June W. I. S. H. - Summer o' Fun

I am grateful for the uncomfortable feeling of not quite having a routine yet. These empty spaces give rise to introspection.

I know what you mean! My days are very different during and between school years.

My goal this summer is to develop "a routine I don't have to fight against" -

I want some structure, but I don't want to just assign arbitrary times for things and then struggle to stick to them. I plan to take a few days to see when DH and DS need me most, what times the cats are most likely to bug me to go outside with them...that sort of thing. Then after vacation, I'll start setting goals for things like exercise at the times I think I'll be most successful.

I am thankful for this time off to rest and recharge.
I am thankful for this little house which has been a haven for 10 years now.
I am thankful for this nectarine I'm having for breakfast, it actually has flavor unlike so many mass produced fruits in the marketplace.
I am thankful for my balloon ride tomorrow.
And I am thankful for all of you!

I am thankful for my team at work. We work great together and get along great. So different from a few years ago. This job is not glamorous. it is a lot of chasing kids to get paperwork turned in and a lot of data entry. I hope they don't leave any time soon.

I am grateful to be seeing our Travel Agent this afternoon. Our favorite TA was transferred, and a flaky TA was given custody of our reservations. I used to be a TA before I started college, and even though I am perfectly capable of arranging a trip myself, when we do Disney, I like another set of eyes on our trip. The TA that made the original (June 2020) reservations for WDW was so on point; then we had to cancel leaving us an airline credit that we needed to use by the end of the year. Since those original airline reservations were made through a TA, we decided to cancel WDW a 2nd time and book Margaritaville using the same TA to keep everything consistent. The flaky TA has not done a great job of that, so I need to look her in the eye and see itineraries in print and know where every dollar has gone, what has been refunded, credited, etc. Then our minds will be at ease. At this point, my DH is so nervous that we don't even have reservations even though I showed him the reservation number. Her forgetfulness has made him feel insecure...the complete opposite of how you should feel using a travel agency.
We went to the travel agency today. It was distracting because this was the first indoor place I have been to where we were the only people wearing masks. Adding to that, one of the employees is the mother of DD’s ex. This woman would do anything to reunite her son with my daughter. It was awkward. Finally we sat down with our TA. We went over everything, special requests etc. It wasn’t until we got home that I realized that she booked our car service from JFK to home at 11:55AM, our departure time from Ft. Lauderdale. OMG. It is an easy fix, but it is so annoying that I have to look over her shoulder when this is her J.O.B.
:scared1:

I am grateful for my 8 week-long freedom from work.

I am grateful for the uncomfortable feeling of not quite having a routine yet. These empty spaces give rise to introspection.

I am grateful to be seeing our Travel Agent this afternoon. Our favorite TA was transferred, and a flaky TA was given custody of our reservations. I used to be a TA before I started college, and even though I am perfectly capable of arranging a trip myself, when we do Disney, I like another set of eyes on our trip. The TA that made the original (June 2020) reservations for WDW was so on point; then we had to cancel leaving us an airline credit that we needed to use by the end of the year. Since those original airline reservations were made through a TA, we decided to cancel WDW a 2nd time and book Margaritaville using the same TA to keep everything consistent. The flaky TA has not done a great job of that, so I need to look her in the eye and see itineraries in print and know where every dollar has gone, what has been refunded, credited, etc. Then our minds will be at ease. At this point, my DH is so nervous that we don't even have reservations even though I showed him the reservation number. Her forgetfulness has made him feel insecure...the complete
opposite of how you should feel using a travel agency.

I am grateful to have quiet mornings to myself...I managed to sleep in until 7:00 AM today, and I think that it s great wake-up time allowing me to have two hours to myself before DD joins me for whatever our day will hold.

I am grateful that DD won't be applying for a job until August after her graduation/business launch party, giving us one last summer together to enjoy our Mother/Daughter time. This is probably our last precious summer of freedom. I don't want to take one minute for granted.
We love our son in law dearly, but having our daughter and grandson here this week has been wonderful!
That is what I thankful for this week-our special time together.

I am thankful for my team at work. We work great together and get along great. So different from a few years ago. This job is not glamorous. it is a lot of chasing kids to get paperwork turned in and a lot of data entry. I hope they don't leave any time soon.
My co workers became my dearest friends over the years-they were a big part of what made my job so rewarding so I can understand this!

I'm thankful that summer is just oh so close! Just a few more hours of work!! We're leaving pretty much as soon as work is over. Can't wait to see DS2!

I'll try to be on while in Florida--especially since we have no activities planned (except DS's performance). Just watching the waves. :beach: I'm already relaxed just thinking about it!

DD has company over again today, and it's very cloudy so I have been using my time to clean and declutter. I'm excited because I finally invited a friend of mine over for lunch and a pool day on Tuesday. I can't remember the last time one of my friends came over. I am so looking forward to it.

Enjoying our family time-my daughter’s husband arrives Wednesday and extended family from Texas on Friday-they will stay with my husband’s brother and his wife in their house around the corner. So will do some baking and things I can freeze this weekend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Also got Nostalgacore… I have been rewatching old movies of late. So far it’s been Cactus Flower (fabulous fashions), Chariots of Fire (stands the test of time), and Kate and Leopold ( cute but breaks it’s own fantasy world rules).
The balloon ride yesterday was surreal. The basket is so steady you feel like you are standing on a fixed floor and the world is going by below you. We landed in a housing development, in a section that didn’t have houses yet, and a lot of people came out to check us out.
Temps are scary hot for the next few days, up in the 100s, which is unheard of for us. Did a few things early now I’m hanging out in the living room, which is the only room the portable air conditioner can keep cool. Need to get a few more chores done tho, so all I have to do tomorrow is pack.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter