Just back! DDP was great!

Connears

Connears
Just got back from trip to OKW 12/24-12/29/06 on DDP for first time(we are dvc members and tried it on for size). It was 4 adults(me, DH and 2 adult sisters) and DS (16)). First of all..I had wonderful service EVERYWHERE! There was no discrimination from having the plan and everyone was more than helpful in explaining everything. We used it for CP plan and there was no problem. Only problem we encountered was using up all the snack credits..we used 7 of them on check-out day for drinks and snacks for the road on our way to Savannah for a couple of days. Here is a brief description of where we ate:

12/24 Teppanyaki at 4pm with CP at 6:45. Meal was wonderful as usual, service was great and the cheif very entertaining. We used 5 TS credits.

12/25 1900PF breakfast with Alice, Pooh, Mad Hatter, Tigger. Food was very good even had carving station of baked ham along with all the others, make-own omlettes, mickey waffles, cheese blinzes, all the meats, breads, fresh fruit. Service was wonderful..we paid extra for DSto ahve smoothie. Exceptionally festive and the GF was beautiful with its decorations(we have been for the past 3 holiday weeks and did not see a significant decrease in the beauty.
12/25 CG dinner at 9:30pm, but we got there at 9pm and they seated us right away and also said we could take our time and go on observation deck if we wanted. Half of us stayed at table and others went out. Holiday Wishes was amazing. Food and service here was out of this world. We all had appetizers (3 had flat breads, 2 had salad and one had the cheese tray(all 5 varieties). ; meals 2 beef filet, 2 had sea scallops, and one had black cod-all were fantastic; dessert was 2 pear tarts, one sepcial crunch cake, one choc something and cheesecake. Our total (without wine) was over $400 and that was about half of total DDP total of $960? for 5 people!

12/28 Kona cafe for dinner. Wonderful as usual CM very helpful with plan and gave DS smoothie as drink. We had salads, seafood chowder, and stickey wings for appetizers; mahi mahi, filet, and shrimp and scallops for dinners; apple betty, kid kone, cheesecake and (forgot other dessert-sorry). Everything was tremendous!

CS:

Pepper Market-great food and value! Dessert was danish, cinnamon rolls, muffins, and fresh fruit(gave it to us instead of us using snack!).
Pecos Bill-good burgers, pulled pork-long wait! choc/peanut brownie for dessert was OK.
ABC commissary- good noodles and veggies, and cuban sandwich.
Goods to go(OKW)- good burgers and chiken strips and yummy key-lime pie.
Fountain view-breakfast sandwich meal(croissant) cappucinno, bagels(snack).
Snacks at Goofys candy Co.(DTD for great cookies),gingerbread at Germany, and others at resort/parks.

We loved using the plan, but it does make you get more food than you normally would. CS make it easy to share full meals as needed. Never got any negatives for using the plan by anyone! Can't understand the comments I've seen here on these boards prior to our trip.
Overall great trip!
Connears

I'm sure I left out some of our eating but didn't write down everything.

Thank you for the comments! We also liked the DP. We never felt that we overate. We saved the desserts for snacks or early breakfast, used the snack credits for ice cream or treats that we took home, split CS credits so that we could have light breakfasts and lunches.

Thanks for the review, especially your comments on
Goods to Go. We are staying at OKW for spring break and after all the negatives I've read I was thinking we maybe we should avoid it for CS. It is always good to hear positives!:)

Where did you have dinner on 12/25? I would guest CR would be Coral Reef but you also mentioned the observation deck and Holiday Wishes, so was it California Grill? which would be CG?

Christmas dinner was California Grill..sorry about the typo!it was CG when I talked about the view of Wishes from the table. Best meal of the whole trip. We had not been there since 1998(?). Its a definite for the next trip.
Connears

Christmas dinner was California Grill..sorry about the typo!it was CG when I talked about the view of Wishes from the table. Best meal of the whole trip. We had not been there since 1998(?). Its a definite for the next trip.
Connears

Thanks for the clarification, it sounded like great fun, so I wanted to make sure where you ate. :thumbsup2

So you can purchase the dining plan, even though you were staying & using DVC points? My SIL wants to do this, but we weren't sure it could be done. How did you go about reserving the dining plan? Did you just go through the regular reservations number?

Cheers!
Heather W

So you can purchase the dining plan, even though you were staying & using DVC points? My SIL wants to do this, but we weren't sure it could be done. How did you go about reserving the dining plan? Did you just go through the regular reservations number?

Cheers!
Heather W

It has to be done through DVC member services. If your SIL is renting she needs to contact the DVC member she is renting from and the member can call and add it. You pay for the DDP at check-in.:)

It has to be done through DVC member services. If your SIL is renting she needs to contact the DVC member she is renting from and the member can call and add it. You pay for the DDP at check-in.:)

OK, that makes sense - thank you. I suspected that she could get this plan, even though she was going through DVC.

Thanks again!
Heather W

We have been dvc members since 1994 and have made average of 2 trips a year since then. We love having the kitchen for breakfasts and some lunches and never thought the dining plan would be for us, but we took my 2 adult sisters this trip and decided to try it. We are converts! We actually would have made our money investment for the 5 of us on Calif Grill and Kona Cafe alone! Loved it. Very easy to monitor with the receipts.

Connears

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

CSR:

Pepper Market-great food and value! Dessert was danish, cinnamon rolls, muffins, and fresh fruit (gave it to us instead of us using snack!).
Pecos Bill-good burgers, pulled pork-long wait! choc/peanut brownie for dessert was OK.
I love the Pepper Market. Best value on property for DDP. Thanks for sharing!!

This will be our first time on the DDP also, it sounds like you guys enjoyed it! I am looking forward to all the great food! Thanks for sharing with us!:thumbsup2

We used the DDP on our six day trip to SSR in Dec. It cost $455.88 for 2 adults. The cash price for the meals we got would have been $685.22 a savings of $229.34. We probably would not have gotten the same food if not on the plan, but still believe it was a great deal. We plan on using it again for our 7 day trip to OKW this March.

Scott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter