June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

Hope no one here was looking forward to the Star Wars overlay at Space Mountain. Regular Space Mountain returns June 1st.

As someone not interested in Star Wars....this makes me very happy.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ntain-returns-to-disneyland-park-this-summer/

That SUCKS! Our visit to DL is starting 5/30, so I was hoping to drag DH and both kids on Hyperspace Mountain. In fact, the Star Wars theme was the only way I'd be able to get DH on Space Mountain. They'll probably take it off line a couple of days before 6/1, so that means no Hyperspace Mountain at all! DARN IT!

That SUCKS! Our visit to DL is starting 5/30, so I was hoping to drag DH and both kids on Hyperspace Mountain. In fact, the Star Wars theme was the only way I'd be able to get DH on Space Mountain. They'll probably take it off line a couple of days before 6/1, so that means no Hyperspace Mountain at all! DARN IT!

Yes it's been reported it will be down 5/30 and 5/31 for the changeover.

Are we counting down to 2018 yet? LOL! I just used timeshare points to book a room for June 2018 too. It will be over oldest DDs birthday and our tenth anniversary.

And now I'm considering moving our Memorial Day weekend camping trip location to a spot about 75 miles from Disneyland so that we could go (and start our AP year) on Memorial Day because we really wanted to ride Hyperspace mountain. It's part of a camping membership and wouldn't cost us anything (except gas & parking). It would just be a partial day trip, but would allow us to get that one ride in. Not sure yet as I'll need to run it by DH. But we have the 13 months and with our 2018 trip booked for mid-June it wouldn't matter if we started our APs May 28...It would also be the perfect opportunity for us to surprise the kids with a Disneyland trip, as we would just tell them we were heading home from camping and then go to Disneyland instead. They don't know North from South.

Are we counting down to 2018 yet? LOL! I just used timeshare points to book a room for June 2018 too. It will be over oldest DDs birthday and our tenth anniversary.

And now I'm considering moving our Memorial Day weekend camping trip location to a spot about 75 miles from Disneyland so that we could go (and start our AP year) on Memorial Day because we really wanted to ride Hyperspace mountain. It's part of a camping membership and wouldn't cost us anything (except gas & parking). It would just be a partial day trip, but would allow us to get that one ride in. Not sure yet as I'll need to run it by DH. But we have the 13 months and with our 2018 trip booked for mid-June it wouldn't matter if we started our APs May 28...It would also be the perfect opportunity for us to surprise the kids with a Disneyland trip, as we would just tell them we were heading home from camping and then go to Disneyland instead. They don't know North from South.
We're counting down to June 2018 as well, for our oldest grandson's first trip, for his 7th birthday. Humorously, he knows we're going that summer for his birthday (which is in April), but doesn't know when we are going. I think we'll just take everyone for a "drive" one day in June, and happen to show up at the airport. He's an attentive kid, but has never been to the airport before, so I don't think he'll catch on to what's happening, especially if we take mom and dad with us to the airport. I LOVE getting to plan half-surprise trips (no surprise the trip is coming, but surprise when it is!).

For 2017, though, we're at.... 60 days! WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO! Finishing our dining plans tonight, and then will make ressies tonight or tomorrow.

... Off to look at the MSEP Dining Packages to figure out what's up there!

We're 50 days out today! It's getting so close! I have nothing left to do for this trip except pack and tweak our touring plans and constantly check for park hours to come out... though we're still probably 15 days away from our full trip being posted :furious:. I'm so looking forward to some warmth and sunshine! It's been a super dreary and chilly spring here. Easter Sunday brought us about 2-3 inches of snow!!! I can't wait to be back in California!!! :sunny:

We booked car rental. And I booked the kennel for our dog. The only thing left for me to do is buy park tickets.

Well....and pack, of course.

Plus there are some items I need to buy before we go so I am gradually doing that over the next 2 months.

We're 50 days out today! It's getting so close! I have nothing left to do for this trip except pack and tweak our touring plans and constantly check for park hours to come out... though we're still probably 15 days away from our full trip being posted :furious:. I'm so looking forward to some warmth and sunshine! It's been a super dreary and chilly spring here. Easter Sunday brought us about 2-3 inches of snow!!! I can't wait to be back in California!!! :sunny:

I feel like I have so much to do. I ordered the T-shirts, and they arrived, but I have to print and iron on my decals. And I am making the kids matching outfits (dresses for the girls and shorts for my son) out of black T-shirts and some super cute Tsum Tsum fabric I found. And there will be food shopping and prep to do when it gets close. I also haven't decided on the days for my dining reservations. I should make those next week. It's starting to feel closer and closer and I'm starting to feel like I need to get busy. But then it's still 50+ days away.

I feel like I have so much to do. I ordered the T-shirts, and they arrived, but I have to print and iron on my decals. And I am making the kids matching outfits (dresses for the girls and shorts for my son) out of black T-shirts and some super cute Tsum Tsum fabric I found. And there will be food shopping and prep to do when it gets close. I also haven't decided on the days for my dining reservations. I should make those next week. It's starting to feel closer and closer and I'm starting to feel like I need to get busy. But then it's still 50+ days away.

Here's where I get super happy it's just hubby and I lol. I ordered us one set of coordinating shirts from Hot Topic and at some point we'll probably buy a box or two of breakfast bars and voila done lol.

Not that hard to believe they are rarely posted more than 45 days in advance. Annoying/frustrating I can agree with but not very surprising.

I was a little surprised to see EMH for California Adventure start at 8 am instead of 7 am in June, especially on Saturday and Sunday. I was hoping to start the day at California Adventure from 7 am to 7:45 am to knock out a few of the big ticket rides and then go over to Disneyland right before it opens and still be able to ride a few of the Fantasyland rides (not Peter Pan) before those lines get real crazy. This strategy worked well for us in November last year. This year so far, they have Disneyland opening at the same time as CA's EMH.

I will be heading to Disneyland two times this coming spring/summer, but my June trip is the one I'll be planning myself. I'll also be heading to DLR in March, but I'll be chaperoning a middle school band trip and mostly be along for the ride.

If you are planning a trip for June, let me know! I'll add you to the June list. I'm hoping we can also use this thread to help update each other on any interesting news related to Disneyland in June.
We're heading to California June 15 - June 27 and will be doing our long-awaited, first time DL visit June 19-22. We can't wait! We're lifelong WDW guests and I've talked up SoCal since my DD (now 17) was a little girl so we are beyond excited. We'll be flying into SD, renting a car and driving up coast to LA with 3 day stop in DL/CA. Any specific DL or CA planning tips or advice would be greatly appreciated! I've used Disboards for all my WDW trips and learned about so many awesome off-the-grid opportunities that way!

I was a little surprised to see EMH for California Adventure start at 8 am instead of 7 am in June, especially on Saturday and Sunday. I was hoping to start the day at California Adventure from 7 am to 7:45 am to knock out a few of the big ticket rides and then go over to Disneyland right before it opens and still be able to ride a few of the Fantasyland rides (not Peter Pan) before those lines get real crazy. This strategy worked well for us in November last year. This year so far, they have Disneyland opening at the same time as CA's EMH.

Ahh I didn't even notice that. I was planning on doing the same! Bummer!

Trey always has useful information! He knows how to put information together in a logical manner that really gets to the nuts and bolts.

Agreed. I've used and shared his posts more times than I can count. They've been very useful for us in planning our first DLR trip. I like his approach, it's much like the way I approach things.

Agreed. I've used and shared his posts more times than I can count. They've been very useful for us in planning our first DLR trip. I like his approach, it's much like the way I approach things.

While I'm sure I would have found the Disboards on my own...eventually...Trey was the one who told me if I really want to know the ins-and-outs of Disneyland that I needed to check out the Disneyland forum here. Prior to that I'd gotten most of my information from blogs. Still enjoy the blogs, too, but the depth of knowledge on these boards is just incredible!

I noticed this was how it was during Spring Break season too. It appears that EMH was only at 7 at DL and DCA opened at 8AM every day. It is pretty common during the "slower" season for DCA EMH to be at the same time as DL regular park opening, but you would think with summer and spring break being busy it would open earlier. However, EMH at DCA is only for hotel guests, so maybe they wanted to please their guests who don't like going at 7AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter