June 20, 2009 Magic

Hey everyone we just got home last night.....and boy! do the kids miss the cruise!! Chad had a riot with Liam....he's hoping to keep in touch. Liam check Chad's facebook. Just send us a PM and we'll send you the link. I also have a facebook if anyone wants to be my friend. Thanks to everyone for all the FE gifts....they were great! I loved the small memo books...they saved our lifes when it came to leaving notes so we would know where everyone was on the ship at all times. And Drew and Matthew....you two were funny....you scared the crap out of us in the hall when we were dropping off our FE gifts. Again thanks to everyone for making this a memorable cruise. I just wish I would have gotten pics of everyone together.

missyoh: We hardly saw you despite being on the opposite sides on the same deck. Thank goodness none of my students were onboard. I already had that experience on my :scared: honeymoon--doing a tequilla shooter dancing around Senor Frogs.....suddenly camera flash bulbs made me dribble my tequilla. :lmao::rotfl: I made his parents swear that those photos would never see the light of day.

Lettie--Liam would not have survived if not for Chad. I think he was overwhelmed by the large number of girls in OQ. If he wasn't w/ Chad, he was w/ us. Patrick however had to be dragged from the Lab & when he was w/ us he was complaining that he was missing something there. Liam doesn't have a Facebook, nor do I b/c I'm terrified of students getting on my page. Tell Chad to just use AIM or email. He'll be around for another week & then he's at a boy scout camp for a week.

We hope to do a 3 day w/ my Mom for our next cruise.

We have a dummy date booked for the Magic that we hope to switch over to a new ship for 2011.

missyoh: We hardly saw you despite being on the opposite sides on the same deck. Thank goodness none of my students were onboard. I already had that experience on my :scared: honeymoon--doing a tequilla shooter dancing around Senor Frogs.....suddenly camera flash bulbs made me dribble my tequilla. :lmao::rotfl: I made his parents swear that those photos would never see the light of day.

Lettie--Liam would not have survived if not for Chad. I think he was overwhelmed by the large number of girls in OQ. If he wasn't w/ Chad, he was w/ us. Patrick however had to be dragged from the Lab & when he was w/ us he was complaining that he was missing something there. Liam doesn't have a Facebook, nor do I b/c I'm terrified of students getting on my page. Tell Chad to just use AIM or email. He'll be around for another week & then he's at a boy scout camp for a week.

We hope to do a 3 day w/ my Mom for our next cruise.

We have a dummy date booked for the Magic that we hope to switch over to a new ship for 2011.

Sounds good...let Liam know he can text Chad on his cell phone anytime as well. Please keep in touch...you never know one day we may be at the park or on another cruise together.

I'd :love:to see any of this group again! :grouphug:

If anyone is crusing the 3 day Wonder, I'd love any tips or ideas. We're going in April or May of 2010 w/ my 81 year old Mom. We hope to go on one of the new ships in 2011/2012. We'll have for June again.

Lettie: I'll tell Liam to get in touch w/ Chad. He'll have to call, email, or IM. We are still in the stone ages & don't text. He'll probably get a phone when he goes to h.s. & then I'll have to text. :rolleyes1

Hope everyone had a Happy 4th!

My feet hurst worse than if I walked all day WDW. I worked 2 shifts of Bingo at our local festival yesterday. I want a WDW or DCL hot tub to soak in!!!! :sad2:

Hi Gang!

Like Mary, we are also seriously thinking of taking a cruise in June when the new ships come out.

MissyO, I was wondering if Austin's math lab teacher was in your group. Your group was on our dinner rotation, but I didn't want to bother his teacher on her vacation. I wish I would have now, because I would have met you and your sister.

See ya real soon!
Jill

It is so good to hear that we are not the only family still missing the Magic!

Thanks for all of the great messages on our dry erase board each day and night about the pictures of our "pirate cat magnets"! We had a blast reading what everyone wrote. All of our door magnets now adorn our fridge.

We are ready to book another cruise on one of the new ships!!! My hubbie and I decided that we needed to book another cruise on the second day at sea while sipping our drink of the day.

Does anyone know where the new ships go?

Thanks again for the great FE gifts! What weather, great staff, and great fellow travellers!!!!

Sue

Did anybody book a dummy date to move over to a new ship?

I'd love a 7 day 2nd or 3rd week of June cruise on the Dream ship in 2011, which hopefully will either be in the Caribbean or Alaska. Europe's out for us.

Rumors abound on which ships is going where. Some say we'll know more this summer. Some say the booking will open up in the Fall. I just hope I'm blessed enough to call the 1st day & have my choice of rooms.

If they announce the new dates, let's try to post here/PM etc. in case any of the same group would like to cruise again.

Liam is already whining that he'll probably never see Chad again.

Patrick wants to know how far a drive it is to visit Logan.

I told them both they have a better shot of seeing each other at WDW or on a cruise than on a long car ride somewhere.

Still missing the cruise.........:sad2:

Did I tell you guys I broke my toe Sunday night? "O, O, O, O, I broke my toe...woe!"

I survived the parade, 7 hours of BINGO, fireworks festival crowds & 2 hours of Sun cleanup w/ Cub Scouts who were mostly 1st graders :headache:. There's a reason I :teacher: h.s.

I'm dumb enough to smack my right foot (main driving foot) into the newly dead DVD player sitting on the floor outside by bedroom door. Yes, someone had just moved it there. Yes, I was aware it was there....but you know how you just sometimes move on autopilot--especially when you're tired.

It's my middle toe. It's still too swollen to buddy tape it to the toe next to it.

DH will tell you that I'm just a clutz. This was my main fear in going to the Baths on Tortola. I thought I'd break something, scrape something, etc. RV was honest w/ me TG on his return, otherwise I might have tried hard to get there w/ just DH & eldest DS.

So if I seem to be on the boards even more than normal for those of in cruise w/drawl, please understand that I'm trying to get this thing to heal before DH aka my chaufeur sp?? leaves for a week of Boy Scout camping w/ eldest DS.

I'd love a 7 day 2nd or 3rd week of June cruise on the Dream ship in 2011, which hopefully will either be in the Caribbean or Alaska. Europe's out for us.

Rumors abound on which ships is going where. Some say we'll know more this summer. Some say the booking will open up in the Fall. I just hope I'm blessed enough to call the 1st day & have my choice of rooms.

If they announce the new dates, let's try to post here/PM etc. in case any of the same group would like to cruise again.

I told them both they have a better shot of seeing each other at WDW or on a cruise than on a long car ride somewhere.

We booked a dummy date. We're hoping for a 7-day, but might be willing to do a 4-day if the first new ship picks up the Wonder's current schedule.

In the meantime (because we try to cruise once a year), we're thinking about trying an Adventures by Disney trip for 2010. Anyone tried one of these? They seem pretty expensive, but then if it's typical first-class Disney, we may go with it.

Did I tell you guys I broke my toe Sunday night? "O, O, O, O, I broke my toe...woe!"

It's my middle toe. It's still too swollen to buddy tape it to the toe next to it.

Ouch, Mary...sorry to hear that! Hope your pain is minimal.

We booked a real date for Father's Day 2010...figuring that we'll probably book for the new ship when we return next year.

Really missing the Tortola gang! :sad1:

We're going to book on that same ship when it comes out....be sure to post your date here or on my facebook. We'll have to book that same cruise for the boys. Also...let Liam know that you all can come down to OK and visit anytime...our home is open to you and your family. If we do drive back to Michigan to visit family maybe we'll stop over night and visit you all as well.

We booked a dummy date. We're hoping for a 7-day, but might be willing to do a 4-day if the first new ship picks up the Wonder's current schedule.

In the meantime (because we try to cruise once a year), we're thinking about trying an Adventures by Disney trip for 2010. Anyone tried one of these? They seem pretty expensive, but then if it's typical first-class Disney, we may go with it.

We've heard nothing be great things from people who've done Adventures by Disney. If you're interested in specific ones let me know via PM & I'll check w/ my friend who's been cruising less & adventuring more.
We're going to book on that same ship when it comes out....be sure to post your date here or on my facebook. We'll have to book that same cruise for the boys. Also...let Liam know that you all can come down to OK and visit anytime...our home is open to you and your family. If we do drive back to Michigan to visit family maybe we'll stop over night and visit you all as well.

Please stop by on your way to or from Michigan. I'm not sure if we'll head our your way. We used to go to Nebraska more often, but so many of the relatives Scott would visit have passed on. I'll let you know if we change our dates for June 2011. We're debating between kidnapping my Mom for a 3 day in late April/early May or doing a short trip to see all Christmas Decorations in December.

Missing the whole Tortola gang. Did anyone get a photo from the Promenade Lounge? I'd like to get a copy please. PM me & I'll send you my email. Lettie I'll get you the picture of Chad & Liam soon.

Hi Gang!

MissyO, I was wondering if Austin's math lab teacher was in your group. Your group was on our dinner rotation, but I didn't want to bother his teacher on her vacation. I wish I would have now, because I would have met you and your sister.

See ya real soon!
Jill

Yep, that was us!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter