hear about Vero.
We are going next Aug. Are they still doing the pirate night dinner?

We might see you on the 4th, Bobbiwoz, our flight leaves at 7:00pm so we wil hang around till 5pm by the pool! We have two DD's 17,20, my parents, and myself and DH.

Carolyn, we have swam in the ocean, but not for long however we are from Southern Ontario and usually swim in our pool when it is 70-75 degrees. As long as we have lots of towels to wrap up,it's fine.
The pool is always quite warm and the New Years Eve party is great! I am an Educational Assistant, so I can only be on holiday during school breaks, and it's a great holiday for us all to be together!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter