June 23, 2013 Dream - 4 Nights to the Bahamas

Hello all! This cruise will be the second half of our first back-to-back cruise. It will be my DH Buddy, Myself (Tracy), DD Kaylee age 9, and DD Emily age 7. On our previous Disney cruises our kids started emailing and calling other children that will be on the cruise so that when they get onboard they already have friends. Any parents that would like to let their kids participate, please PM me. We have also done fish extenders in the past and enjoyed the surprises and making the gifts! Looking forward to having fun with everyone!

Hello! I just booked last night for this cruise! woohoo! We are a group of 4 adults! It will be ALL of our first time sailing! Looking forward to it! 156 days! We are heading to Animal Kingdom Villas afterwards!!

what is fish extenders? And yes I would be interested in our daughters being in contact- weaverdream02

We have also done fish extenders in the past and enjoyed the surprises and making the gifts! Looking forward to having fun with everyone!

My family participated in fish extenders on our last Disney cruise, and it added so many fun memories to our vacation. If there's going to be a fish extender group on this sailing, we're totally in! :cheer2:

what is fish extenders? And yes I would be interested in our daughters being in contact- weaverdream02

If you search "Fish Extenders" on the disboards, there's some detailed info. I saw this post on another thread and thought it was a nice summary:

"Fish Extenders are a fun activity for the entire family to participate in while on your Disney cruise. Each participating family makes or buys a FE to hang outside your stateroom door. Each FE has at least one pocket for gifts to be left in, most have multiple pockets, one for each member of the family. Either one is perfectly acceptable. There are tons of pictures available online for you to get ideas. Also if you would prefer to buy your FE check out sites like ETSY and ebay. As for the gifts that are put in your FE they are either handmade or purchased. Don't break the bank with the gifts it is the thought that counts. Gifts can be anything you can think of, candy, pencils, magnets, etc. The gifts can be personalized to each individual or family in a stateroom or generic. You can gift as many times as you would like to on the cruise or just once, there is no set of rules."

Thanks for the information. After posting my message I did some research and ound out what fish extenders were. I think they're cool and would be a lot of fun so count me and my family in too. Applefans- do you have kids that will be on the cruise with you?

I have read alot of information about the FE this afternoon and it does sound like a lot of fun. If your girls would be interested in corresponding my 6 yr old please let me know. We actually have not told her about the cruise just yet but will be doing so soon. We're just trying to figure out the best way to do it. We will also be celebrating her 7th birthday while on the cruise as her birthday is the 22nd of june.

Glad to see there is interest in the FE! My cousin will for sure join with her hubby and daughter who is 9! I wish I was going to be on the cruise too I just booked it for her! :)

For those interested in the FE gift exchange who wants to be the moderator? I've participated but never moderated before. Our last DCL cruise in December had somewhere near 65 cabins. We split them up into groups of 20 with the last 5 cabins being a late joining crew. (new to the DISboards and signing up after the official closing of the group)
I've done FEs on each of my prior cruises and they are fun. :thumbsup2

Hello all,
With so many new cruisers I thought I'd post a picture of my DCL cabin door. This is from our 2012 Xmas cruise on the Fantasy. The FE is hanging from the sea horse. Not all of them are fish but still same concept.
For you new cruisers do t forget to visit the cruise magnet board and perhaps request a design for your door or if you are artistically inclined draw one up and print it out.
Remember there can only be magnets attaching items no sticky stuff. It's against

8474865492_559372b5ee_d.jpg

I'm really surprised that more people have not joined this thread for the cruise. Because it seems like there are a lot of people that have signed up for fish extenders or meet and greets on other cruises. Is there another thread/board somewhere?

I haven't seen another thread for this cruise...

Love your picture, DisneyDee! We hung a personalized tote bag on the seahorse to collect our FE gifts, and it worked great.

Let's get the FE list started! I'll start the list, and if anyone would like to be the moderator, please feel free to jump in!

What cut-off date for signing up should we use? We'd need to give everyone enough time to get together their FE gifts, so maybe 1 month before the cruise? Does May 23, 2013 work for everyone?

If you'd like to participate in the FE, please add your family's info to this list. If the list starts becoming too long as the date gets closer, or if people want to include more details, we can switch over to a google doc or closed facebook group. Sound ok?

Here's my family's info:
Stateroom #: 10630
Disboards Name: applefans
People participating: Me, DH, DD11, DD8, DD3
Allergies: Peanuts
Favorite characters: DD11 Winnie the Pooh, DD8 Sally from Cars, DD3 Any princess!

Hi please add my cousin to the FE list! She isn't very computer savvy but I will keep up on this for her and give her the room list before they go!

Stateroom #: GTY
Disboards Name: KJack89048
People participating: Nicole DW, Sean DH, Avril DD9
Allergies: Nine that i know of.
Favorite characters: Any of them!

We would like to participate as well.

Stateroom: 7042
Disboards Name: BookBabe
People Participate: Jennifer, Jack DS11
Allergies: none
Favorite characters: Love them all but Jennifer is partial to Woody and Jack is partial to Stitch and Jack Skellington

If anyone has kids who are going to be going to The Edge and are interested in emailing before the cruise, let me know and I will PM you DS11's email address. He makes friends easily and hangs out with all types of kids.

Here's the running list so far...

Cut-off date to sign up for FEs: 5/23/13 (Is everyone ok with this?)

Stateroom #: 10630
Disboards Name: applefans
People participating: Me, DH, DD11, DD8, DD3
Allergies: Peanuts
Favorite characters: DD11 Winnie the Pooh, DD8 Sally from Cars, DD3 Any princess!

Stateroom #: GTY
Disboards Name: KJack89048
People participating: Nicole DW, Sean DH, Avril DD9
Allergies: Nine that i know of.
Favorite characters: Any of them!

Stateroom: 7042
Disboards Name: BookBabe
People Participate: Jennifer, Jack DS11
Allergies: none
Favorite characters: Love them all but Jennifer is partial to Woody and Jack is partial to Stitch and Jack Skellington

Love your door! Did you print your mouse ears on magnet paper or did you attach magnets to the back after printing?

I've been combing through FE gift ideas and am excited to get started making some!

I'm also starting to plan our FE gifts!

BookBabe, we made some door decorations for our last cruise, and I used small pieces of magnetic tape. We also got several magnets as FE gifts on that cruise, and most of those were printed on magnetic paper. Both ways work great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter