Just back....AOA LM room

I am now curious what people keep their thermostats at home

Summer - 77
Winter - 68ish

And we live in Georgia. Yes, 77 during the summer. When we go to Disney World, I pack sweat pants and winter pajamas because I know I will freeze at night while in the room.

Glad you guys liked it!! I really loved AoA, we did the same as you, cut through the parking lot to get to the bus & walked throughthe LK section to get back at night.

Absolutely loved the resort, especially the LM rooms! The shower was the best!! I need to buy me one of thos shower curtains!! :p

Thanks for the review, we can't wait to stay there this Fall. I am now curious what people keep their thermostats at...at home we keep ours at 77 in the summer or else we'd go broke, but 70 sounds freezing! Do people regularly put it in the 60's in the summer? Maybe because hotel rooms are stuffier?

My house is new construction and is energy star certified and we keep ours at 70 year round here in Niagara Falls! It's usually fine for us in the winter but often in the summer, I'll drop it to 68 on really hot days. And of course, the upstairs is always a degree or two warmer with the heat rising.

In hotel rooms, at least ones with the window units, I crank it up. It never seems to cool right to my liking. Maybe at Disney its just the FL humidity. Glad to hear the motion sensors at AoA weren't a huge deal, because that would be a deal breaker for me.

In my opinion, the walk can be extremely long if you are in one of the last rooms in the LM Ariel building. We stayed there in Dec (rooms at the very end of the buiding) and discovered that we were actually the same distance to a POP building as we were to other LM buildings. We ended up driving over to bus stops - that walk back to the room at night after being in the park was a killer.

In response to "Ì am curious about what people keep their thermostats at home..."

We keep our thermostats on 66 in winter and off altogether from about April to October. We have an air conditioner in our bedroom to be able to sleep at night in July and August.

We live in Newfoundland, Canada. We like it cold by most people's standards. the only time we can go to Florida and be close to comfortable with the heat is from November to February. I keep the temp as low as possible in the rooms to try to cool off, but Florida is just HOT for me in winter and simply not doable most of the year.

68 winter
70 summer

Just wondering for those who have stayed at AofA LM rooms where is your favorite room located? We will be there in September. We were there last September and the LM area was still under construction. Is the landscaping done and grown enough that it blends well with the other parts of the resort? I am so excited about getting to stay at this resort. We have stayed at Pop 4 times and watched this resort being built. Love all the inforamtion I get from these boards.

This is probably the only value I would stay at, reading by the wonderful reviews. Actually, it seems better than some of the mods I've stayed at! It seems like such a cool resort and its just very well themed. I would definitely consider staying here in the future.

In my opinion, the walk can be extremely long if you are in one of the last rooms in the LM Ariel building. We stayed there in Dec (rooms at the very end of the buiding) and discovered that we were actually the same distance to a POP building as we were to other LM buildings. We ended up driving over to bus stops - that walk back to the room at night after being in the park was a killer.

I agree the difference might not seem like a lot but it is! We were in the Ariel building at the very end of the hallway 3rd floor. I would request building 7 or 9 if you are staying in this section.

I suggest the king triton bldg. it is closest to the bus stops.

I haven't heard anyone else talk about this (probaby cause I notice the strangest things...)
hubby didn't have this problem, just me..the toilet paper holder in the LM bathroom is openended. so many times whenI went to tear off the toilet paper, the roll went flying off the holder! :rotfl:
anyone else have this happen?

I suggest the king triton bldg. it is closest to the bus stops.

I haven't heard anyone else talk about this (probaby cause I notice the strangest things...)
hubby didn't have this problem, just me..the toilet paper holder in the LM bathroom is openended. so many times whenI went to tear off the toilet paper, the roll went flying off the holder! :rotfl:
anyone else have this happen?

LOL my mom!! I kept telling her she was TPC.... Toilet Paper Challenged. :lmao:

well, I feel better now tht Iknow at least one other perso had this problem!!!:lmao:

Thanks for your review. I've been pondering our next stay and was afraid of the distance from LM to main lobby.... still not sure, though! We loved asmo.... we were in dalmations section and it was just awesome!

Thank you for your review. We are headed to AoA next year and are trying to determine between two LM rooms and a suite. So excited. Can't wait!

Thanks for your review. I've been pondering our next stay and was afraid of the distance from LM to main lobby.... still not sure, though! We loved asmo.... we were in dalmations section and it was just awesome!

Here are the distance numbers for AoA based on printouts of Google maps Sat view. From the AHall-East door shortest route in feet:
700 to bridge. 250 across bridge to POP shore to shore.
300 to S tip of LK 200 more to center of LK area
1600 to northern most tip of LM
1000 to southern most tip of Cars
2600 total from N tip of LM to S Tip of Cars

528 ft is 0.1 mile
Walking time for that is 2 min at 3mph or 3min at 2mph

Each lodging block is 200ft so a triple block complex measures 400x200

One half mile is 2640ft

You can do it! Enjoy the beauty and charm of the resort along the way.

Longest distance at the ALL STARS is at MUSIC 1400. Longest at the other two is 1000ft.

Thanks for posting your review! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

My house is new construction and is energy star certified and we keep ours at 70 year round here in Niagara Falls! It's usually fine for us in the winter but often in the summer, I'll drop it to 68 on really hot days. And of course, the upstairs is always a degree or two warmer with the heat rising.

In hotel rooms, at least ones with the window units, I crank it up. It never seems to cool right to my liking. Maybe at Disney its just the FL humidity. Glad to hear the motion sensors at AoA weren't a huge deal, because that would be a deal breaker for me.

Ours is also new construction and energy star certified. After our house they started using smaller air conditioning units for the new builds. I'll tell you why. I put ours on 70 or 72 and it is cold to freezing in an hour:confused3. The thing is a powerhouse. I don't get it, but I'm not complaining. I don't ever have to run it all day until we get a major heat wave.
So I'd say I keep it at 70-72 in the summer, and 72 or so in the winter.

Haha, thanks for all the responses about thermostats at home...now I wonder if people are too hot when they come to our house. I think when we have guests over now I will crank it down!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter