June 2019 TR Thread

We will be checking into the Fort on Saturday, June 15 for 8 nights for the first time!!!! We are hauling our camper from Maryland AND renting a camper from Florida Camper Rental to use on, hopefully , two adjoining sites as requested! I will work on a trip report in this section. Can’t wait!!!

We will be checking into the Fort on Saturday, June 15 for 8 nights for the first time!!!! We are hauling our camper from Maryland AND renting a camper from Florida Camper Rental to use on, hopefully , two adjoining sites as requested! I will work on a trip report in this section. Can’t wait!!!
@DCWarrior, if you're interested, please checkout the thread, Adventures of the Traveling Fire Pit.

You might not use it (hot weather and all) but we could use a little help to pass it along. Thanks :thumbsup2

We will be there from the 29th through July 6th. Does anyone know what the planned 4th of July activities in the Fort have been in prior years?

MtnJohn,

IIRC they have had a golf cart parade (similar to Halloween and Christmas) around the holiday. And they had a games/arts/crafts event down on Clementine's Beach down by the boat dock in the evening (but that won't happen this year due to the new construction). But maybe they will stage it some place else?

And in the past they've had a Patriotic Pet Parade at the dog park and events around the Pool (Christmas in July) and Bike Barn (cornhole contest).

But you never really know until until the movie/rec calendar comes out for that month what they've planned for this year.

I've never been but I wonder if the fireworks over the MK (that you can see from the FW beach) are any better/bigger on July 4th than the normal show?

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Day 1, Sunday June 23: Left Seymour, CT at 12:20 PM. On my second lights check, trailer left rear turn signal burned out...move Tahoe and trailer with family onto road,run into house to get keys to other car and run down to auto parts store for replacement. Run back, install, on our way only 20 minutes late. I hate northeast highways and traffic! But, arrive at Springhill suites on north side of Richmond at 95/295 junction at 9:40 PM. Not bad..off to bed.

Day 2, Monday June 24: After breakfast, leave hotel at 8:20 AM...make our way down 95 enjoying the typical game of watching for the “South of the Border” signs and everything else typical about the route. Both yesterday and today clear, blue, sunny driving days 8-)👍! Original plan to stop in Jacksonville, but making such good time that we continue to Lake Mary (just northside of Orlando) and stay at Residence Inn. Get to hotel at 10:10 PM. Thought pretty good for Richmond to Orlando with trailer and stops.

Day 3, Monday June 25: Left hotel at 9:00 AM and then drove the gauntlet down I-4 (although a few less lane shifts than last year)and saw it....
4D7099A6-8A45-4864-9B20-609B15D6F522.jpeg

Another mile-ish and off to enter Disney property....
BE95746F-560D-4C35-AC59-930EF00AF20C.jpeg

Then park and have the balloon at Disney Springs up in the background...
FE1F36DD-1399-45F3-ACF9-D3497D5C8EE2.jpeg

Haven’t checked in to the Fort yet, but that is most likely because....

....we don’t have a site reserved! 😱😨😧. So, one last picture at World of Disney where family takes a quick peek in the foreground...
6B1907E9-95EC-40DE-8AB0-5D9C957BAAC5.jpeg

And so ends my Disney trip report. Melissa is getting some sort of special coffee drink she had read about that is available here (she wanted to stop for it as we were driving by anyway), but then off to Venice, FL for second annual my parents driveway camping trip. Be back via airplane and DVC in August!

I will camp here again someday I swear! Oh yes, it will be done 4D7099A6-8A45-4864-9B20-609B15D6F522.jpeg

PS: Here is the drink at Joffrey’s at Disney Springs that we had to stop for:
D4A2005E-626C-44F0-BBBF-45F49DE19CDF.jpeg

Last edited:
Post deleted....user error this post and next :badpc:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts