June 2023 Car Rental

And also check the Thrifty site directly. I’m getting the same price using my blue chip discount as I am on Autoslash so l booked direct to avoid any possible issue.
Thanks a lot for this info. I had Autoslash check again and Thrifty came up $283 for our standard SUV. As mentioned above, my rewards # didn’t transfer, so I made a reservation at the Thrifty site while logged in to my account. What I finished with was a rate for $248 for our 10 day rental on June 1st! I think I’m done looking as I can’t conceivably see getting anything lower (Who am I kidding, I’ll keep looking until the day before we leave).

Thanks a lot for this info. I had Autoslash check again and Thrifty came up $283 for our standard SUV. As mentioned above, my rewards # didn’t transfer, so I made a reservation at the Thrifty site while logged in to my account. What I finished with was a rate for $248 for our 10 day rental on June 1st! I think I’m done looking as I can’t conceivably see getting anything lower (Who am I kidding, I’ll keep looking until the day before we leave).
I will check right up to the day we leave too. People think I’m crazy but I love a good deal!

I just realized that when I signed up for a Thrifty rewards number, it associated a corporate # when I booked directly. That’s why my current rate was about $40 less than the Autoslash/Priceline rate. The CPD# is 3070631, in case you want to try it.

Booked 8 day manager's special through AAA with Dollar for $240 (free cancellation). I feel like I won the lottery, even though I don't love Dollar, either.

Just checked both AAA and CarRental Savers, and both could give me my now 7 day plus a couple hours rental for $207 with Thrifty. Thrifty site directly was $230.

Edited to add that when I put in promo code 101929 on Thrifty site directly it was $208, but when I went in to book that price directly on Thrifty the wild card option was gone. :(

Last edited:

Just checked both AAA and CarRental Savers, and both could give me my now 7 day plus a couple hours rental for $207 with Thrifty. Thrifty site directly was $230.

Edited to add that when I put in promo code 101929 on Thrifty site directly it was $208, but when I went in to book that price directly on Thrifty the wild card option was gone. :(
For some reason mine is still cheaper using thrifty direct with the blue chip discount code. $214 for full-size for 10 days (Autoslash is $223). I could even get a compact as low as $195 but that’s just too small for my kids and I with luggage.

I was reading the Blue Chip benefits and it said first-time members can go directly to the garage and show your ID and credit card there, instead of the counter. Just wanted to let others like me, who are first-time Thrifty renters, know about this.

Has anybody in this thread factored in the PlatePass/Toll stuff into their rental cost? Thrifty's website is very vague about the cost of PlatePass, and it's an "opt in" thing which seems tricky if using BlueChip to go directly to the vehicle.

I don't want any surprise expenses at the end of my trip after getting the cheapest car possible!

Has anybody in this thread factored in the PlatePass/Toll stuff into their rental cost? Thrifty's website is very vague about the cost of PlatePass, and it's an "opt in" thing which seems tricky if using BlueChip to go directly to the vehicle.

I don't want any surprise expenses at the end of my trip after getting the cheapest car possible!
I'm using visitor toll pass from the kiosk in terminal A. It is far less expensive than the tolls through rental companies.

Oh
I'm using visitor toll pass from the kiosk in terminal A. It is far less expensive than the tolls through rental companies.
Oh good to know. I arrive at Terminal A but depart from B. Is there a way to drop the pass in B?

Edit***** I see on the website there is a map of drop box locations!

I always get an e-pass sticker online. I set up and account and the sticker is free. Once I have my rental, I stick it on the windshield and my tolls register and charge to my account. I don’t like to pay the extra toll fees that the rental agencies charge.

A few years ago, I purchased a Uni module for the Florida Epass system, which has suction cups, so it can be transferred from vehicle to vehicle. I just register the rental on my account and just check it occasionally. I like to add $10 when it gets low, before the auto-refill puts $20 in the account. The only thing you need to remember is to remove the module and the rental when finished with it. A nice thing about the pass is that you are charged discounted tolls, vs. the pay by plate rate.

FYI, possible issues with Thrifty. At MCO now and went to the garage and attendant said you can no longer go directly to garage with Blue Chip. Now you have to wait in line in terminal to get contract and then AGAIN in garage once you have contract. I am in line in terminal now. I will update once I get checked out.

UPDATE: yes, they discontinued direct to garage for both Thrifty and Dollar. You must get the contract inside and then get your car assigned in the garage. If you have another reservation, I would keep it.

Last edited:
FYI, possible issues with Thrifty. At MCO now and went to the garage and attendant said you can no longer go directly to garage with Blue Chip. Now you have to wait in line in terminal to get contract and then AGAIN in garage once you have contract. I am in line in terminal now. I will update once I get checked out.

UPDATE: yes, they discontinued direct to garage for both Thrifty and Dollar. You must get the contract inside and then get your car assigned in the garage. If you have another reservation, I would keep it.
Bummer, that’s a pain. I think the reservation mentioned a Blue Chip line. Did they have that?

Thank you for the update, that is very useful. Hope you don't get stuck in line too long.

Last edited:
Update. Only took about 15 minutes in line inside at Thrifty, no line in garage. Our flight arrived at 6:30pm on Sunday of the holiday weekend for reference. On full-size aisle they had a lot of Altima’s, an accord, some sonatas, and I got a Malibu. Hope that helps someone.

Update. Only took about 15 minutes in line inside at Thrifty, no line in garage. Our flight arrived at 6:30pm on Sunday of the holiday weekend for reference. On full-size aisle they had a lot of Altima’s, an accord, some sonatas, and I got a Malibu. Hope that helps someone.
Thank you for the update. That's not a bad wait at all. Enjoy your trip.

Well, we leave today and no further rate drops on our standard SUV rental through Thrifty. I‘m still thrilled with $248 for our 10 day rental starting on the 1st.

I had a Wild Card with Thrifty for $213 for 7 days plus two hours with AAA discount. Just checked and got a Thrifty Toyota Corolla (midsize?) for the same time, same discount, for $189. Yay. Pick up Sunday so I may not check again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter