June 15 looking better and better for California to "Open Up"

wideeyedwonder

DIS Veteran
The Redding Record Searchlight reports : "New COVID-19 cases plummet in California"

"California reported far fewer coronavirus cases in the week ending Sunday, adding 17,739 new cases. That's down 24.8% from the previous week's toll of 23,598 new cases of the virus that causes COVID-19.

Across California, cases fell in 27 counties, with the best declines in Los Angeles, San Bernardino and Orange counties.

California ranked 9th among states in share of people receiving at least one shot, with 43.2% of its residents at least partially vaccinated."

I think that is continuing good news for California, and the possibility of getting off of the colored "tiers" for re-opening California venues.

Basically says it should be lift an dhow will it effect the parks. "“When California fully reopens the economy, all stay-at-home orders will be lifted and the Blueprint for a Safer Economy will end,” according to California Department of Public Health officials. “However common-sense health measures such as masking will remain across the state. Testing or vaccination verification requirements will remain in relevant settings. When we have additional details about individual sectors, we’ll let you know.”"

Another section. "
The full reopening of the state economy on June 15 will give California theme parks more flexibility to operate within their own health and safety guidelines, according to John Gerner, a theme park expert and managing director of Leisure Business Advisors.
“It does not automatically mean the parks begin operating as they did before the pandemic began,” Gerner said via email."

Says Disney could open wider, faster if it opened only to vaccinated/tested, but that Disney isn't likely to require that.

Basically says it should be lift an dhow will it effect the parks. "“When California fully reopens the economy, all stay-at-home orders will be lifted and the Blueprint for a Safer Economy will end,” according to California Department of Public Health officials. “However common-sense health measures such as masking will remain across the state. Testing or vaccination verification requirements will remain in relevant settings. When we have additional details about individual sectors, we’ll let you know.”"

Another section. "
The full reopening of the state economy on June 15 will give California theme parks more flexibility to operate within their own health and safety guidelines, according to John Gerner, a theme park expert and managing director of Leisure Business Advisors.
“It does not automatically mean the parks begin operating as they did before the pandemic began,” Gerner said via email."

Says Disney could open wider, faster if it opened only to vaccinated/tested, but that Disney isn't likely to require that.

Thank you!

I've seen several places speculating that the change to the Blueprint for Safer Economy that was mentioned above will allow the parks to begin accepting fully vaccinated out of state visitors, but I haven't seen anything official from the parks yet.

View attachment 569570

I saw this on Instagram today. I don't know how accurate their rumor mill is though.
The current belief is that some theme parks jumped the gun. Especially the person on Twitter they all keep quoting. CDPH has said they'll be doing a press conference to clarify what industries are actually included in this guidance. I may be completely wrong, but my gut tells me that since theme parks have not been included in events or activities thus far, they still aren't. And that the press conference is to reiterate that VERY clearly.

The current belief is that some theme parks jumped the gun. Especially the person on Twitter they all keep quoting. CDPH has said they'll be doing a press conference to clarify what industries are actually included in this guidance. I may be completely wrong, but my gut tells me that since theme parks have not been included in events or activities thus far, they still aren't. And that the press conference is to reiterate that VERY clearly.

Yup. I actually edited after I posted that because I realized the social media post wasn't specific enough. The blog post that went with it (not sure if I can link it) made it clear that it was speculative.

Yup. I actually edited after I posted that because I realized the social media post wasn't specific enough. The blog post that went with it (not sure if I can link it) made it clear that it was speculative.
A friend sent me the blog post, so I did see that.

Hopefully this is a lesson to the state that they need to be crystal clear from the get go. However this ends up panning out, it's screwing things up for a lot of people.

According to an article in the LA Times today, the spokesman for CDPH confirmed that the revised guidelines do indeed apply to theme parks, allowing out of state visitors who have been fully vaccinated. So far, SeaWorld is the only one to officially change their policy, but I expect others to follow shortly. Personally, I was definitely hoping that DL would be CA-only at least until after my visit in early June. Any chance of my dates not selling out will definitely be gone once they open up the flood gates, and CA currently has the lowest C-19 rates in the country.

Last edited:
According to an article in the LA Times today, the spokesman for CDPH confirmed that the revised guidelines do indeed apply to theme parks, allowing out of state visitors who have been vaccinated/tested. So far, SeaWorld is the only one to officially change their policy, but I expect others to follow shortly. Personally, I was definitely hoping that DL would be CA-only at least until after my visit in early June. Any chance of my dates not selling out will definitely be gone once they open up the flood gates, and CA currently has the lowest C-19 rates in the country.

It's actually not "vaccinated/tested." It says “fully vaccinated persons from out of state may visit or attend activities or events that are restricted to in-state visitors.”

This correct. It is only for fully vaccinated individuals. Vaccinated/tested is only for events such as sports and concerts.
I doubt it will be too many people. Only 1/3 of adults are fully-vaccinated and many have kids under 16, who are excluded. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Disney refuse to allow out-of-state people in until 6/15.

This correct. It is only for fully vaccinated individuals. Vaccinated/tested is only for events such as sports and concerts.
At least for the SF Giants, it's also FULLY vaccinated - and just to be extra clear, that is 2 weeks past 2nd (or only) dose.

ETA: I'm of the mindset as well that Disney keeps things as are until 6/15. The headache they would cause for themselves for 6 weeks, I don't picture being worth it.

At least for the SF Giants, it's also FULLY vaccinated - and just to be extra clear, that is 2 weeks past 2nd (or only) dose.

ETA: I'm of the mindset as well that Disney keeps things as are until 6/15. The headache they would cause for themselves for 6 weeks, I don't picture being worth it.

I agree as well. I'm curious to know if they even try to adhere to the in-state resident requirement beyond just the attestation when you purchase tickets and make reservations. We already know a lot of people have broken that rule. The big question is whether or not they will require proof of residency at the gate.

I agree as well. I'm curious to know if they even try to adhere to the in-state resident requirement beyond just the attestation when you purchase tickets and make reservations. We already know a lot of people have broken that rule. The big question is whether or not they will require proof of residency at the gate.
They have said they will. My understanding is every adult will have to show Gov't issued ID. If it's a park hopper, hopefully the first day is enough because they'll have the picture to go on after that.

They have said they will. My understanding is every adult will have to show Gov't issued ID. If it's a park hopper, hopefully the first day is enough because they'll have the picture to go on after that.

Oh that's good. I didn't know that. :) I'm sure the first day is enough - once they've verified everything and taken your picture, there's no reason to re-verify.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter