Just Back - Dec 8-12

cckp72

Fairy In Training
Hi Dis Friends,

My DH and I just returned from a very jammed packed 4 days, staying at POP.

Pop - we were in 80s section with an excellent location close to bus stops and main hall. Terrific. The room is on the smallish size but the use of storage in renovated rooms is amazing. It was only the two of us and we used both beds to be able to stretch out. I loved the glass front mini fridge! What a great idea! This was our first time at a Value and for the price, it really couldn't be beat.

We had brunch at California Grill on Sunday. By far, this was an exquisite and very special brunch. It was amazing, all the way through. I am very cheap too but this splurge is well worth every penny! Note that we paid 90/person rather than 80 which I had thought the price was.

Monday 12/10 we spent at Magic Kingdom. It was a non-party day so it was definitely on the busy side. It was so cold we had to buy jackets and saw many people doing the same. Even though it was frosty, we went on Splash with a 5 min wait. Great! We got to get on everything we wanted and ate at Jungle Canteen for dinner. Was good but not great and the service was on the slow side. I wouldn't go back. We were able to ride Pirates 3x through the course of the day. We spotted the Red pop vinyl in the gift shop first thing in the am but didn't want to carry parcels. MISTAKE! They were all sold out after. We really kicked ourselves. Ahh well, live and learn.

We also ate at Edison and Chicken Guy. Chicken guy was terrific! I would have happily swappped our ADR at Edison for another go at CG. But DH wanted to try Edison. It was meh. Decent food, but definitely overpriced for what you get as food although I know you are paying for atmosphere and uniqueness.

Disney Springs tree trail was a highlight - so beautiful! All the decorations everywhere really made it special and I would definitely come back at Christmas time again.

If anyone has any questions, I will be happy to try to answer!

:flower1:

Sounds like a nice trip- Orlando weather is always so wacky. We debated between CG and Polite Pig when we were there this past Nov. We chose PP since we were closer to it but now wish we went with CG. PP was meh. We missed the tree trail too. Limited time trips. Cali Grill is on my short list for a special event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter