June 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - New Season, New Start

PollyannaMom

I was a click-clack champ!!
JUNE 2023 W.I.S.H. - :sunny:New Season, New Start:sunny:

Welcome to the June 2023 W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) Thread!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals!

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format: MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY

June Hosts ~
5/29-6/4: ShannyMcB

6/5-6/11: PAsFab5
6/12-6/18: Oneanne
6/19-6/25: newski_mom

6/26-7/2: Summer2018

Last edited:
I'm Summer...58 years old, married 30 years this July to my DH, 63. We have one DD, 25. I'm a veteran early childhood teacher in an inner city public school currently teaching kindergarten. I use MyFitnessPal working hard on my goal to become healthier and in better physical condition. My ultimate goal is to lose 60 more pounds. I have discovered that my post menopausal body will not allow me to lose more than one pound a week, maybe two if I’m lucky. I am working on accepting that and trying hard to be consistent and treat this as a forever lifestyle rather than a temporary fix.
IMG_1168.jpeg

JUNE 2023 W.I.S.H. - :sunny:New Season, New Start:sunny:

Welcome to the June 2023 W.I.S.H. (We're Inspired to Stay Healthy) Thread!

We're here to support each other with kindness as we each work on becoming or staying healthy. Everyone is invited, and we're looking forward to catching up with regulars and welcoming newcomers. So, hop aboard and post your personal goals!

We have weekly volunteer hosts and typically follow a Monday-Sunday format: MOTIVATION MONDAY - TOPIC TUESDAY - WOOHOO WEDNESDAY - THANKFUL THURSDAY - FREE FOR ALL FRIDAY - SOCIAL SATURDAY - SELF-CARE SUNDAY

June Hosts ~
5/29-6/4: ShannyMcB

6/5-6/11: PAsFab5
6/12-6/18: Oneanne
6/19-6/25:

6/26-7/2: Summer2018

Oops - at the end of the May thread, I posted that I could do the week of 6/12 - 6/18 and I see @Oneanne had already claimed it. I will be leaving on 6/22, but I think I can still do the 6/19-6/25 week. I may post at odd times, but I should be fine with it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

I'm Becky - 52 year old mom of 3 great kids - DD26, DD25 and DS20 - married to DH for 31 years. I lost 50 pounds in 2020 and then gained it all back :o . I did it once, I know I can do it again! After that, I still have at least 30 to go after that, but I'll get to that in due time.

May was kind of a wash for me. I did way too much celebrating, so maybe I'll consider it a push that I didn't gain anything, even though I'm a little upset with myself that I really didn't lose anything either.

I'm an accountant at work, so deal with numbers all day. I gravitate toward counting calories because that makes sense to me. I track everything in loseit right now and it usually keeps me on track. Now that I'm older, the amount of calories I am "allowed" is lower that when I was younger, so I try to be happy with a slower loss. I know it's a lifetime journey, so there's no real hurry to try to get to a finish line or anything.

My goals for this month:

Lose 5 pounds before we leave on our trip on June 23rd. That will be a stretch, but I don't really have anything "extra" coming up before that, so I'm hopeful I can keep myself on track and push for that loss.

Track everyday - even if it's not perfect

Get at least 7,500 steps 5 days a week

Shannon: 40 from RI
Mom to DS10, DS8 and DD4. Married for 15 years, been working in banking for just a smidge longer.
My goal is increasing muscle tone. I don't like scales they make me anxious so I measure progress via my jeans...goal is to get the waist band back to lying flat instead of rolling every time I move.

What is motivating me? Getting MOVING. This weekend is a good time for that. The craft fair in the neighborhood is a great walk, especially since the road it is hosted on was re-paved. Had some very yummy salads this week with greens from my garden. The unseasonable heat a few weeks backed caused some pre-mature wilting and bolting so I had to do some additional planting this weekend so it'll be awhile before I have enough to pick. Having veggies in the yard as opposed to having to go to the store is a huge help!

Tomorrow I am doing a personal summer kickoff with a haircut and a pedi. And I ordered some new nailpolish yesterday in very summery colors...I am a bit obsessed with nailpolish.

Hello, friends!

I'm a 37 year old mom of three who is almost through chemo for Hodgkins lymphoma: last infusion is scheduled for 6/16. In my cancer beforetimes, I was very active and maintained a healthy weight. Then, the cancer caused me increasing fatigue and weight loss over the six months that I was searching for my diagnosis. When we finally figured out what was ailing me, I had been forced to give up all exercise and was still barely making it through the day to be awake later than my 9 year olds.

Chemo has put me in a very weird sort of limbo. I gained back all of my weight plus ten pounds with the "Screw it, I have cancer, I'll eat what I want" mindset. My activity levels vary wildly depending on where I am in my every-other-week infusion cycle. I have 2-3 total crap days, 2-3 transitional days, and then hopefully 9 good, strong days before I have to go beat myself up all over again.

My goals are:
1) Be gentle with myself on my 2-3 total crap days. Eat what I need to in order to keep the nausea at bay, even if it's just junk food, and rest as much as I need to.
2) Use my 2-3 transitional days to reset into healthier choices. Once the nausea fades, make better food choices again. Once the fatigue lets up, start with yoga and pilates again. Start running when it feels right. (This past cycle my Thursday run was really hard, so I might have to wait the full week and try running again on my off Friday)
3) Use the rest of my good cycle days to stay active, run 5ks, strength train, and make solid food choices.

I *should* be well positioned to finish chemo with a good base to rebuild my strength and endurance, as well as a body that still fits into my current clothes. Then, for the first time in a year (!!!), I'll have both cancer and chemo behind me. I'm not trying to get my "old self" back (she's gone and that kind of thinking can be really disheartening), but I'm hoping my new, cancer-free self will be able to get up to longer runs, faster paces, heavier weights, and 5-10 fewer pounds. That's definitely a long term goal, not just June, but I finally get to start that path at the end of this month!

My next infusion is Friday, so I'm firmly in the good days. I've got a 5k scheduled this morning to start the week of right!

I'm Becky - 52 year old mom of 3 great kids - DD26, DD25 and DS20 - married to DH for 31 years. I lost 50 pounds in 2020 and then gained it all back :o . I did it once, I know I can do it again! After that, I still have at least 30 to go after that, but I'll get to that in due time.

May was kind of a wash for me. I did way too much celebrating, so maybe I'll consider it a push that I didn't gain anything, even though I'm a little upset with myself that I really didn't lose anything either.

I'm an accountant at work, so deal with numbers all day. I gravitate toward counting calories because that makes sense to me. I track everything in loseit right now and it usually keeps me on track. Now that I'm older, the amount of calories I am "allowed" is lower that when I was younger, so I try to be happy with a slower loss. I know it's a lifetime journey, so there's no real hurry to try to get to a finish line or anything.

My goals for this month:

Lose 5 pounds before we leave on our trip on June 23rd. That will be a stretch, but I don't really have anything "extra" coming up before that, so I'm hopeful I can keep myself on track and push for that loss.

Track everyday - even if it's not perfect

Get at least 7,500 steps 5 days a week
You and I share similar circumstances. I’m on 1470 calories in order to lose a pound a week. I certainly can’t eat any less in order to lose more. My doctor offered me Ozembic, which made me very angry. First of all, I am not diabetic and my A1C is normal. Second of all, there’s not enough medication for those who actually need it. And thirdly, I have GERD so losing weight through vomiting and diarrhea would be dangerous for me.

I get very frustrated when I watch what others eat, and it blows my mind that they are thin. This is reality, and I must accept that this is my lifestyle now. In the long run, I know that I will be proud of myself.

I’m so happy that I got in the pool yesterday. The water was 88 degrees and felt so amazing. I’m so glad we went through all that nonsense (multiple inspections and many issues) and expense last summer to install the heater. It was worth it.

My allergies suffered last night. Lots of post nasal drip and coughing, but not bad enough to stop me from enjoying the pool again today.

Happy Memorial Day everyone!

I'm Nicole, 52, living with DH, DS(22) and several pets in Massachusetts.

I'm currently "semi-retired" so what I need to work on most is establishing good routines (fitness, housework, all of it...)

Motivation this week is reaching my minutes goal in the exercise thread.

View attachment 763786
Motivation Monday! What is putting a pep in your step?
And...intros if you are so inclined!
How I :love:LOVE my coffee:coffee:. I just poured my first cup of Dunkin Donuts dark roast combined with decaf, half and half, and raw sugar. It is truly the nectar of the gods!

Summer coming is putting pep in my step! Also the fact that I'm making progress, slowly as it may be. Slow and steady wins the race!!!

You and I share similar circumstances. I’m on 1470 calories in order to lose a pound a week. I certainly can’t eat any less in order to lose more. My doctor offered me Ozembic, which made me very angry. First of all, I am not diabetic and my A1C is normal. Second of all, there’s not enough medication for those who actually need it. And thirdly, I have GERD so losing weight through vomiting and diarrhea would be dangerous for me.

I get very frustrated when I watch what others eat, and it blows my mind that they are thin. This is reality, and I must accept that this is my lifestyle now. In the long run, I know that I will be proud of myself.
Same here. I have to stay between 1200 and 1500 calories, and that is with an hour+ exercise each day to burn enough to maintain the 500 calorie deficit. But it is working.

Hello June!

I'm Lizanne, a single lady living in a lovely little town on the Olympic Peninsula of Washing State. I've been over weight most of my adult life and am just now getting it all together and getting weight management under control. Just did the math and since early last year, when I was at my highest, I've lost 58 pounds... wow, in my mind I had that it was around -30. My target is to lose another 30 by the end of 2023, which will put me at a very good weight for my age.

Goals for June:
- lose 3 more pounds before I leave for the Alaska cruise on 6.19... that's now just 3 weeks away (woohoo!), so I have to stay focused.
- maintain my weight while on the cruise, and have an incredibly fabulous time... or if I gain anything be back at my pre-cruise weight by the end of the month.
- walk at least 8000 steps per day, which will mean a lot of walking around the ship (again - woohoo!).

Hello June!

I'm Lizanne, a single lady living in a lovely little town on the Olympic Peninsula of Washing State. I've been over weight most of my adult life and am just now getting it all together and getting weight management under control. Just did the math and since early last year, when I was at my highest, I've lost 58 pounds... wow, in my mind I had that it was around -30. My target is to lose another 30 by the end of 2023, which will put me at a very good weight for my age.

Goals for June:
- lose 3 more pounds before I leave for the Alaska cruise on 6.19... that's now just 3 weeks away (woohoo!), so I have to stay focused.
- maintain my weight while on the cruise, and have an incredibly fabulous time... or if I gain anything be back at my pre-cruise weight by the end of the month.
- walk at least 8000 steps per day, which will mean a lot of walking around the ship (again - woohoo!).
You are my hero!

HI! I am Lena and I am 35! I am a Special Education ParaEducator and I work in the K/1 area, but due to being short staffed, I tend to run all around the school!

My DH is Sam and we have been together for 20 years and married 15

We are in the middle of Kansas!

He is currently having some medical issues and we are driving back and forth to the VA Hospital in Wichita.

I am on Weight Watchers and have been doing pretty well! I have lost about 90 pounds and my goal is 150 lost! When I loose 100, i have a friend who is a photograher who wants to do a photo shoot with me and I have a friend who will do my makeup and my hair! I'm really excited!

**Not sure if its allowed or not, but if anyone is intersted in WW, I have a invite a friend code I would be happy to share!**

May was a ****Show with all of the medical stuff going on but Juen is a new month!

My goal for the week is to survivie?? I start my "walking to disney" challenge on the first so I will hopefully be gettin gin some extra steps!

Last edited:
HI! I am Lena and I am 35! I am a Special Education ParaEducator and I work in the K/1 area, but due to being short staffed, I tend to run all around the school!

My DH is Sam and we have been together for 20 years and married 15

We are in the middle of Kansas!

He is currently having some medical issues and we are driving back and forth to the VA Hospital in Wichita.

I am on Weight Watchers and have been doing pretty well! I have lost about 90 pounds and my goal is 150 lost! When I loose 100, i have a friend who is a photograher who wants to do a photo shoot with me and I have a friend who will do my makeup and my hair! I'm really excited!

**Not sure if its allowed or not, but if anyone is intersted in WW, I have a invite a friend code I would be happy to share!**

May was a ****Show with all of the medical stuff going on but Juen is a new month!

My goal for the week is to survivie?? I start my "walking to disney" challenge on the first so I will hopefully be gettin gin some extra steps!
Welcome! A walking to Disney challenge sounds fun. I’ll have to map it out (I’d be going from the upper left corner of the country to the lower right, so quite a distance) And see if I can “walk” to WDW by the time of my next trip in early April 2024.

I did my monthly intro and goals but forgot this weeks motivation… which is being motivated make it a week of dealing with annoyances.

First is to that I got the anti-deer wire fencing up yesterday and I'm rather pleased with myself that I figured out something that wasn't super expensive, didn't require altering the existing fence and looks like it is high enough to work.

Second, the neuropathy in my feet has really been bothering me and I finally remembered to get back to acupuncture and first appt is Weds. I’m also trying to get in for some reflexology. Hopefully I'll be able to get it turned around to the point where I can do more than 2 miles walking at a time.

Third my new glasses are ready, so I’m going in to Seattle and the office Thursday to pick them up. The ones I’ve been wearing are about 6 years old and don’t fit well and the prescription isn't right, so I’m thrilled to not have to wear them any more.

And lastly I've finally found new underwear that I like, so I can toss all my old and now saggy ones.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter