June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

Thanks for all the info! I think I'm going wth rough sketches/goals for each day and we'll see how it goes. The above is my main problem. We went to WDW in the legacy FP days and when they switched to FP+ I was not happy about it. However, we ended up loving FP+ and magicbands and now would never want to go back to the old way at WDW again. We were able to work the old system pretty well on our trip when it was there, and probably would have been termed "super-users" by some folks on this board. ;) It's just been a long time and was never complicated by the kink of park-hopping for us. But we'll figure it out and make the most of it the best way we can and have a blast doing so. I cannot wait.

we too are WDW vets and this will be our first DL trip. I have had the same issues with trying to adjust. To me WDW with Fastpass+ had become super smooth for planning. We always hit rope drop and either make fastpasses at that park for 11,12,1pm then back for a nap at hotel and have a nice dinner and enjoy resort. Or we do rope drop and a TS lunch then back for nap and i am able to schedule our fastpasses at our evening park. Nothing beats arriving at HS at 4pm and still having a TSMM fastpass ;) So going old school and with, from what i have read ---no wifi, has given me nightmares. I did find a great site that might help you. Its called DL Prep school. they had sample itineraries including one for meeting anna and elsa.(saw frozen boutique mentioned by someone-a review of that as well) There are several itineraries posted. All FREE info. Saw Lansky's mentioned for car service. This site did recommend them and i love that they include a stop at the grocery store as we will have a 1 bedroom. DL Prep School did answer quite a few of my questions so if you are a wdw vet trying Dl i highly recommend checking it out. I did also buy a subscription to another sight to make customized touring plans so that I would have a better handle on the order to do attractions. I read the ones posted in this thread and they seem to be very good plans too.

Also have fingers crossed that the train and fantasmic are open when we go. we are really looking forward to the new Marvel offerings. Due to Universal in Fl having marvel rights we do not get any of the marvel characters at WDW.

I don't know how well DD6 will do with having to be at the park at 630am for MM and EMH but we are going to try to make that every morning with a few hours break in the afternoon for naps and pool time. We were planning to hit DTD on Saturday our arrival day and then we will be at the parks Sun-Fri. Yup we are those crazy people who will be trying to do it all!!! I too have lists of rides we have to do a second time at night... Getting very excited and cannot wait for 60 days to book dining.

Any DL vets please let me know if I have missed anything or if i should change anything!!! Here is our sample itinerary:

Sat 6/17 DTD, pool and Napa Rose for dinner

Sun 6/18 DCA EMH Rides:RSR, Soarin, Lunch at Flo's, GRR back to hotel for break
Evening DL: IJ, HM, Nighttime Parade, Fireworks, IASW

Mon 6/19 DCA EMH: TS, CS, Ariels Grotto breakfast(DS6 fav princess), Corndog before heading to hotel for break
Frozen show, late afternoon snack at Carthay circle lounge, World of color desert party

Tues 6/20 DL MM: Fantasyland rides, Holly Jolly Bakery for breakfast. castle walk-thru and royal hall, Red rose tavern for lunch(hopefully still open), Musical chairs 2pm, break at hotel
Plaza inn for dinner, Rides after dark: HM, SCB, BTMRR, Matterhorn, Fireworks, Nighttime parade

Wed 6/21 DCA EMH: RSR, Mission Breakout, Breakfast at flo's, Marvel activities, Cozy cones for lunch, break at hotel
Golden horseshoes for snack, Toontown, Blue bayou for dinner-fantasmic package if open

Thurs 6/22 DL MM: Buzz, SM, Train if open, Nemo, Launch bay, Plaza Inn character breakfast, Main street, Gibson Girl Ice Cream break, Magical Map show, DD6 ride picks, very late lunch at Carnation Cafe, Back to hotel for free time, Steakhouse 55 for Dinner

Fri 6/23: Sleep In (it is vacation) Hit Clarabelle's, cafe Orleans, candy palace for take home snacks. Left the day open to ride whatever we want and as a backup for anything that got cancelled. will make second world of color dessert party res just in case. I can cancel if we see it Monday. too expensive to do twice. want to try to get fastpass for RSR at night

Sat 6/24 Storytellers cafe for breakfast before heading to the airport.

Hey y'all! We were planning on going back to WDW this June, but it wasn't meant to be. However, our lemons turned to lemonade and we have ended up with a trip to Disneyland in June instead! We are WDW vets, but DH and I haven't been to DL since our honeymoon (13 years ago!) and the kids have never been. We will be in the parks for 3 or 4 days. Booked at the Hojo from 6/19-6/23 for now. I've been considering switching to Fairfield Inn or Candy Cane. Any feedback would be welcome! We thought we might get to DL a couple of times last year (MIL recently moved to Anaheim), but it never worked out. I'm really excited to actually be going finally! I expect to not even recognize DCA.

Yay, glad to see you here! :wave2: With Spring Break for my kiddos last week, I'm just now catching up on this thread. We are booked at the HoJo ourselves!! We check in on June 21st, so if you stick with that hotel choice, we're sure to run into you! We stayed there on our last (and only) trip in June 2015. We liked it a lot, but did consider the Candy Cane Inn for this trip. In the end though, we know what we're getting with the HoJo so DH thought we should just stay there again. We've booked a premium (or superior?) room that faces the park, like we had last time, which is really great b/c the Matterhorn is right across the street, you can see the Monorail going by, and it gives you a great view of fireworks.

Hope you're having fun planning your trip. It can be kind of overwhelming feeling like you're sort of starting from scratch when you're such a WDW vet, but it will be an awesome adventure!!

Fri 6/23: Sleep In (it is vacation)

LOL! My mother has already informed me there will be a morning she sleeps in and lets us go to the parks without her. She'll catch up later. We are definite rope drop people. Our kids are young and they have no problem being up by 6:30. We do the rest/nap in the afternoon anyway, so I feel it is well balanced.

We are now commited to a December WDW trip so I slashed our food budget for this trip. I look at menus and decide what I think we'll order and round up to the nearest $5 usually. Because we use my AP discount that amount generally covers the tip too. Last year I'm pretty sure we spent less than I'd bugeted for and I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case this time too. I have our food budget for the two of us right at $650. I was sub $600 but decided to add BB with a MSEP package (hopefully it'll still be offered!) back in since we're so close to the end of the MSEP run and it's my birthday trip. I even was able to keep all the lounges we wanted in the budget and another sit down lunch at Cafe Orleans too!

we too are WDW vets and this will be our first DL trip. I have had the same issues with trying to adjust. To me WDW with Fastpass+ had become super smooth for planning. We always hit rope drop and either make fastpasses at that park for 11,12,1pm then back for a nap at hotel and have a nice dinner and enjoy resort. Or we do rope drop and a TS lunch then back for nap and i am able to schedule our fastpasses at our evening park. Nothing beats arriving at HS at 4pm and still having a TSMM fastpass ;) So going old school and with, from what i have read ---no wifi, has given me nightmares. I did find a great site that might help you. Its called DL Prep school. they had sample itineraries including one for meeting anna and elsa.(saw frozen boutique mentioned by someone-a review of that as well) There are several itineraries posted. All FREE info. Saw Lansky's mentioned for car service. This site did recommend them and i love that they include a stop at the grocery store as we will have a 1 bedroom. DL Prep School did answer quite a few of my questions so if you are a wdw vet trying Dl i highly recommend checking it out. I did also buy a subscription to another sight to make customized touring plans so that I would have a better handle on the order to do attractions. I read the ones posted in this thread and they seem to be very good plans too.

Also have fingers crossed that the train and fantasmic are open when we go. we are really looking forward to the new Marvel offerings. Due to Universal in Fl having marvel rights we do not get any of the marvel characters at WDW.

I don't know how well DD6 will do with having to be at the park at 630am for MM and EMH but we are going to try to make that every morning with a few hours break in the afternoon for naps and pool time. We were planning to hit DTD on Saturday our arrival day and then we will be at the parks Sun-Fri. Yup we are those crazy people who will be trying to do it all!!! I too have lists of rides we have to do a second time at night... Getting very excited and cannot wait for 60 days to book dining.

Any DL vets please let me know if I have missed anything or if i should change anything!!! Here is our sample itinerary:

Sat 6/17 DTD, pool and Napa Rose for dinner

Sun 6/18 DCA EMH Rides:RSR, Soarin, Lunch at Flo's, GRR back to hotel for break
Evening DL: IJ, HM, Nighttime Parade, Fireworks, IASW

Mon 6/19 DCA EMH: TS, CS, Ariels Grotto breakfast(DS6 fav princess), Corndog before heading to hotel for break
Frozen show, late afternoon snack at Carthay circle lounge, World of color desert party

Tues 6/20 DL MM: Fantasyland rides, Holly Jolly Bakery for breakfast. castle walk-thru and royal hall, Red rose tavern for lunch(hopefully still open), Musical chairs 2pm, break at hotel
Plaza inn for dinner, Rides after dark: HM, SCB, BTMRR, Matterhorn, Fireworks, Nighttime parade

Wed 6/21 DCA EMH: RSR, Mission Breakout, Breakfast at flo's, Marvel activities, Cozy cones for lunch, break at hotel
Golden horseshoes for snack, Toontown, Blue bayou for dinner-fantasmic package if open

Thurs 6/22 DL MM: Buzz, SM, Train if open, Nemo, Launch bay, Plaza Inn character breakfast, Main street, Gibson Girl Ice Cream break, Magical Map show, DD6 ride picks, very late lunch at Carnation Cafe, Back to hotel for free time, Steakhouse 55 for Dinner

Fri 6/23: Sleep In (it is vacation) Hit Clarabelle's, cafe Orleans, candy palace for take home snacks. Left the day open to ride whatever we want and as a backup for anything that got cancelled. will make second world of color dessert party res just in case. I can cancel if we see it Monday. too expensive to do twice. want to try to get fastpass for RSR at night

Sat 6/24 Storytellers cafe for breakfast before heading to the airport.

We are wdw vets, 1st time DLR and same dates! I might steal some of your plans ;)

Anyone planning some special meals or celebrations? I want to order a cake again but hubby isn't too keen on the idea...

We are wdw vets, 1st time DLR and same dates! I might steal some of your plans ;)

Feel free to use them!!! I just hope they are good :):):)

of course they all focus on being at the parks before opening so I hope we manage that. You just never know with little ones as they have their own ideas about getting up in the morning

Hello! I have a question and hope you all can help :) What date would you all recommend to visit DL: Sunday June 4th or Thursday June 8th? I saw Sunday is a blockout date for Passholders and not a grad night. Our initial plan was to drive in to San Diego first and then Anaheim but since we are driving in from Texas, it just makes more sense to drive to Anaheim first. I'm just worried Sunday might be overly busy. TYIA!

I agree about backpacks! My DH always wants me to bring 1 into the parks, but I really hate having my back drenched in sweat all day from it. I usually just bring a lightweight purse. And this time around, the kids are going to have a bag to themselves that they will take turns carrying, so my sherpa load is significantly lightened.

Our goal is always to carry into a park as little as we possibly can. Usually that is a small cross-body purse/bag for me, DS18 has a waist pack and DH carries a small "net" drawstring bag (Its designed as a "backpack" style, but he usually just slings it over a shoulder) with a couple bottles of water. Once we have drunk the water, it gets stuffed into either my or DS18's bag. That is it - if it doesn't fit in there, it doesn't go to the park!

I always wonder what on earth people need that requires every member of their party to wear a backpack! (This is WDW - I have no idea if it is as prevalent at DLR) Doesn't it just tire everyone out to be hauling all that around?

Personally, I just with the people with backpacks would be aware of their surroundings and that their "back" sticks out a foot or more behind them. I can't count the number of times I've been hit with heavy backpacks as people swing around in line (or the pre-show holding areas, or on busses!) to look at something or talk to someone! :eek:

Hello! I have a question and hope you all can help :) What date would you all recommend to visit DL: Sunday June 4th or Thursday June 8th? I saw Sunday is a blockout date for Passholders and not a grad night. Our initial plan was to drive in to San Diego first and then Anaheim but since we are driving in from Texas, it just makes more sense to drive to Anaheim first. I'm just worried Sunday might be overly busy. TYIA!

Given the choice I would go with Thursday. Sundays are only blocked to the cheapest passes. They are still very busy, and often in the spring and summer they are more busy than Saturdays because Saturdays are also blocked to Deluxe passes. That Thursday isn't a grad night. Some local schools will still be in session and many schools around the country too. You will have local schools having field trips at Disneyland, but I think overall it will be much less busy than Sunday.

Yay, glad to see you here! :wave2: With Spring Break for my kiddos last week, I'm just now catching up on this thread. We are booked at the HoJo ourselves!! We check in on June 21st, so if you stick with that hotel choice, we're sure to run into you! We stayed there on our last (and only) trip in June 2015. We liked it a lot, but did consider the Candy Cane Inn for this trip. In the end though, we know what we're getting with the HoJo so DH thought we should just stay there again. We've booked a premium (or superior?) room that faces the park, like we had last time, which is really great b/c the Matterhorn is right across the street, you can see the Monorail going by, and it gives you a great view of fireworks.

Hope you're having fun planning your trip. It can be kind of overwhelming feeling like you're sort of starting from scratch when you're such a WDW vet, but it will be an awesome adventure!!

Hey! :) We're on spring break this week and I've been using it to do some major cramming and planning. Love that you guys are also at the Hojo! However, it looks as though we may end up moving. I showed DH the map and he's pushing for the Fairfield Inn because it's closer and we would get Marriott rewards points. I told him about the water play area, but he wasn't convinced lol. We'll see what ends up happening.

The planning is at times confusing and overwhelming, but I'm definitely having fun!

Hey! :) We're on spring break this week and I've been using it to do some major cramming and planning. Love that you guys are also at the Hojo! However, it looks as though we may end up moving. I showed DH the map and he's pushing for the Fairfield Inn because it's closer and we would get Marriott rewards points. I told him about the water play area, but he wasn't convinced lol. We'll see what ends up happening.

The planning is at times confusing and overwhelming, but I'm definitely having fun!

Hope y'all are having a great spring break!! I totally get staying somewhere else to get points, and it is a little closer. Since we are a family of 5, we are always a little limited on where we can stay, as some hotel rooms will only accommodate 4. HoJo makes sense for us b/c they'll let all 5 of us in one room, it's pretty close, and the parking is free and we'll have a car.

Hope y'all are having a great spring break!! I totally get staying somewhere else to get points, and it is a little closer. Since we are a family of 5, we are always a little limited on where we can stay, as some hotel rooms will only accommodate 4. HoJo makes sense for us b/c they'll let all 5 of us in one room, it's pretty close, and the parking is free and we'll have a car.

We are 5 - I kept looking at HoJo but it didn't appear to sleep 5. It allowed it but only 2 beds and no sleeper, right? I originally booked Fairfield - good price and has a sleeper chair, but I kept checking and was able to get a room at BWPPI. Couldn't pass up Location/Sofa bed/breakfast/price.

That makes sense. We will have a car as well and I'm not thrilled about paying for parking.

Anyone planning some special meals or celebrations? I want to order a cake again but hubby isn't too keen on the idea...

We are celebrating both kids' birthdays on our trip because they both have June birthdays. I've always thought about ordering one of the Disney cakes, but have never done it for a couple of reasons. First, it's a lot of cake. Second, I don't want to have to go back to the hotel room with the cake and miss out on ride time. Third, it's kind of a lot of money for something that we won't eat very much of. I'd rather put the extra $$ toward something else.

That being said, I **am** working on plans for us to do the Blue Bayou Main Street Electrical Parade dinner package for 1 of the kids' birthday celebration days. Some friends are going to join us at DL 1 day mid-week when we're there and they have never been to the Blue Bayou, so I'm thinking that we'll do double duty and celebrate ODD's birthday that day, plus ODD will get her free individual birthday dessert that TS restaurants usually give out for birthdays.

We are 5 - I kept looking at HoJo but it didn't appear to sleep 5. It allowed it but only 2 beds and no sleeper, right? I originally booked Fairfield - good price and has a sleeper chair, but I kept checking and was able to get a room at BWPPI. Couldn't pass up Location/Sofa bed/breakfast/price.

You can get a rollaway at HoJo. We did it when we were there a few years ago, and it fits really well in the room. To be honest, I didn't price many hotels out for this trip. We really liked the HoJo on our last trip, so we decided to stay there again. Plus we did get a pretty good rate through a Mousesavers discount.

We ordered the Cinderella's slipper chocolate dessert at WDW when we're were there on my daughter's birthday. I wonder if they have something like that available at DL? It was a big hit and made her feel very special, but was not too much dessert. It was also very reasonably priced.

Under 100, baby!
i-Sgt5JcB-M.png

We're at 85 days. I can make dining reservations - the few I'm planning on - in about 2.5 weeks! Now my trip seems close! Funny thing - I'll be able to make any dining reservations for my WDW trip before me even leave for Disneyland in June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter