June Jungle Book Exercise Challenge!

I'm ready to join back in a exercise challenge. Last month I completed 40 miles of walking. Not sure of my total minutes. Maybe MFP could tell me. LOL I'm aiming for 1200 minutes of cardio. I also do strength that I don't really record time on.

my goal is 4000 steps a day

so 4000 x 30 days = 120,000 total steps

I will update each morning for the day prior so that all steps for the day up to 11:59pm are counted

Good luck to everyone!!

Can you translate this into a minutes goal? To track it with the team, I really need it to be minutes. Sorry.

Put me down for 600 minutes. We're leaving for Europe on the 19th and I have no idea if and when there is any exercising going to happen while we are abroad. Knee is starting to feel better, so I hope to be able to at least get some upper body or very low impact in tomorrow :)

Currently 65/1200. Walked 3 miles in 1 hour 5 minutes tonight at the gym. It was a bit of a push to make it to 3 but I bumped up my previous 30-45 minutes on treadmill to an hour.

based on adding each week on MFP I did 1273 last month so I should have no trouble making it this month with same schedule 5-6 days a week at the gym but doing 60 minutes most days now on treadmill.

Last edited:
With 12 members of the team reporting in so far, we’ve clocked over 600 exercise minutes, to reach 2.6% of the team goal! We’ve got a few members at or over 5% of their personal goals, so we should be seeing our first Bagheera Blue soon.

But first … a little bit about the original inspiration for this month’s thread.

jungle-fi.jpg

The Jungle Book made its big screen debut in October 1967. This film was the last film personally produced by Walt Disney (who passed away in December 1966, during the production process). The film was inspired by Rudyard Kipling’s book of the same name, and features music created by the Sherman brothers. The plot follows Mowgli, a feral child raised in the Indian jungle by wolves, as his friends Bagheera the panther and Baloo the bear try to convince him into leaving the jungle before the evil tiger Shere Khan arrives. The film was released to great theatrical success, ending 1967 as the fourth-highest grossing film of the year. The film has since been re-released to theaters several times, and has spawned several sequels and live-action adaptations (including the 2016 adaptation that we’ll be discussing this month).

There's lots of running, jumping, and general activity in this movie - I hope it inspires everyone to keep moving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter