June 15 looking better and better for California to "Open Up"

They have said they will. My understanding is every adult will have to show Gov't issued ID. If it's a park hopper, hopefully the first day is enough because they'll have the picture to go on after that.

Just adding to this that I've seen a few screenshots of people who chatted through the app that were military, but based in CA. They were told they will need government issued ID plus their orders for California. A lease or utility bill with an address will not be considered sufficient.

So any adult Californian who does not have a state ID yet and plans to go to DLR any time soon should really apply for one ASAP.

This just in, Los Angeles county (right next to Disneyland’s Orange County) has met the criterion for the least restrictive “yellow tier”, and may be move to “yellow” (restriction wise) as early as next week.

“According to new state data released Tuesday, the county's coronavirus case rate — adjusted based on the number of tests performed — dropped to 1.9 new cases per day per 100,000 people, reaching the threshold to enter California's final yellow tier.”

I would gather that it won’t be long (May? June?) before the state mandated restrictions are removed, although the parks may have their own restrictions of course...

This just in, Los Angeles county (right next to Disneyland’s Orange County) has met the criterion for the least restrictive “yellow tier”, and may be move to “yellow” (restriction wise) as early as next week.

“According to new state data released Tuesday, the county's coronavirus case rate — adjusted based on the number of tests performed — dropped to 1.9 new cases per day per 100,000 people, reaching the threshold to enter California's final yellow tier.”

I would gather that it won’t be long (May? June?) before the state mandated restrictions are removed, although the parks may have their own restrictions of course...
That's great news. Part of LA County's rapid decline has to be associated with the firestorm of cases they had in the winter. When coupled with the vax efforts LA probably is close to herd immunity. In San Diego, where we never had the same case rate as LA, we seem to be stuck at about 6/100k despite 52% of the eligible pool having at least one dose. Orange is floating at 2.5ish.

Gov Newsom was present at the April 24 ribbon-cutting ceremony for reopening Highway 1 through Big Sur. Our local TV news reporter took the opportunity to ask Newsom whether CA is still on track for reopening the state on June 15. His short answer: "We are." It's at about the 3:00 minute mark in the following video:

https://www.ksbw.com/article/gov-gavin-newsom-attends-reopening-of-highway-1-in-big-sur/36211975

Thanks for sharing!

I think he knows there will be a lot of backlash if he doesn't stick to that date so here's hoping. 🤞🤞🤞

That's great news. Part of LA County's rapid decline has to be associated with the firestorm of cases they had in the winter. When coupled with the vax efforts LA probably is close to herd immunity. ol having at least one dose. Orange is floating at 2.5ish.
LA vaccination efforts are at 23%. Covid itself doesn't provide enough immunity as people have been getting reinfected after 6 mos, which is why they are watching to see if we need a booster vaccine after a year. 70-80% is estimated to be the herd immunity number, but they aren't going to count cases, as immunity isn;t long lasting enough.

West Virginia is PAYING those 16-35 to get vaccinated.

LA vaccination efforts are at 23%. Covid itself doesn't provide enough immunity as people have been getting reinfected after 6 mos, which is why they are watching to see if we need a booster vaccine after a year. 70-80% is estimated to be the herd immunity number, but they aren't going to count cases, as immunity isn;t long lasting enough.

I agree that long term, a vaccine is the best protection. Short term the high case rate that LA had over the winter definitely reduces the case rate now. The re-infection rate is quite low. In terms of vax rate, SD has 35% of those over 18 fully vaxxed, and 52% with at least one dose. When you consider those under 18 those numbers become 28/41. Lately SD is reporting vax rates as a percentage of a target (75% of eligible recipients). I'm not a fan of that method because herd immunity is a function of the entire population, not just those over 18.

Regardless, things are looking up in CA. And LA getting to the lowest tier is only good for the state as a whole.

LA County just updated the their outside mask policy to the updated CDC one. I wonder if other counties will follow and if that will affect Disney and other parks now or after Jiune 15.

Things are moving so fact.

LA city or county? The county website says 29% fully vaccinated and 48% with first dose (which gives significant immunity still, plus that will turn into fully vaccinated in another month), of the 16+ population.

LA County just updated the their outside mask policy to the updated CDC one. I wonder if other counties will follow and if that will affect Disney and other parks now or after Jiune 15.

Masks have not been required for several months in Florida yet they are still required at WDW. I doubt disney will remove their mask rules anytime soon at either park but they might update DLR to allow photos without masks like they are now allowing at WDW.

I doubt the removal either.... but I could totally see the quick removal of the masks for pictures.

I was telling hubby last night that Disneyland is soon going be doing the same thing as DW but faster. DW had to earn all of there changes through the pandemic. DL is opening at the end and then will be having so many restrictions doppelgänger's of the June 15.

I feel bad for the guys who has to remove/move all the new signs and those stickers for 6 feet now that even that is no longer the advice everywhere.

The outside policy is vaccinated individuals don’t have to wear masks outside unless in a crowd. I doubt DLR wants to to police who can and cannot wear masks. Plus, if in-park capacity is raised after June 15th, the parks will be even more crowded making masks outside necessary to conform to the guidelines. The masks outside are here to stay at DLR for some time. I think the only loosening we will see at DLR any time soon will be the same policy at WDW, where masks can be removed briefly for pictures.

The masks outside are here to stay at DLR for some time. I think the only loosening we will see at DLR any time soon will be the same policy at WDW, where masks can be removed briefly for pictures.

How long do you mean when you say "The masks outside are here to stay at DLR for some time."? A month? Two months? All summer? Until 2022?

I'm guessing that most outdoor venues in the United States (or, specifically, California), even crowded ones, will drop outdoor mask requirements within the next 2 months.

Of course, beyond the lawmakers, it's the venue's (aka Disney's) choice to keep or not keep a "mask required" plicy beyond that required by law.

An update on Orange County, California (home county of the Disneyland Resort):

From Sprectrum News 1, Orange County, California:

"Orange County's weekly averages for COVID-19 metrics will keep it in the orange tier of the state's economic re-opening system, although it meets two of three categories for the least-restrictive yellow tier, according to figures released Tuesday.

The county's weekly averages for adjusted daily case rate per 100,000 residents improved from 2.8 last Tuesday to 2.6.

The county's positivity rates qualify for the yellow tier, but the case counts are still in the orange tier.

The county reported just 90 new cases and six deaths on Tuesday.

The number of COVID-19 patients in county hospitals increased from 115 on Monday to 128

The overall test positivity rate remained at 1.4%. The county's Health Equity Quartile rate, which measures positivity in hotspots in disadvantaged communities, increased from 1.7% to 1.9%.

The county's positivity rates qualify for the yellow tier, but the case counts are still in the orange tier.

A graduation into the yellow tier requires that the case rate must get below 2 per 100,000 people. The weekly averages are updated on Tuesdays, and a county must maintain metrics for a tier for two weeks before graduating to a less-restrictive level."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter