June 26, 2015 Dream Double Dip Bahamas

Howdy y'all from Texas. I'm 99% sure this is the cruise I will be booked on, but my mother is booking so it may change, but I am getting ahead of myself by posting because I am so excited! This will be my first cruise ever and I am excited it will be on DCL. I have read so much about it and know it will be so much fun. Traveling with me will be my husband Josh, my brother Don and his wife Valerie, their DD Audrey (6), and my mother Judy. We decided to get three cabins so that everyone will have room and my brother and his wife and my husband and I can go have fun while my mom and niece have slumber parties LOL. I was wanting to know more about FE and what it is all about. Is it always Disney related gifts? Does anyone know of a new sew pattern for the door hangers? Fill me in because I think it would be fun to do. Thanks!

Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM. If no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, perhaps someone can start that right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

we were finally able to grab a concierge stateroom so we booked today! our son turns six on this cruise.

we were finally able to grab a concierge stateroom so we booked today! our son turns six on this cruise.

We will be in concierge with you! Have you cruised concierge before? We have on the Fantasy and it was awesome. Can't wait!

We will be in concierge with you! Have you cruised concierge before? We have on the Fantasy and it was awesome. Can't wait!

fun! we have! on the magic many years ago and more recently on the fantasy and twice on the dream. we love it! very much looking forward to two castaway cay trips! hopefully we can get a cabana for both stops :)

fun! we have! on the magic many years ago and more recently on the fantasy and twice on the dream. we love it! very much looking forward to two castaway cay trips! hopefully we can get a cabana for both stops :)

Someday I want to be able to afford concierge! I'm sure it is great!

Also, is there anyone interested in sharing a cabana one of the days? It is just myself, my husband, and our 9 yo son. Seems like a waste for just 3 of us.

We are cruising with another family who also are staying concierge (their first time). We are planning for us to book a cabana the first day and they will book for the second. So excited!

any significant differences between concierge on Fantasy vs. Dream?

Just booked this cruise to celebrate my daughter finishing grade school .... this will be my 4th cruise .... kinda becoming an addiction .... LOL .... I would like to participate in the FE is there is one being organized . :cool1:

We're IN
Our group isn't as large as last time but there will be nine of us. You'll have no trouble finding us. We will be the family in matching outfits (yes, all five days)

Day #1 - Red Hawaiian Shirts

Day #2 - Blue Hawaiian Shirts

Day #3 - Gold Tropical Outfits

Day #4 - Purple Floral Shirts

Day #5 - Virginia is for Lovers Shirts

The Gang
DH - Me (retired US Navy - 23 years submarine force)
DW - Scrapbooking Guru, loves fishing
DD - 12 year old, soccer loving, Goofy crazed

My Sister - College Professor who lets her hair down
Sister's Husband - Easy going, loves fishing
Sister's Daughter - 16 year old, soccer/basketball track star, "Miss Personality"

Niece - Laid Back (First Time Cruiser)
Niece Husband - 6'6" Security Officer (First Time Cruiser)
Little Nephew - 6 year old Ball of Fire

See you onboard. Any one care to "challenge" us with matching outfits?

I just reserved my room. It will be my 9yo daughter and I on our first cruise. I'm excited, but also overwhelmed…there's so much to learn. Any advice? I'm excited about the fish exchange…a lot like Girl Scout SWAPS.

I just reserved my room. It will be my 9yo daughter and I on our first cruise. I'm excited, but also overwhelmed…there's so much to learn. Any advice? I'm excited about the fish exchange…a lot like Girl Scout SWAPS.

Hi, shadley!

... I'm excited about the fish exchange…a lot like Girl Scout SWAPS.

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS where FE began years ago.

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin. Other information you would like to share such as first names, ages of child participants, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, since no one has come forward to organize a FE for this cruise here on the DIS, please feel free to start the FE right in this thread. There is certainly plenty of time to plan a FE for this cruise. All it takes is for someone to maintain a list of/for those participating which can easily be done in this thread. Many Cruise Meet threads have been doing it this way for years now here on the DIS.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Hi all! My 11-year-old son and I will be joining you on this cruise. It's our third Disney cruise in 3 years, our goal is to do all four ships in four years. We're also interested in the fish extender if that gets up and running!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

We are joining you on this Disney Cruise. This will be our fifth Disney cruise and grandson never wants to get off the ship! We will be going to DW for a week before the cruise. He is 11 and will be 12 in August. His cousin is coming with us and she is 8 going on 15. Our son and daughter in law will join us for the cruise.

We love doing the fish extenders and have them. I would be willing to help coordinate the FE since I'm retired and have time to help out. I just never know what to do, but sure have received some awesome gifts. The kids love looking in them to see their surprises. Let me know.

We are Doug and Margaret and are from Phoenix, AZ. Our son lives in Tempe, AZ right across I-10.

I have another question concerning Atlantis. Has anyone ever gone there for the day to use the water park? I'm not sure if Disney has an excursion or even if Atlantis sells day passes. Any information would be appreciated.

Let me know about the FE and we can start rolling.......Margaret

It would be awesome if you wanted to start a FE group, Margaret! It think we would all agree.

I beleieve there is an excursion through Disney for Atlantis, really expensive. Ive also heard that you can book a room for one night at a hotle, not th Atlantis, and it cmes with four tickets to the waterpark. You check in and check out at the same time and they hand you your tickets. Much cheaper. Search these boards....I saw the info here somewhere.

It would be awesome if you wanted to start a FE group, Margaret! It think we would all agree.

I beleieve there is an excursion through Disney for Atlantis, really expensive. Ive also heard that you can book a room for one night at a hotle, not th Atlantis, and it cmes with four tickets to the waterpark. You check in and check out at the same time and they hand you your tickets. Much cheaper. Search these boards....I saw the info here somewhere.
Thanks....I know it's expensive, so it's probably not going to happen.
Margaret

OK...here goes...I checked the Cruise Critic boards to see if anyone had started a thread for our cruise, but as they say nothing. So, let's get started with our list for FE. Currently it's small so we will see where it goes.

We will need a list of everyone interested. Please post name and ages of your children, room number and how many adults are travelling with you. Most FE gifts are for the kids. Some people leave one general gift per cabin. It's totally up to you. Everyone is so creative with their gifts.

Send me a message here and I'll start the list.

Margaret

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter