June 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - New Season, New Start

Today I am thankful that I’ve finally gotten it together and restarted acupuncture for my feet and found someone who I think is going to be very good to work with. I’ve already gotten relief from the first session.

I am also thankful that I own an electric blanket. I never use it because I seem to get over warm at night, but the acupuncturist recommended putting it across the foot of the bed and man was it cozy to tuck my cold sore little feet in to bed last night.

And I’m thankful for the beautiful weather and my trusty little car. I’ve just made the early morning drive to the ferry and it was so peaceful.

What are you thankful for this Thursday?

Today's topic in the gratitude thread is "Adventures" so this is what I said:

Several years ago (gosh, maybe 10??) DH, DS, and I did a ropes course up in New Hampshire. It was tough, but I felt so strong and confident after!

A recent surprise trip to see my Dad. Just DS and I this time (which was the adventurous part, because DH is usually the coordinator of all things flight, rental car, etc., but couldn't get away). We managed well and had such a good time!

Mini-adventures with kids - mornings at the beach, day trips into Boston... One summer when DS was little, we made a goal of visiting the playgrounds in all the neighboring towns, and few years ago, I did the same with libraries with my friends' twins.

Thankful today for this gorgeous and dry weather, I am getting a little spoiled I think. I can’t imagine waking up without sunshine at this point-although I know it will happen.

Thankful for my womens Bible study group. So blessed to have such a large group of women in my life who are loving, kind and supportive of anything and everything. We are having dinner together tonight to celebrate the end of our study and I am so looking forward to it.

Today I'm thankful for yoga. Even when I can't convince myself to do a full run or major workout, I can get myself moving with some yoga that always makes me feel a little better. As an added bonus, it's one of my distraction tools to keep myself from just fully wallowing as infusion day approaches.

I missed yesterday - Thankful that I have a flexible job so that I'm able to take my mom to doctor appointments without upsetting anything at work. I know not everyone has that and I'm thankful that I do!

This weekend, we don't have one thing planned. I'm not sure what we'll end up doing - possibly a movie tomorrow night, but I haven't really found anything we haven't seen yet that seems to WOW me, so who knows.

We have a little store in town called Three Charming Chicks - it is open the first weekend of every month, so I may go there tomorrow morning. It's such a unique store - it's kind of like a resale shop for housing and decorations, but everything is so nice. They stage the store and everything is so cute. Here's a screenshot from facebook of some of the stuff that they will have this weekend. If you want it, you have to pick it up because everything's unique.

1685712686158.png

I missed yesterday - Thankful that I have a flexible job so that I'm able to take my mom to doctor appointments without upsetting anything at work. I know not everyone has that and I'm thankful that I do!

This weekend, we don't have one thing planned. I'm not sure what we'll end up doing - possibly a movie tomorrow night, but I haven't really found anything we haven't seen yet that seems to WOW me, so who knows.

We have a little store in town called Three Charming Chicks - it is open the first weekend of every month, so I may go there tomorrow morning. It's such a unique store - it's kind of like a resale shop for housing and decorations, but everything is so nice. They stage the store and everything is so cute. Here's a screenshot from facebook of some of the stuff that they will have this weekend. If you want it, you have to pick it up because everything's unique.

View attachment 764723
My favorite kind of store!

Yesterday it was fun going in to the city but again a waste of a day work-wise. I did pick up my new glasses and love them. Also stopped at the store to get eye cream and ended up also getting a new foundation, it was so nice to be color matched instead of trying to guess getting something on-line.

After work today I have a class for a "full moon ceremony"... looking forward to it. Over the weekend no big plans, just house and garden stuff and enjoying summer.

Friiiiiiidaayyyyy!!!!

Foster puppy went on the adoption market last night! One of my previous adopters did express interest and that would be a dream come true for me. Two of my fosters in the same loving home 😍 I could not ask for more!! We will see what happens!

I babysat today and my niece and I played in the blow up pool and splash pad. We also took a lovely nap!! DD worked this evening and I just picked her up.

Tomorrow we are going to the spca in the morning. DD and her friends are having a surprise lunch for one friend to celebrate her graduation. DD works in the evening and I am going to spend my Mother’s Day gift card at the nail salon and get my nails done after dropping her off.

I hope everyone’s weekend is great!!!

Happy weekend. I'm fully in the chemo dumps, but at least I can officially say I only have one more infusion scheduled.

My plans for the weekend including being asleep, watching trash TV, and somehow getting 3 kids in full hair, makeup, and costume to get to their dance recital Sunday afternoon.

I am *not* a hair and makeup kind of lady, so doing it x3 has always been a real struggle. Not looking forward to taking that on during chemo fatigue, but I had no control over recital timing. My white counts are the lowest they've been this whole time, so I'm going to just wait in the lobby for most of the show and only sneak in the back to see their performance. Even masked, I can't be exposing myself to that many people for 90 minutes.

Happy weekend. I'm fully in the chemo dumps, but at least I can officially say I only have one more infusion scheduled.

My plans for the weekend including being asleep, watching trash TV, and somehow getting 3 kids in full hair, makeup, and costume to get to their dance recital Sunday afternoon.

I am *not* a hair and makeup kind of lady, so doing it x3 has always been a real struggle. Not looking forward to taking that on during chemo fatigue, but I had no control over recital timing. My white counts are the lowest they've been this whole time, so I'm going to just wait in the lobby for most of the show and only sneak in the back to see their performance. Even masked, I can't be exposing myself to that many people for 90 minutes.
Sounds like you have a good plan in place to watch the recital and keep yourself healthy.

Don’t push yourself too hard with the hair and makeup, the girls will be gorgeous no matter what 💜💜💜

1685803948830.png

:hug: gentle hugs

1685819067095.png

The Full Moon Ritual I went to yesterday was perfection, it's been a long time since I've done anything like that and it really hit the spot.

So far today I've wandered thru the Farmer's Market and gone downtown to get a proper scone for breakfast and across the street finishers were coming in for the Seventy48 race... human powered "boats" which had made their way from Tacoma, which is down sound 70 miles away (the 48 is how many hours it should take).

1685819425953.png

I love this town more and more each day and each day I am more amazed at what summer can be.

:hug:

Self-care today is taking the ferry across to head down to the mall where the closest Nordstrom is located to make several returns. I’m already at the ferry dock waiting for the boat… it is another gloriously beautiful day. When I get back home it will be finishing up the weekend household chores and getting out for a good long evening walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter