Jun 22, 2015 Dream 4 night Bahamas.

Hi all! My family just booked this cruise, and we are so excited! This will be our 7th Disney cruise, but it seems like forever since our last one!

Cruising this time will be myself, DH (Bill), DD (14) and DS (11)

Excited to get to know you all!!

Kristie

Kristie,

Glad to have another fellow cruiser on the boards!

Looks like you've sailed on the Dream before. Any suggestions for those of us that have never been on this ship before? And any suggestions for excursions on Nassau?

Kristie,

Glad to have another fellow cruiser on the boards!

Looks like you've sailed on the Dream before. Any suggestions for those of us that have never been on this ship before? And any suggestions for excursions on Nassau?

Hi there :) I am no expert...but...

For Nassau we often stay on the ship, but last year we did do the excursion (forget the real name), but it was not a glass bottom boat, but it was a boat that had a submarine looking downstairs for fish viewing and we really liked it.

We have also really enjoyed the city tour as well (I love a good tour).

My hubby always wants to go to Atlantis for the day, but we have never done it because it is pretty expensive.

As for the Dream itself, here are a few:
  • the Meridian bar at the back of the ship on one of the very top decks (forget the #) between Palo and Remy is a great quiet, cozy bar and I love it.
  • MOET ICE!! Just my favorite champagne ever. Try this in Pink...so good!
  • Close to midship on the 2nd deck there are blue cabin doors that are actually the DVC onboard offices/sales rooms. I love to visit those cabins and add on, but my husband tries to keep me away!
  • Riding the AquaDuck at night is even more awesome than during the day
  • Fun fact - we have been on the Dream several times and each time we have stayed in the same stateroom, so we consider it "ours"

I may have more things, but I can't think of them now :)

Annnnnyway....can't wait to get to know you all, and to be cruise buddies!

Kristie

Hi there,
This is our first disney cruise! It will be my DH and my 3 kiddos, 1 girl (5) and 2 boys (3, 12) We are going with 3 other families and have 5 cabins aligned and 2 others. We are super excited! I would like to be added to the Fe group please;). ::MinnieMo

Hi there,
This is our first disney cruise! We are going with 3 other families and have 5 cabins aligned and 2 others. We are super excited! I would like to be added to the Fe group please;). ::MinnieMo

Yay more cruise friends!

Sounds like you've got a big group going. That's great you've got your rooms together. We're a group of 14 with 4 rooms, but none are together. :sad1: At least we are on adjacent decks.

I'll put you on the FE list!

Participating in the Fish Extender gift exchange:

Skyway
Naomi Rose
Axe
Wrayfamilycruisers

Kristie,

Thanks for your input on Nassau excursions. I'm leaning towards staying on the ship since there is no sea day and I'd like to spend time just enjoying the Dream. But I know some of my family wants to go see Nassau.

Anyone else have ideas for Nassau?

Kristie,

Thanks for your input on Nassau excursions. I'm leaning towards staying on the ship since there is no sea day and I'd like to spend time just enjoying the Dream. But I know some of my family wants to go see Nassau.

Anyone else have ideas for Nassau?

We've done Atlantis + shallow water dolphin experience and really enjoyed it. I'll say, if you've not had the chance to participate in a dolphin experience; this is the best I've seen in terms of overall experience and knowledgeable staff who make it fun for the kids. Atlantis was also a lot of fun, even though we got slightly lost. (It's a big place!) One word of caution: The lazy river can be not so lazy!!

They have done quite a bit to clean up the area just off of port and around the markets you have to walk back through to get on the ship in recent years. I still see people complain about being "hassled" but really its quite mild compared to some countries, including our own if you're in the right/wrong place!

All that being said, the current plan is for us to remain onboard for this trip. We also have our room we always stay in that we call "ours". :)

How many cabins are thinking for the group?

For my group, we are actually built into two different cabins-
The first is myself, my auntie, and my 5yr old cousin
The other cabin is my grandma and grandpa

please include both cabins in FE :D

Just sent skyway a private message to sign up for our FE group. So excited!! We will be sailing in 2 cabins. There will be 7 of us. Me, DS, DD, DSIL, DGD age 12, and DGS ages 9 and 7. This will be my 3rd Disney cruise and everyone else's 2nd. Best part IT'S ALMOST PAID FOR!!!

Just sent skyway a private message to sign up for our FE group. So excited!! We will be sailing in 2 cabins. There will be 7 of us. Me, DS, DD, DSIL, DGD age 12, and DGS ages 9 and 7. This will be my 3rd Disney cruise and everyone else's 2nd. Best part IT'S ALMOST PAID FOR!!!

Thanks for posting here! Great to have more families joining the FE exchange!

So any insider tips for Nassau or Castaway Cay? We're so lucky to get 2 days there. Of course that "luck" is probably costing us more money.:rolleyes1

Does anyone know if there's going to be brunch at Palo? I'd heard that they were trying on port days on some cruises. Since we're a double dip there's no sea day to do it. I'd really love to take my hubby to brunch there.

Does anyone know if there's going to be brunch at Palo? I'd heard that they were trying on port days on some cruises. Since we're a double dip there's no sea day to do it. I'd really love to take my hubby to brunch there.

I've read conflicting reports here on the DISboards. Some people say they are doing Palo brunch (not sure about Remy) on Nassau days on the shorter cruises now, and some people say they aren't happening at all. I even read one where they say that it is happening on the 2nd Castaway Cay day....so that doesn't clear it up at all for us :)

oops!

It is confusing about when we will have Palo Brunch or if we will. I wonder if we will find out before the day we are allowed to make reservations after payment. My family is silver and going on this cruise so shouldn't the first day we can make reservations after we pay be in the middle of March?

My family and I want to join the FE group although I know I will be making all of the gifts for them as our teenage boys are not into crafting in any way! It sounds like fun.

It is confusing about when we will have Palo Brunch or if we will. I wonder if we will find out before the day we are allowed to make reservations after payment. My family is silver and going on this cruise so shouldn't the first day we can make reservations after we pay be in the middle of March?

March 24th for silver.

Hi everyone. We just booked this cruise. It will be our first one. We are very excited and have had 2 random strangers the last 2 days tell us how magical the cruise will be. In our group there are 3 of us. Our dd will be 7. We'd love any tips or must dos. We would also love to be added to the fish extender group.

Hi everyone. We just booked this cruise. It will be our first one. We are very excited and have had 2 random strangers the last 2 days tell us how magical the cruise will be. In our group there are 3 of us. Our dd will be 7. We'd love any tips or must dos. We would also love to be added to the fish extender group.

It depends. How active is your DD? What sort of activities does she like to do? Will she be comfortable (and will you be comfortable) with her going to the kids club, thereby giving mom and dad some alone time?

It depends. How active is your DD? What sort of activities does she like to do? Will she be comfortable (and will you be comfortable) with her going to the kids club, thereby giving mom and dad some alone time?
She's not the most adventurous one. She's very excited to go to the kid's club.

I've had a lot going on the past few weeks so I haven't been around much. Pretty soon it will be less than 100 days until sail! yay!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter