June 1st Med Magic

This link is good as it gives you pictures.

http://www.rometoolkit.com/airport/civitavechia_train.htm

http://www.civitavecchiaport.org/how-to-get-there/

And this is a link to a train timetable. This was the best thing I had with me, made me a little more at ease about not missing the train.

http://www.civitavecchia.net/travellers-trains.html

You will see a fast track train advertised on here, you may want to look into that. There was also people at the port exit asking if you wanted to book a fast train (didn't use them so I cannot vouch for them). We just went passed them to the train station our selves.

Don't forget to go past the queue and to the right you will see a little news agent where I purchased 4 BIRG tickets for 12euros each. We had to stamp it in the yellow machine on the wall at the station entrance.

Good luck.

Thanks for the link. This is the only port that I don't feel 100% comfortable about DIY. Missing the boat will cost us two seas days. Just to be safe, we probably take an earlier train back just in case.

We haven't booked a whole lot. We're arriving in torrevieja on the 26th and having a few days there, then Valencia before travelling up again to Barca. Booked some spa treatments for DW, palo dinner and Easy Pisa. We intend on having an easy day in Villefranche and a boat day at citevechia ( been to Rome and Pompeii a few times. I Was going to try to DIY it to Capri, does anyone have any experience of how easy or not it is to get the hydrofoil from Naples.

How was the Elipsos overnight train from Paris to Barcelona? We're a family of 4 (Me, DW, DS 13, DD 11) doing the same thing prior to our August cruise. I was looking forward to your pictures -- sorry you lost them!

Anything you can share about the Trenhotel?

Thanks!

How was the Elipsos overnight train from Paris to Barcelona? We're a family of 4 (Me, DW, DS 13, DD 11) doing the same thing prior to our August cruise. I was looking forward to your pictures -- sorry you lost them!

Anything you can share about the Trenhotel?

Thanks!

The train was okay, the cabin is bare minimum but did us fine. The beds were already out when we got on because the train doesn't leave until after 10pm.
There is room up above the door for suitcases (DH had to do this as it is quite high). They provide face towels, and a little travel refresher pack per person for you to use. It had a small toothpaste, toothbrush ad soap in. There is also a small bottle of water each.

Sorry, pics are quite blurry as I was using my phone and the train was moving.

As you can see my boy was flat out and had no trouble sleeping. You get to see what it is like for an adult against the size of the beds. I didn't sleep so well but part of that was excitement, worry that my 7 year heavy fidget of a son would fall out of the top bunk and I am a poor sleeper anyway.
The toilet was at the end of each carriage and my boys were fine using them. There is a sink in your cabin for brushing your teeth and washing your face. And a lovely view when you wake in the morning.
The guard didn't speak English but we got along fine. No passport control on the train as we did it before we got on and the guard will give you a wake up call (not that I needed it). I was excited and looking out the window taking pics every now and then. :)

We are considering doing it again next year but from Barcelona to Paris only as we are doing the EBTA.

Hope this helps.

Hello, I was wondering how much the overnight train cost for your family? We will be in Paris before our cruise this summer and I was debating about a flight from Paris or the train. Thank you for your thoughts.

Hello, I was wondering how much the overnight train cost for your family? We will be in Paris before our cruise this summer and I was debating about a flight from Paris or the train. Thank you for your thoughts.

Hi, for a family of 4 it cost us £248 one way. They open up bookings 13 weeks before travel and I used rail Europe to purchase the tickets.

We booked through Rail Europe on the Elipsos sleeper train -- it wasn't the cheapest way to book it, but it was the easiest and it cost about $1000 for a family of four.

However, the overnight trains were discontinued in December, 2013.

An excellent guide to traveling by train from London, to Paris and on to Barcelona is "The Man in Seat 61" website -- I did a lot of my initial research there and he details the various rail options including the new direct high-speed trains from Paris to Barcelona and some overnight options as well.

Go to WWW dot Seat61 dot com and you'll see the options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter