June W. I. S. H. - Summer o' Fun

Woohoo-our trip to Houston went off without any glitches. I was a little nervous after not traveling for two years, but the airlines and hotels are great, people for the most part respectful and so happy to be out again. We travel again in late July to Disney and I will be much less apprehensive.

Woohoo-as usual, I am late to trends, but I discovered avocado toast and I love it! I am having a lightened up version for lunch today.

Woohoo-my grandson is finished with school Friday and will stay with us Sunday night through Wednesday because his parents still have school. Our local state park pool is open so that’s an outing. Love spending one on one time with him.

Woohoo... I'm back home. I slept soundly last night, after not sleeping at all at the hotel. The front porch is not done, but it looks like all that is left is the decking so hopefully it will go faster now. I'd love to get things put back together over the weekend and have the nice new table and umbrella to enjoy.

Woohoo... clear skies and sunshine this morning. Weather forecast for Saturday is looking pretty good, getting excited for my balloon ride.

Last edited:

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to take my son to Disney!

I am also thankful to be home after a twice delayed flight. But all went well other than some extra wait time (storms in the Philadelphia area were the holdup).

I am grateful my body held up through all the walking and in the heat. I logged 48 miles during that trip!

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to take my son to Disney!

I am also thankful to be home after a twice delayed flight. But all went well other than some extra wait time (storms in the Philadelphia area were the holdup).

I am grateful my body held up through all the walking and in the heat. I logged 48 miles during that trip!
It looks like you had a wonderful trip! Thank you for sharing every day, it was fun to follow along!

Thankful to be able to sit on my deck in the morning and listen to the birds (well, and right now cicadas) while I have breakfast. After so many years flying out the door to be at school by 7:00, it is a lovely way to start my day.

Thankful we can help out my daughter with childcare as she finishes up her school year.

Thankful for summer produce starting to be available-we are still enjoying local strawberries.

Thankful for no more 7am conference calls... I am usually sitting down at my desk by 7am but I need quiet time to settle in to the day and having to be human and interact with other humans first thing in the morning was tough.

Thankful that the garden clean up crew came yesterday. When I got the estimate having things weeded/pulled out was going to be $1900 so I just went with having it all weed whacked, but then started feeling like I could/should just do that myself. Yah, no, it was still a huge job and I could not have done it. Looks and feels so good to have it taken care of.

Thankful the front porch will be done today, or tomorrow. I was chatting with my neighbor last night and we were laughing at how slow the guys are (the contractor and my landlord), they like to chat, a lot, with each other and anyone walking down the street. The decking was partly on yesterday, so that needs to be finished and the railings put back up. I should for sure have it back by the weekend.

Thankful for the warm sunny summery weather.

How exciting! We have hot air balloons fly over our house all the time. Maybe one day I’ll be brave enough. Can’t wait to hear about your experience!
My son and I did that in NH 2 summers ago. It was great! Very relaxing..... not scary at all. Until we landed HARD in a street and I was on the front end that hit and banged my knee pretty badly. But I lived. I REALLY wanted to go hang gliding or zip lining but my son, 31yo, is not that adventurous so I had to settle for a Balloon Ride. :rolleyes1

My son and I did that in NH 2 summers ago. It was great! Very relaxing..... not scary at all. Until we landed HARD in a street and I was on the front end that hit and banged my knee pretty badly. But I lived. I REALLY wanted to go hang gliding or zip lining but my son, 31yo, is not that adventurous so I had to settle for a Balloon Ride. :rolleyes1
The Balloon driver told a great story, that could be fun for anyone planning an engagement. He said that once he had a guy telling him that on the balloon ride he scheduled he was going to propose to his girlfriend.
While flying above lots of trees the guy proposed to his girlfriend and went to give her the ring but dropped it into the trees! :oops::eek:
Everyone on the balloon was shocked and sad for them! The Balloon driver said that there was no way they were going to find it as it would be really hard to pinpoint where it might be!

Then, the guy, pulled out the REAL ring out of his pocket to give to his new fiance.
It was a great prank!

Me too, but it's
This morning I saw a number on my scale that I haven’t seen in probably 10 years!!! I am still quite far from my goal weight, but I am so much closer than I was just 4 months ago. My clothes fit better now. My face is so much thinner. My engagement ring spins on my finger. It really is worth the sacrifices I am making. I am worth the sacrifices I am making!
Me too but it's in the opposite direction and a number that I've never seen in my life. :sad2::worried:

Thankful for no more 7am conference calls... I am usually sitting down at my desk by 7am but I need quiet time to settle in to the day and having to be human and interact with other humans first thing in the morning was tough.

Thankful that the garden clean up crew came yesterday. When I got the estimate having things weeded/pulled out was going to be $1900 so I just went with having it all weed whacked, but then started feeling like I could/should just do that myself. Yah, no, it was still a huge job and I could not have done it. Looks and feels so good to have it taken care of.

Thankful the front porch will be done today, or tomorrow. I was chatting with my neighbor last night and we were laughing at how slow the guys are (the contractor and my landlord), they like to chat, a lot, with each other and anyone walking down the street. The decking was partly on yesterday, so that needs to be finished and the railings put back up. I should for sure have it back by the weekend.

Thankful for the warm sunny summery weather.
And they get the work done so much faster because it’s what they do and they have the right equipment!
Enjoy that new porch! I would love to see a picture.

And they get the work done so much faster because it’s what they do and they have the right equipment!
I know, they didn't use the string style whacker, theirs had a long blade... and they cleaned everything up afterwards which in itself was worth the $$$.

I am thankful that summer is right around the corner🌞.

I am thankful that there are only 6 days left of school, 5 of which with kids, and only 1 full day left.

I am thankful that because tomorrow is Field Day, Finding Nemo movie and ice cream in the afternoon. I will show the movie to remote learners, but that will be it for them.

Thankful that the heat wave here finally broke! (Spent "recess" at an actual playground today. 😃 )

Thankful my dentist could get me in tomorrow, as I think I have either a chipped tooth or a broken filling. (It's not painful, but it just feels really sharp on my tongue.) I called, and they were able to just move my cleaning up a couple of weeks so they can look at it right away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!