June 2021 PTR "Let's make up for last year."

Yesterday, I waited on the phone for about 45 minutes to an hour to renew/upgrade my AP. I got a Premier because at Christmas, we are staying at the DoubleTree by Universal with points so we wanted early entry/express passes without staying onsite. Looking forward to all of the extra discounts as well this trip.

This morning, listening to the news, heard the vaccine should be ready very soon for 12 years old and older. My son is now 14. I really would like him to be vaccinated before we go. I keep having dreams about the airport as that is where I am most nervous about. DS and I were sick when we returned from our Christmas/NYE 2019 trip... He was sick for a day. I was sick for two months. I know we got it on the plane. I have heard from several folks that this is the first time they did NOT get sick on a trip to Orlando because of the masking/social distancing. I will just be so thankful if I can get him vaccinated prior to our trip.

Anyway, looking so forward to this trip!!!!!

I'm going in June, too! After you guys, though. (12th-19th) Never been to UOR and can't wait!

I also am turning 50 this year. 40 was whatever, but 50...that gives me pause! LOL.

I'm also hoping for vaccines for kids soon. My 18 year old son and I got our 2nd dose last Monday. My daughter who is 21 got hers a week earlier. My husband gets his next week. I also have a 14 year old and looking forward to him being vaccinated as well!

I'm going in June, too! After you guys, though. (12th-19th) Never been to UOR and can't wait!

I also am turning 50 this year. 40 was whatever, but 50...that gives me pause! LOL.

I'm also hoping for vaccines for kids soon. My 18 year old son and I got our 2nd dose last Monday. My daughter who is 21 got hers a week earlier. My husband gets his next week. I also have a 14 year old and looking forward to him being vaccinated as well!

Yay! Have a fun trip. And, I hope you can get your 14-year-old vaccinated soon as well!

Well, booked the uber to the airport. My guy is working that day and can't take us. UGH. BUT, he's picking us up when my son and I get home.

Also made a packing list. Last weekend, I made my son go through his clothes as he's had ANOTHER growth spurt. We donated about 3/4ths of his clothes. I think I'll need to run buy him some new clothes before the trip!

And, a couple weeks ago, he finally got to play in the high school symphonic band in a live concert (instead of zoom) for the first time since 2019. Couple pics attached. The goofy one is this kid's real personality!davy band.jpg

goofy davy band.jpg

And... we saw my mom for Mother's Day weekend. :)

davy and mom.jpg

So, having a great spring time -- but still excited for June 1!

Well, booked the uber to the airport. My guy is working that day and can't take us. UGH. BUT, he's picking us up when my son and I get home.

Also made a packing list. Last weekend, I made my son go through his clothes as he's had ANOTHER growth spurt. We donated about 3/4ths of his clothes. I think I'll need to run buy him some new clothes before the trip!

And, a couple weeks ago, he finally got to play in the high school symphonic band in a live concert (instead of zoom) for the first time since 2019. Couple pics attached. The goofy one is this kid's real personality!View attachment 574313

View attachment 574314

And... we saw my mom for Mother's Day weekend. :)

View attachment 574315

So, having a great spring time -- but still excited for June 1!

Plans are coming together Alice!!!

I`m struck by how much he has grown over the years too, he really is quite a young man to be proud of...and doesn`t hurt to have a quirky personality either......lol....

And glad you got to spend time with your mum......

Had my son try on his shorts last week. NONE fit. Ugh.
Just filled the back of my van with lots of thrift store donations!

The tough thing is he likes shorts to hit his knees. He is 5'10" and 110 pounds. Very difficult to find things that are narrow enough in the waist and also long enough for him. Found one style he likes at Kohls so bought four pairs! LOL.

Teenage boys are a trip!!

Had my son try on his shorts last week. NONE fit. Ugh.
Just filled the back of my van with lots of thrift store donations!

The tough thing is he likes shorts to hit his knees. He is 5'10" and 110 pounds. Very difficult to find things that are narrow enough in the waist and also long enough for him. Found one style he likes at Kohls so bought four pairs! LOL.

Teenage boys are a trip!!

Same. My son is not quite so tall but close and even lighter. He will ONLY wear sports clothes unless he has to dress up (as above). I want to scream. LOL. I should go to Kohl's. I found some at Target.

Plans are really shaping up with only a couple of weeks to go. Right now:

Tuesday, June 1:
Have an Uber scheduled to pick us up at 1 pm for 3:20 pm flight on Southwest. Have TSA-precheck. Yes!
We land in Orlando at 7:00 pm. Have the amazing Tony Hinds picking us up.
Heading to Portofino Bay for our first night! Bay view. Never stayed here and very excited.

Wednesday, June 2:
Hagrid's is a priority. We think we'll go to IOA first and try for it. Since we'll have Express Passes, don't really need to worry about anything else. If Velocicoaster is up, we may try. I want to see the line but am not so excited about ride. My son will probably love it though. Plan will be to head back to the room and pick up some Sal's for lunch. Hang out for the afternoon (I'm sure I'll catch some French Open action). Then, go back and have Three Broomsticks for dinner.

Thursday, June 3:
We'll probably try for early entry on the Universal Studios side. My son is a HUGE Knockturn Alley fan... so, if I had to guess, we'll run to Gringotts and then spend the rest of the morning hanging out casting spells. Have lunch reservations for The Kitchen over at Hard Rock. Then, will catch a Lyft/Uber to Disney.

We have a room at Animal Kingdom Villas with a Savannah view. VERY excited about that. We plan on getting Sanaa to go and enjoying the view in our room.

Friday, June 4:
Getting up EARLY to catch the bus to AK (and have luggage sent to Boardwalk Villas). Will likely tour AK until about lunch. Want to mobile order at Satuli as we haven't eaten there before.

Hopefully get into Boardwalk room to rest for the afternoon.

That night, plan on going to Hollywood Studios. Right now, plan on mobile ordering dinner at Docking Bay 7.

Saturday, June 5
Get up and try to get boarding group for ROTR. Go to DHS.
Have lunch reservations at 12:45 at Brown Derby (never been there).
May join @kittylady1972 for dessert also at Brown Derby at 2:15. (We knew our trips would overlap, but we seemed to have succeeded in making it difficult to meet up -- so hopefully at least by now we will have as she's leaving soon after this.)
Take an afternoon break.
Head to EPCOT for 6:30 Rose & Crown reservation.

Sunday, June 6
Getting up early to get bus to MK.
My son for a bit there thought he was "too old" for MK. Something has happened to change that (yes!). Plan on spending at least the morning there.
Have a lunch reservation for Liberty Tavern.
Take a break.

Hop to EPCOT. Have dinner reservations at Biergarten.

Monday, June 7
Getting up to try to get another Boarding Group for ROTR.
DHS. Have lunch reservations at Sci-Fi Diner. Davy wanted to go twice to eat here, but so far, have only scored one reservation.
Leave to head back to Universal side. Catch a Lyft or Uber.

Tuesday, June 8-10:
Back to Universal! We'll mostly play it by ear depending on what we accomplished the first round this trip. So nice not to have to plan too much for Universal!

June 10:
Heading back... Tony Hinds taking us to airport. Flight is at 7:30 pm, so still have time to enjoy the parks during the day.

Then, will be home around 9:15 pm our time. I will likely be a bit sad but will start looking forward then to our Christmas trip!

When Roland-Garros starts, I always think....ok, it`s summer now......or darn well should be!!

Love your itinerary.......and glad to see MK is back on the plans.....

I do hope you enjoy PB, it is a lovely resort. And you have to try the velocicoaster Alice....... ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

When Roland-Garros starts, I always think....ok, it`s summer now......or darn well should be!!

Love your itinerary.......and glad to see MK is back on the plans.....

I do hope you enjoy PB, it is a lovely resort. And you have to try the velocicoaster Alice....... ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

That you know the French Open is "really" Roland-Garros pleases me. LOL.

I'm really excited about MK myself. It's been quite a long time as we did not stop there in 2019.

I will try the velocicoaster if Davy wants to (he will). I will likely regret it. I used to LOVE coasters but as I have gotten older... whew-boy!

That you know the French Open is "really" Roland-Garros pleases me. LOL.

I'm really excited about MK myself. It's been quite a long time as we did not stop there in 2019.

I will try the velocicoaster if Davy wants to (he will). I will likely regret it. I used to LOVE coasters but as I have gotten older... whew-boy!

lol.....really?? Actually, now you mention it........I guess many do just say French Open. I don`t watch it as much as I used to years ago.....I miss the days when tennis stars had a genuine personality.....Jimmy Connors especially, he was hilarious.

Yes, sometimes our brains decide what we should and shouldn`t go on despite our hearts wanting to do it......oh yes, Davy will want to go on that!

So, I upgraded my AP to a Premier Pass but did it for a 2-park pass instead of 3 as Davy said he wasn't interested this year in going to Volcano Bay. I thought it was because of COVID -- he also said he didn't care about spending time at the pool. But, the other day, after I asked since he will be vaccinated, would he want to do Volcano Bay, he said it wasn't COVID -- he just did not like Volcano Bay when we went (we went early on when there were still many glitches). I'm not sure why he is meh about the pools. I loved Volcano Bay and am a bit disappointed but I'm good skipping it.

Davy is almost done with school. He will end up with all A's his Freshman year and should have a 4.22 GPA because of his weighted Honors class. This kid is amazing. He made this fantastic board game for his gifted class -- called "Chicken Factory," complete with a Chicken Apocalypse. He made these really cute game pieces out of clay. There are some "special" chickens -- a pirate, cowboy, robot. The game is really fun too. I should figure out how to trademark and distribute it! chickens.jpegspecial chickens.jpeg

So, we'll be over here playing "Chicken Factory" for the next week and a half until we're taking a plane to Orlando! <3

So... was ready for this Memorial Day Weekend - planned on doing a mound of laundry, packing, and watching some Roland Garros. Then... my mom's garage door wasn't working right. After weeks of non-stop rain, my trees and bushes were going insane. I got an email from my HOA asking that I remove weeds from the landscaped area (my guy, Jason, and I looked -- we're not sure what weeds they are talking about...) and that when it quit raining, if we could trim the trees a bit. On top of that, I captain a tennis team and we have been doing REALLY WELL. Unfortunately, one of my players now has to have surgery on her knee and will be out the rest of the season.

So, yesterday, I spent a lot of time finding a replacement for my player as she was scheduled to play the next three matches (two of them while we'll be in Orlando) but I did get my laundry done. Today, Jason and I trimmed the trees and bushes (he did most of the hard work but I helped with the cleanup). We also went to my mom's house and tightened up the eye-beams to her garage door and that seemed to work. And, we stopped at Jason's mom's for her birthday. Also this morning, we had to run to Target AND Walmart to get some things. So, we finished all of the "other" errands finally.

We got back from everything this morning (with a stop for lunch) and were just POOPED. I am finally sitting and watching my DVR of Roland Garros and packing a bit. WHEW. Tomorrow it's supposed to rain all day, so will finish packing then.

I haven't had too much time today to get excited but packing started getting me! I now need to find where I put those Disney tickets......

We got back Thursday night. Friday night, we zoned out. This weekend, I played in a tennis tournament and made the finals after playing many hours in the heat. I am finally ready to start the actual trip report! (It was a fantastic trip with some crazy weird things too!)7ECD4532-1A6B-4971-81A1-EBBAE391F477.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter