June 27, 2013 - Magic in the Med (Venice)

Here's an update for anyone interested. Since it has been over a month, I sent an e-mail regarding the status of my piece. The below is the response I just received this morning:

referring your kind message, we would like to inform you that the master in
July did not all the colors in the oven to realize your customized bowl.
Your piece has to be realized with many different colors and the time of
production depends also from the glass shade the master has in the oven.
Unfortunately he had not all colors and so he could not complete your bowl.
Now furnaces in Murano are closed for all the month of August for
maintenance terms of the ovens.
The master told me that as soon as he opens again the oven the first week of
September he will immediately start the realization of your bowl.

We thank you and we remain at your full disposal for any other information
or help you may need

Our best regards from Murano,

So, it looks like I won't be receiving my beautiful piece until September. On the bright side, it will be a nice birthday present to myself!!! (My birthday is in September.) Also, it's like my wonderful vacation isn't over yet; I still have one more souvenir to receive. ;)

I'm very happy our cruise wasn't in August, seems that the heat is so high that most people take their holidays then and many places our closed down.

Hope you are all having a wonderful summer! I'm still missing the ship and wonderful Italian food!:)

You have such a great attitude towards your purchase, I am sure they will do an exceptional job since you have had to wait longer than expected. I still can't wait to see the picture when you receive your masterpiece.
I too still miss our table mates, our new friends we met on the cruise (this means you too), the ports, the cast members, the food, all of it. It was an amazing trip for sure. Hope the rest of everyone's summer is great too. We have a few short little things planned. A day in Catalina Island (only 75 min. boat ride), Wine tasting in Temecula, that's about it.
Take Care
Kay

Here's an update for anyone interested. Since it has been over a month, I sent an e-mail regarding the status of my piece. The below is the response I just received this morning:

referring your kind message, we would like to inform you that the master in
July did not all the colors in the oven to realize your customized bowl.
Your piece has to be realized with many different colors and the time of
production depends also from the glass shade the master has in the oven.
Unfortunately he had not all colors and so he could not complete your bowl.
Now furnaces in Murano are closed for all the month of August for
maintenance terms of the ovens.
The master told me that as soon as he opens again the oven the first week of
September he will immediately start the realization of your bowl.

We thank you and we remain at your full disposal for any other information
or help you may need

Our best regards from Murano,

So, it looks like I won't be receiving my beautiful piece until September. On the bright side, it will be a nice birthday present to myself!!! (My birthday is in September.) Also, it's like my wonderful vacation isn't over yet; I still have one more souvenir to receive. ;)

I'm very happy our cruise wasn't in August, seems that the heat is so high that most people take their holidays then and many places our closed down.

Hope you are all having a wonderful summer! I'm still missing the ship and wonderful Italian food!:)

It's been a long wait, but I just received an e-mail that my bowl was complete. Unfortunately, the bowl the artist created was not to the specifications I requested. It was the correct color, but my bowl was to be 6-8" tall with a bigger base and less of a top rim. I have e-mailed her back, and she is going to speak to the artist Monday. So, my excitement has turned into a bit of disappointment. On a positive note, they have been so kind and understanding. Not sure why, but the pictures did not attach with the below e-mail I received from them. The wait continues.

as promised the master realized your nice bowl for September (see pictures
attached).
It measure about cm. 33 (13 inches) of diameter and about cm. 10 (4 inches)
of height.

I do not know the day of your birthday but...Happy Birthday! :-)

I wait for your kind confirmation to ship it and I remain at your full
disposal

Have a lovely week-end

Claudia
LINEA MURANO ART

So, the wait continues!!! :)

Anyone else anxiously awaiting 2015 summer schedule? Hope they come out with something special!!!

Oh my goodness, that is so disappointing. I hope they make the one you want and wouldn't it be a nice surprise if they sent both for the inconvenience?

I always love to see where Disney is going next but I have been informed that we won't be going back to Europe for awhile. :( I will have to work on that one.

Kay

It's been a long wait, but I just received an e-mail that my bowl was complete. Unfortunately, the bowl the artist created was not to the specifications I requested. It was the correct color, but my bowl was to be 6-8" tall with a bigger base and less of a top rim. I have e-mailed her back, and she is going to speak to the artist Monday. So, my excitement has turned into a bit of disappointment. On a positive note, they have been so kind and understanding. Not sure why, but the pictures did not attach with the below e-mail I received from them. The wait continues.

as promised the master realized your nice bowl for September (see pictures
attached).
It measure about cm. 33 (13 inches) of diameter and about cm. 10 (4 inches)
of height.

I do not know the day of your birthday but...Happy Birthday! :-)

I wait for your kind confirmation to ship it and I remain at your full
disposal

Have a lovely week-end

Claudia
LINEA MURANO ART

So, the wait continues!!! :)

Anyone else anxiously awaiting 2015 summer schedule? Hope they come out with something special!!!

Oh my goodness, that is so disappointing. I hope they make the one you want and wouldn't it be a nice surprise if they sent both for the inconvenience?

I always love to see where Disney is going next but I have been informed that we won't be going back to Europe for awhile. :( I will have to work on that one.

Kay

Do you mean your family is not going back for a while, or Disney is not have med cruises in 2015? I'm kinda hoping they have Baltic cruises in 2015 instead of Med ones

Oh yeah, just our family. If you have not been on a Baltic Cruise and Disney has another one you have to book it. That was an amazing trip.
Kay

Do you mean your family is not going back for a while, or Disney is not have med cruises in 2015? I'm kinda hoping they have Baltic cruises in 2015 instead of Med ones

A Baltic cruise is what our family is hoping for!!! Or anything new and special!!

Kay, you have over a year to work on your family! There's still hope!! ;)

Here are the instructions for making the Mickey shaped word-art like is shown in a few posts above. I got the instructions originally from a DISer on the Greece cruise and modified them to make them a bit more streamlined. There is a file that is necessary for the Mickey head that I'm not sure if I can attach here or if I post it here, it might shrink it too much - so if you want it, send me a PM with your email address and I'll email it to you. I check DIS a few times a day :)

So onto the instructions:

These are instructions on how to use www.tagxedo.com to make a Mickey-Head shaped graphic that has words inserted in it.

1. If you want it in the shape of Mickey Ears, you need to download the plain black mickey ears jpg file (PM me for it). Put that somewhere on your computer where you'll have easy access to it because you will upload it to tagxedo later. I save stuff like that right to my desktop so I don't have to drill for it. They have some pre-set shapes that you can use and/or experiment with to see how it works.

2. Make a list of all the words you want to display in the image. Use notepad or word to create it in, with one word per line. If you have two words that you want to stay together (like La Spezia), then you will need to put a ~ between the words instead of a space - so you would put La~Spezia instead of La Spezia. Save this file because you will copy/paste this list into the tagxedo site.

3. Go to http://www.tagxedo.com/ and once there, look to the top right and you'll see the word CREATE. Click that CREATE and a new page will open.

4. On the left side, you will see the word LOAD... Click that and it will pop open a box for you to use to put your words into. The easiest thing to do is to copy/paste the list of words you made in step 2 into the ENTER TEXT portion of the pop-up box. The box can be sensitive if your mouse doesn't stay over it so just move your mouse so you can see the box to paste your words into. If you have more words, you can add them here as well (or if you want to skip step 2 and just enter the words here, you can do that as well). After you have the words in, press SUBMIT button to the right. It will take a minute and the image will "respin" and you will see they replace the words in the sample that it started out with.

5. To have the shape change to a Mickey Head shape, you'll need to use the black arrow that is by the word SHAPE on the leftside. That will bring up a box with a variety of shapes to choose from, but the Mickey Head is one you will have to upload. Near the bottom below the images is a place to ADD IMAGE. Click that and then follow the dialog box to browse/drill to where you saved the Mickey Head jpg from step 1. That will upload the image to tagxedo for this session. After the image uploads, a box will appear that has COMMIT BRUSH which you will want to set to WHITE and INTERIOR which you will want to set to BLACK. Be sure to click the ACCEPT button afterwards.

6. To change the colors, you'll want to look for the word THEME that is on the leftside of the screen (above where SHAPE was in step 5) and click on the black arrow next to it. This will bring up a variety of theme colors that have been pre-determined. The one I used before was HAPPY BRIGHTS but you can see there are a lot of choices.

7. To change the fonts, use the FONT button that you'll see just below THEME and click the black arrow to see font choices. I chose 4-5 different fonts - just look at them to decide which ones you want to use and play around with it.

8. You need not do anything with the Orientation setting, unless you want a sideways or upside down set of mickey ears.........

9. Once you have done that, then the website should build your graphics file. You should then click "Save | Share" - it will ask you what size graphic you want - if you are making a t-shirt, you want a bigger graphic (16MP PNG). If you are making a magnet, then the 4MP PNG. Save the image to your computer. You can save multiple times so you can save the same image in different sizes depending on what you want to do with it.

10. If you want to make more of these during the session, you can - just go to the LOAD to change the words, or THEMES to change colors or FONT to change the fonts. Just remember to save the images you want because if you don't, you'll have to start all over. And if you close out of tagxedo before you're done, you'll have to start over including reuploading the Mickey Head image.

I know it has been over 3 years since you posted this, but I just wanted to say thank you so much! I came about this on Pinterest while figuring out door decorations for our upcoming honeymoon cruise, and I am SO over-the-top happy that I found this. Thank you so much for documenting the process and spreading the magic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter