June 17 Wonder to Alaska

My daughter is 11 as well and wants to know if she can contact your daughter somehow before we leave. So let me know if she is interested as well:) She is super excited!!! This is to sde20, it didn't connect to your message

We have quite a few 11 year old girls in our MUFE - they are going to have so much fun. My niece is also 11.

Hi Everyone. I am new to this board and have never posted before. But it sounds like it might be fun to "meet" others on our cruise in advance. We have cruised before; my husband and I cruised to Alaska on Celebrity 12 years ago...and we have taken the kids on 4 separate Disney Cruises (one on each ship). This time, we will be traveling with the kids (DD 6 and DD 9) and with the grandparents for Grandma's 70th birthday.

Hope to hear from you all and participate in any on-board meetup!

Lauren

Hi Everyone. I am new to this board and have never posted before. But it sounds like it might be fun to "meet" others on our cruise in advance. We have cruised before; my husband and I cruised to Alaska on Celebrity 12 years ago...and we have taken the kids on 4 separate Disney Cruises (one on each ship). This time, we will be traveling with the kids (DD 6 and DD 9) and with the grandparents for Grandma's 70th birthday.

Hope to hear from you all and participate in any on-board meetup!

Lauren

Welcome to the DIS and welcome to our little cruise group!
There is a meet up scheduled for 2:45pm on embarkation day in Diversions
You should come along and say hi :)

Welcome to the DIS and welcome to our little cruise group!
There is a meet up scheduled for 2:45pm on embarkation day in Diversions
You should come along and say hi :)
Thanks, Linda! We are getting excited...and I am stressing about packing. Trying to cover every possible weather scenario without overdoing it. And our 9.5-year-old is wondering whether she will feel too old for the Oceaneers Lab/Club...and she's too young for the Edge tweens club... Any thoughts?

Thanks, Linda! We are getting excited...and I am stressing about packing. Trying to cover every possible weather scenario without overdoing it. And our 9.5-year-old is wondering whether she will feel too old for the Oceaneers Lab/Club...and she's too young for the Edge tweens club... Any thoughts?

We haven't got kids so others may be better at answering than me but I believe that the kids clubs have open house sessions so the kids can go and check them out and explore to see if they feel comfortable

The kids clubs have an amazing reputation and I get the impression that the staff make sure that everyone is made to feel welcome and included. I bet she will make a ton of friends and have an absolute blast :)

We are getting excited...and I am stressing about packing. Trying to cover every possible weather scenario without overdoing it.

Welcome!! I am also stressing about packing...I'm about to the point where I have decided to pack pjs, a jean outfit, a jacket for each of us with extra undergarments and our passports and be done with it! :laundy:

The great thing about the kids clubs are they are so flexible and there are group activities to accommodate all the different ages. I am sure she will make some friends her age and they will move through the choices together.

Back to packing....my more extensive list than above! ;)

and several pages now appear. Where was everyone when I had time to post and read? :rotfl:

We are going to be in Vancouver on Sunday about noon I think. I was only able to do about 22 MUFE, one for each cabin. I could pull off individual ones. I think I have a way to make more for anyone extra that we have but again it will only one per cabin.

DD is excited to know that there are other girls her age in our group (11):yay:

I am am sitting here reading the board when I really need to get things finished! :rotfl: :hourglass is running out and I keep over packing and then checking the weather and hoping we get the same nice stuff and then I repack...repeat:thumbsup2

Good morning !
I know we are running out of time. We leave Friday morning for a couple of nights in Seattle and then one in Vancouver before sailing out of Monday. But, my daughter would love to meet yours ! It's awesome that we have several girls in our group about the same age. I read that they do a lot of planning for the week in the Vibe on the first night. Maybe they can all make plans to meet there at a certain time, hang out, and be a part of the planning! I will try to private message you a phone number for texts and and an email address in case they have time to get in touch before leaving. We are planning on trying to make it to the meet and greet on the first day too.

This packing IS stressful ! I had everything set..... until I saw weather in the 70s this week in Alaska. Here we go again , better take out the heavy coats and gloves. Your plan to simplify is sounding good !!

Good morning !
I know we are running out of time. We leave Friday morning for a couple of nights in Seattle and then one in Vancouver before sailing out of Monday. But, my daughter would love to meet yours ! It's awesome that we have several girls in our group about the same age. I read that they do a lot of planning for the week in the Vibe on the first night. Maybe they can all make plans to meet there at a certain time, hang out, and be a part of the planning! I will try to private message you a phone number for texts and and an email address in case they have time to get in touch before leaving. We are planning on trying to make it to the meet and greet on the first day too.

We leave Friday for Seattle too, then going Sunday afternoon to Vancouver. (Yikes - 2 more days!!! I still have nothing packed.) I know this wasn't to me, but: I must have missed - how old is your daughter? We have a 12 1/2 year old daughter & 10 year old son. What are you doing in Seattle? We have ideas, but not definite plans.

Hi. We are new to the group and going to try to participate in the FE's. (Jayne has invited us to do so with anyone who may have extras, etc.) Can you please let me know the details of what we should hang on our cabin doors, and what we should put together for the FE's? I am planning to go to Michael's in a couple of hours to pick up whatever we need.

(We are in staterooms 2075/2077, and it's me, my DH, and our DD's (9.5 and 6.5). We are also traveling with my in-laws.)

Thanks!
Lauren

Hi everyone
Just popping in to say bye for now, we are flying to Vancouver in the morning :cheer2:
If it's not packed now it's not coming with us, I'm trying not to stress anymore ;)
Safe travels everyone
Lx

Hi everyone
Just popping in to say bye for now, we are flying to Vancouver in the morning :cheer2:
If it's not packed now it's not coming with us, I'm trying not to stress anymore ;)
Safe travels everyone
Lx

That's a great attitude!

I'm knee deep in bags right now. According to the trusty luggage scale, the tiny bag is 39 pounds :scared: but luckily most of the "heavy" things are already packed. The big bag only weighs 34!

Taking a break from packing to have a snack and clean the bathroom. Yes, I know - it's a glamorous life ;)
We leave in the morning as well! Can't wait.

Hi all! we just got off the June 3-10 Alaskan cruise and it was an AMAZING trip. You will have a great trip! I'm asking a favor. We collected the free coins at the 3 ports but didn't have time to grab 1 in Juneau. If anyone would be able and willing to do this, my 9 year old special needs son would be eternally grateful. It's at stop 4 on the map in the coupon book they give out at most of the shops, Juneau Trading Company the Moose coin. I will pay for shipping but it should fit in an envelope. Anyone able? I can PM my info. Thanks and have a great vacation!!!

Hi everyone
Safe travels everyone
Lx

That's a great attitude!

I'm knee deep in bags right now. According to the trusty luggage scale, the tiny bag is 39 pounds :scared: but luckily most of the "heavy" things are already packed. The big bag only weighs 34!

Taking a break from packing to have a snack and clean the bathroom. Yes, I know - it's a glamorous life ;)
We leave in the morning as well! Can't wait.

Safe travels to you both!! :cheer2: See you Monday :cool1::thumbsup2:dance3:

Heather

Hi all! we just got off the June 3-10 Alaskan cruise and it was an AMAZING trip. You will have a great trip! I'm asking a favor. We collected the free coins at the 3 ports but didn't have time to grab 1 in Juneau. If anyone would be able and willing to do this, my 9 year old special needs son would be eternally grateful. It's at stop 4 on the map in the coupon book they give out at most of the shops, Juneau Trading Company the Moose coin. I will pay for shipping but it should fit in an envelope. Anyone able? I can PM my info. Thanks and have a great vacation!!!

I will try my best. I have a special needs son 10 years old with Aspergers), so I "get it". If we are able to, I'll get one for you. Hopefully other people will try to - to help ensure he gets one. I'll let you know for sure when I get back.

I will try my best. I have a special needs son 10 years old with Aspergers), so I "get it". If we are able to, I'll get one for you. Hopefully other people will try to - to help ensure he gets one. I'll let you know for sure when I get back.

So nice of HannahNoahMommy! :hug: I have written this down as well but I'm not sure we will have time so I certainly didn't want to get any hopes up. We have tours planned in Juneau but if we find ourselves going to get these, I'll make a note of this. I'm assuming we would need to go the "shopping talks" in order to get something that we would redeem in the specific stores for these coins? Much like they do on the Caribbean cruises for the bracelet charms, right?

To my fellow cruisers - not sure you've read or heard but I've read several reports now they have added a second Pixar Party at 4:30pm. So it's at 4:30pm and 10:15pm from what I'm hearing.

See you all soon,
Heather

Hello! My daughter is eleven. Her name is Eve. Maybe all these pre-teen girls can get together if you are planning on coming to the meet and greet. They will have a great time! We wont be able to do everything I want to do around Seattle because we will not have a car. We are taking the train to Vancouver. We planning on just enjoying the downtown area mostly. We want to go to Pike Place market, the space needle , maybe a museum , and explore the waterfront area. We are looking forward to it. We are also spending Sunday in Vancouver. I would love to go to Granville Island if we have time . Have you found anything that looks fun that I've missed ?

This message is meant to be a response to HannahNoahMommy
But I'll gladly take others recommendations! : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter