Jumping into June - June 2022 W.I.S.H. thread

WooHooing a great doctors appointment this morning! (Follow-up from my cyst removal - it all looks good now. :))

Not woohooing the cat meowing at me like I'm the meanest human on Earth because I won't take her out. (The Mosquito Ranger people were here this morning, and she's not to be on the grass yet.)

Oooh, also woohooing that DH fixed the slow drain in my kitchen sink!
Congratulations on the great test results!

Wahoooooooo I am on summer vacation!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't get as much done as I wanted today because I had an unexpected hour long meeting--and I'll have another one next month when I'm officially off duty. But it's good because we're working to make things easier for other office managers. We have a lot of new ones! And in a moment of over-zealousness I volunteered to mentor someone. That makes two mentees I'll have now, plus a new principal and a new office helper in the fall. Maybe I'll stop fast forwarding over the breathing part of my morning yoga! 🧘‍♀️

And my craving yesterday was peanut butter. Not sure what's up with that, but once I ate the Reese's cups I was fine. So weird. But I totally agree, eating a little now prevents stuffing your face later!

WOO HOO! DD and I went out to the movies for the first time in 3 years while DH dealt with the propane heater for the pool! They came early and got the job done but the electrician never showed. It was nice to go out with DD and have time with her.

WOO HOO! The weather has been beautiful.

Thankful for the coming long weekend... and the perfect weather that is forecast today thru Saturday. What a nice surprise.

Thankful for the kitties playing in the next room.

Yesterday the gal who is moving into my area of responsibility and I laid out a training/transition plan and it is going to be a gradual shift covering most of July. And I'll be ramping up for my new responsibilities in July so it is going to be a busy month, but I am very thankful to be making this change.

Thankful DH is going to be starting a less stressful position at work soon. It will be awhile as he needs to train his replacement but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Thankful for diaper rash cream. Having a kiddo "withholding" has been rough but desitin saves the day.

Thankful for sunny days during long weekends. Two out of three days look nice.

Thankful to live in this country, as many problems and issues as we have it could be a lot worse.

Thankful for the lovely people on this board

I’m thankful for the beautiful weather; that it’s summer and I don’t have to teach summer school; that I have a pool to swim in; my family and I should still have some immunity from Covid for another month or so; and I’m leaving for vacation in 3 weeks.

Thankful for breakfasts with friends. We all look forward to eating at our favorite little bistro as soon as I am done with work! Thankful that the restaurant is open again after closing for covid and then changing owners. Thankful that the menu didn't change nor did the staff. Thankful that we all will walk tomorrow morning! Thankful that right now DH is washing the dishes! Thankful that he said he'd go for a walk with me when he is done. Thankful that the weather is lovely!

Thankful for finally making it to my dad's in NY yesterday, after my previous trip was canceled. It was a pretty day for the drive, and I was pleased that it went smoothly. Today will be helping sort through some house stuff, and Sunday is a family birthday party at the lake.

Happy Friday!

We were told to block the second half of today off on our calendars, to keep it meeting free and take off early if we want to... I do want to! I'd much rather be puttying around outside than sitting at my desk.

Nothing major planned for tomorrow, then Sunday I'll be on a super early ferry and will get to my Sister's around 10am. I'm hoping that all the campers will have come in to town today or tomorrow and I won't get stuck in the RV parade. And Tuesday I'll be heading out around 6am for the same reason, else it will be a long slow drive home. Plus I'm not taking Tuesday as a day off, so need to get signed in as soon as I get home.

Happy 4th of July everyone!

1656689795898.png

It's past time to schedule July's hosts. I will take week one.

July 4-10: Summer
July 11-17:
July 18-24: PollyannaMom
July 25-31:

Last edited:
Thankful DD made it home safely from camp and had the best time. It was exactly what she needed to build some good friendships, make memories and be in a positive environment. She was crying last night over how much fun she had and she can’t believe it’s over.

Thankful for the long weekend, spending time volunteering and time with family!

Happy Friday to everyone and I hope you all enjoy your start to this great weekend!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!